The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I hope that Drifting Contact is the long awaited buff for the Exalted melee

Epsik-kun

I'm not even going to THINK about trying to get this mod, >.>

It will be nerfed, excuse me... fixed and Wukong will return to obscurity because every time a team-mate nukes the room you drop your combo counter and 50% of the ability's mechanic is set back to the beginning.

On 2016. 10. 28. at 3:13 PM, Xzorn said:

Excalibur kinda needs this as there's still not a great reason for him to get into melee and his damage output is noticeably under other things like Mesa or even normal Naramon melee unless you purposely exploiting double stealth dips.

Valkyr and Wukong are in better shape and don't need the combo counter quite as much but since Hysteria basically needs 10 stack Arcane Energize to perma I don't see a problem with her having it and your combo counter extension working with normal melee in addition to hysteria is ideal for how they want her to be played.

Valkyr DOES need it, 3 seconds are way too short to keep up. I really hope they won't touch this mod, she finally got back some of her fangs after the huge nerf.

5 minutes ago, Momo93 said:

Valkyr DOES need it, 3 seconds are way too short to keep up. I really hope they won't touch this mod, she finally got back some of her fangs after the huge nerf.

I didn't say she didn't need it,  I said she doesn't need it quite as much as Excalibur does. Both from a damage output and mechanics perspective.

Just now, Xzorn said:

I didn't say she didn't need it,  I said she doesn't need it quite as much as Excalibur does. Both from a damage output and mechanics perspective.

I'd say Excalibur needs it less since he can do ranged attacks and maintain his counter more easily thus he won't get as much use out of the mod like Valkyr. Yeah, I know she has the teleport augment but it's not worth sacrificing a slot on the frame for it.

9 minutes ago, Momo93 said:

I'd say Excalibur needs it less since he can do ranged attacks and maintain his counter more easily thus he won't get as much use out of the mod like Valkyr. Yeah, I know she has the teleport augment but it's not worth sacrificing a slot on the frame for it.

Excal only gets combo credit for attacks done in melee. He just about never has more than x2 because once he gets the multiplie; fodder units die more easily from his ranged attacks and thus he has nothing to get into melee range with then looses the bonus.  It gives more value to Excal getting into melee range, it gives more time for him to do so and it gives more value to Slash Dash and it's augment for build options.

Excals entire concept works better with a longer combo counter.... Valkyr just gets some free damage.

15 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Excal only gets combo credit for attacks done in melee. He just about never has more than x2 because once he gets the multiplie; fodder units die more easily from his ranged attacks and thus he has nothing to get into melee range with then looses the bonus.  It gives more value to Excal getting into melee range, it gives more time for him to do so and it gives more value to Slash Dash and it's augment for build options.

Excals entire concept works better with a longer combo counter.... Valkyr just gets some free damage.

What? I thought that Excal gets points for Exalted Blade ranged attacks too, seems logical to me. Kinda shows that it's been ages since I played him. About Valkyr, the free damage is welcome because if you do a 100% Hysteria focused build (so you won't get drained in 20 seconds..) you can't fit on any power strenght mods at all.

13 minutes ago, Momo93 said:

What? I thought that Excal gets points for Exalted Blade ranged attacks too, seems logical to me. Kinda shows that it's been ages since I played him. About Valkyr, the free damage is welcome because if you do a 100% Hysteria focused build (so you won't get drained in 20 seconds..) you can't fit on any power strenght mods at all.

I was just using Arcane Energize. Without a good amount of Power Strength Valkyr isn't really worth playing at all. 

Her nerf was unjustified IMO. I've actually gotten further in level with Banshee and Saryn as melee while being just as un-killable.

Time will tell when Naramon gets nerfed, if anything they made changes in the wrong order.

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Drifting Contact applying to weapon ultimates that use melee mods (Exated Blade, Hysteria, etc.) is being treated as a bug at this time. 

I would beg you guys to reconsider. Building an exalted weapon now is so... stale. We are so limited on what mods we can use, I honestly stopped using EB. Give us some build diversity here. I remember when weapon specific mods were first made unable to be used on exalted weapons - the reason given was that it caused a lack of build diversity. Well, making it so a huge selection of mods are unable to be used on exalted weaponry does the EXACT same thing.

Nth-ing the comments about adding the combo duration to channeled melee weapons. I understand why you wouldn't want to have the scaling crit stats from Blood Rush, but the melee counter is how melee weapons scale. Higher combo counter is more damage which means you're able to keep killing longer into a mission (or get a weaker build up to where it can deal damage in a high-level mission). 3 seconds is just not long enough to find a new group of enemies after you've cleared out a group you've found. Body Count and Drifting Contact give you the time you need to find new targets and keep yourself relevant. And let's be honest, if your Warframe's ultimate power costs energy to not stay as relevant as any regular melee weapon there's a discrepancy afoot.

Please, if you won't let these mods affect channeled melee weapons, at least give them a vastly improved combo counter duration since you're locked into using just them.

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Drifting Contact applying to weapon ultimates that use melee mods (Exated Blade, Hysteria, etc.) is being treated as a bug at this time. 

at least make it so that the status portion of it will affect the ultimate melees (so that way the combo part is being treated as the bug)....imo, the combo meter for ultimates SHOULD be at like 5-6 seconds anyways instead of the useless 3 seconds it is now.

1 hour ago, Dualstar said:

I meant in general, not just Drifting Contact.

Oh. I'm not sure, really.

probs just a balance thing?

Adding Blood Rush would definitely make them unbelievably powerful but we can simply just allow Body Count and only Body Count to affect them. Excaliburs mostly only attack at range and the damage on them falls off too (not that the waves increase the counter anyway), Hysteria's slide attacks are already insanely powerful (not to mention her easy to use finishers via Paralysis), and Wukong is apparently not that great.

Them working on them all wouldn't make such a huge difference, imo I guess.

Edited by Keybopsef

1 hour ago, Keybopsef said:

Oh. I'm not sure, really.

probs just a balance thing?

Adding Blood Rush would definitely make them unbelievably powerful but we can simply just allow Body Count and only Body Count to affect them. Excalibur's mostly only attack at range and the damage on them falls off too (not that the waves increase the counter anyway), Hysteria's slide attacks are already insanely powerful (not to mention her easy to use finishers via Paralysis), and Wukong is apparently not that great.

Them working on them all wouldn't make such a huge difference, imo I guess.

Not sure about Valkyr, but EB of Excal already recommends getting in close even when the waves exist. I really hope they can make it so combo stack only applies more dmg but not BR/WW.

At least I'll finally use this ability more.

8 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Why would you treat an essential melee mechanic applying to melee frames as a bug?!?!? Why doesn't Body count apply in the first place?

Can we please finally stop the trend where modding your melee to be good with the combo associated mod gimps your exalted weapons? If you truly mean them to be separate, kindly allow us to mod them separately.

The idea of Exalted weapons is that you enter into them for a while, then cancel when they drain all your energy, but since players can go on forever with them DE just made Combo counter mods not work on them. It¡s supposed to be an uber ultimate, not your default attack mode.

9 hours ago, Klarbauter said:

[DE]Megan Destroyer of dreams and shattered hope

That's a pretty badass tittle for [DE]Megan :3