The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You better be joking about friendly fire

ShiraHagane

Teammate accidentally shot through me, I unloaded a max damage Thermagnetic Shells Mara Detron while they tried to revive me, and their body ragdolled to the top of the massive, ramp like Void room and fell down in front of me.

10/10 game mode, this'll be so much fun with friends.

1 hour ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Friendly fire doesn't mean you should aim to kill other players at any cost. Conclave rewards that. Huge difference. Also, FF NM are optional, so you can always solo the missions. None of them are really hard.

I absolutely agree with you on how the two  mechanics are on paper totally different. 

Still, I'm confident it'll be better to run them solo, unless I'm looking for brainless fun, which I'm sure those mission will provide extensively . 

Like:

- Is that a Dual Ignis Prime you have there? How's that even poss*

-WHOOOOOOOSSSS

Edited by siralextraffo

friendly fire was removed from the game in closed beta. any "friendly fire" weapon mechanics was removed in about a week after mentioned weapon release...

I read a lot of posts about sick "fun" in that mode...

Imo it have to be removed or have a set of counter mechanics to trolls if that mode have to stay ...

9 hours ago, Gelkor said:

The new challenge being always running Nightmare missions solo to avoid the off chance of getting Friendly Fire modifier with an idiot team-mate.

They actually list the modifiers on the node now so you won't end up in said friendly fire nightmare without fair warning.  Kinda takes the challenge out of old nightmare mode now that we know we're getting into though.

4 hours ago, Evanescent said:

I'm quite sure my simulor, tonkor, penta, ogris, kulstar, shotgun spread, AoE ability, AoE damage and general arsenal made-with-no-design-towards-accommodating-friendly-fire can think! Wow!

I Solo anyways, but even if you folks go 'git gud and use br4in boi' it doesn't take away the fact that 99% of Warframes and Weapons weren't made with the intention of friendly fire being a thing, and none of them were adjusted for the mode. Consider the map designs, how they work.

It wasn't a good decision, not a good one at all without the needed prep. 

Hmph, I think I understand the problem now. I guess I change my stance and agree that this could be more problematic then it is worth.

I'm think the only way they could remotely make this work is if its like only 50% damage to friendly? Though I don't know if that is any helpful myself.

Edit: Though the main problem is not the actual feature but rather the reliability of most players who play it I guess.

Edited by Haspitas

Entirely on the side of those who thought "friendly fire? Let's grab some friends and be waaaaaaay too proud to be complete idiots."

Here's a little something we made out of it :) (if you're not allergic to French, but the content is pretty much self-explanatory XD)
Start at 12sec if you don't understand French;  that's where the fun begins :)

To those complaining: have you considered not playing this particular thing you can plan ahead for? Or just playing for different purposes?
We  rarely play nightmares anyway, so it's more going to be a "grab some friends and let's do a friendly fire" thing. To be classy and clever.

Edited by Huitzilopoltchi

12 hours ago, ------ArtOfViolence----- said:

QQ Awww let's make a pre-emptive post on the forums about it before trying a mission with it.  You'd be the first person I purposely head shot though.

made me lol so hard 10/10 for creativity xDDDD

58 minutes ago, (PS4)Ali_AmmarKh said:

Oh yes, But it is

No it's not. If anything, it's a challenge to not be trolled or targeted by auto aim abilities. There is no challenge in it.

It's a gimmick. It might be funny a couple of times but then you'll just be playing solo to avoid it.

21 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

While friendly fire looks like a cool new "difficulty", Warframe is not suited for any friendly fire restrictions. All the AoEs, all the hardcore trolling possibilities. The challenge will be to keep your nerves intact.

Had to deal with a Frost with a Synoid Simulor on a Radiation Lech Kril Assassination Sortie last night (I even used an Assimilate Nyx), I can only imagine the torment Friendly Fire conditions have on Nightmare missions.

Group play is horrible - due to massive tenno damage scaling. Rogue bullet can 1 hit. Aoe weapons are useless.
And massive number of trolls and griefers who "are just testing" - or people who shoot you when you revive someone and then run away.