Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #82 Overview

AM-Bunny

38fbdd91f4.png

Bard-frame
• There was some concern over her default colours being too similar to Banshee's, they'll probably be altered somewhat
• This Warframe's gameplay includes a step-sequencer
• You will be able to compose small lengths of looping songs
• This will be very easy to understand for non-musicians but allows for a deep level of customization
• Click HERE to see Rebecca customize her colours in the Arsenal

8a7ea4f355c155115255a0e51a0f23e2.pnga0fda17e0b3994b8e464abdd08e157ae.png

New Mag Deluxe Skin
• This skin was designed by Francois, the same commissioned artist that made many of the other deluxe skins
• This skin features disconnected joints that hover in place
• Click HERE     to see Ray live-sculpt the upcoming Mag deluxe skin

7f40d4e72e48065c4e459ebe6aa9493c.png

Assault Gameplay
• This gamemode will unlock after completing The War Within, and uses the Grineer Fortress tileset
• This gamemode is the longest non-endless mission type in the game so far
• Utilizes stealth elements and many more objectives; the goal is to redirect the Grineer cannon at themselves
• Grineer Archwing enemies appear in non-Archwing gameplay
• Click HERE to see Rebecca play some of this mode

Endless Relic Gameplay
• After 5 waves/5 minutes, you'll have the option to equip a new Relic for the next round
• You'll be able to see your Relic reward before using another Relic
• You'll also be able to see what Relics your teammates equip going into the next round
• Void Traces earned will increase as you push further in endless missions
• This will probably be included in The War Within update
• See if a preview of Rebecca showing this new addition HERE

Next Round of Tennogen Winners
Telamon Atlas Helmet
Saryn Graxx
Spitefire Graxx Syandana
Sari Syandana
Ember Graxx
Emperor Frost
Nyx Graxx
Banshee Echo Helmet
Ash Carabid Helmet
Chroma Vojnik Battle-Damaged

Console Update
• The next console build is being sent for cert today
• This build will include The Index Preview, The Vacuum Within, and much more
• This will include framerate and V-Sync improvements
• Keep an eye out for more information from Megan and Drew on the forums

Extra Stuff
• More species of Kavats will come eventually, allowing players to use Hyekka or Drahk could be interesting, nothing decided
• The usual DE Halloween costume party will be held on the Monday XBox One at 1 stream
• There's been thought about special Alert-only Relics that have unique reward tables, but nothing has been decided
• There's a new system coming in War Within that will involve Sorties somehow that should address some of the reward frustrations
• Ray has just begun work on the Frost Deluxe skin, probably will be some time before release
• The Ash Deluxe skin has been modeled completely, it will be released soon along with the Bladestorm changes 
• The Bladestorm changes have been updates since last Devstream to be a toggle rather than holding the button down
• There will be some items brought out of The Vault for the holiday season - possibly more than one Prime Warframe
• Click HERE to see Frost's cloth physics in action - probably will release with The War Within
• The 'Replay Quest' feature will be added soon (only The Second Dream to begin), hopefully next week on PC!

Keep an eye out for the official overview from @[DE]Taylor  later today!

Edited by AM-Bunny

War Bard-frame's sex disclosed?

Because it should be male, going by DE's tradition of alternating gender of new-frame releases (except where Prime's are concerned, where it has been male-male, female-female and repeat).

But DE Rebecca clearly referred to Bard-frame as "she".

Looking forward to seeing the Mag skin finalised. As for the Bard frame, the 'step sequencer' puts me in mind of Chatot's 'Chatter' attack from Pokemon Pearl/Diamond. Wonder how it all plays out.

Past that...if the Assault mode is only the beginning of multi-stage missions, this could be very interesting and entertaining. I do admit I really like the 'blue space' tone that the Grineer Fortress tile has, though I admit I am quite biased to deep blues.

Any event, good work as ever.

2 minutes ago, VectorWolf said:

Isn't Bard frame a HE? Last time we had Titania, and it's he-her-he-her etc.

It's a Female that was born in the wrong body and wants to be a he.

Hopefully we get a Male Dancer frame next.

Edited by Wolfdoggie

25 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

New Mag Deluxe Skin
• This skin was designed by Francois, the same commissioned artist that made many of the other deluxe skins
• This skin features disconnected joints that hover in place
• Click HERE     to see Ray live-sculpt the upcoming Mag deluxe skin

Reveal hidden contents

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD.......

JUST HOLY.... OMFG!!!!

I NEEEEEED IT!!!

also, love you bunny :) thanks for the speedy updates and all :P

Edited by Arniox

3 minutes ago, (PS4)obsidiancurse said:

Thanks bunny.

unsure on the new endless, if it uses a relic every five rounds/minutes it's still not as economical as the old keys.

This is true, but honestly I can't see anyway around it.

The advantage of endless mission with the old Void Key system was that you could get multiple rewards for the cost of a single key. Contrastingly, non-endless missions had a 1:1 reward to key ratio, so it was much less rewarding.

This system heavily favoured endless missions, but non-endless still had a role to play, since drop tables were exclusive by mission type. Meaning that even if Capture was less rewarding than Defense, you would still have a reason to play Capture if it rewarded the part you were after.

However, by contrast, the new Fissure system allows you to match any reward pool with any mission type. This means that if there were a way to get multiple rewards for the cost of a single Relic, non-endless missions would be completely inferior. You would be stuck playing endless missions for flatly better rewards, and the general gameplay would be even more restrictive and burnout-inducing than before.

This is why I don't think a single Relic will ever offer more than one reward. More Void Traces is a decent incentive, and at least there will be some reason to play long missions now.

It begins.

Finally Warframe takes the step toward inhuman warframe-designs. I was wondering when it would happen, since SD freed them from most creative restraints.

Floating limbs, true atro-hindlegs, talk of multilegged warframes in the future. I really wonder what Warframe will look like 6 months from now.

And DAMN that Frost physics!