Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Literally impossible mission?

Callback

Question

I finally decided to try my hand at sorties, and thanks to the genius advice of this forum, I went solo.  Should be easy enough, pistol only exterminate... corpus.

There are 3 bursas at all times.  If I do manage to kill one (which requires an ENTIRE team ammo restore), another spawns in its place and increases the total enemy count.  It never ends.  Is there any way to ever win at corpus exterminate with this new enemy spawning infinitely to replace itself?

25 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Tsoe said:

no alarms and you are good

if i recall europa can kinda of F*** your over because if u are unlucky with room spawns there might be 0 panels to hack which leads into a problem earth has

if u alarm a group of enemies bursas start to spawn immediatly and with no way to hack alarms. weeeeeell it was nice knowing u :P

aside from not triggering Alarms (in Sortie this means allowing a Lockdown and then lifting it), use a mixture of Guns(preferably ones that employ Crits) and Warframe that will allow you to mostly or entirely Strip/reduce Armor, and also slow Bursas down.
don't forget that the Hack Panel on Bursas is a massive Weakpoint. you deal nuts Damage to that spot.

then cruise through the Mission, getting rolls for Mod Drops from Bursas. don't forget to Hack them for an increased Mod Drop Chance. (if you want the Mods they can give you, ofcourse).

4 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

if i recall europa can kinda of F*** your over because if u are unlucky with room spawns there might be 0 panels to hack which leads into a problem earth has

there are definitely not enough Tiles that still don't have a Hack Panel in them (the intended number of those is supposed to be 0 on Tilesets where normal Lockdowns can happen) to create an entire Mission without them.

you might possibly end up in a Tile that they're missing from and encounter a Lockdown, though. very unlikely.

It's all about the right frame for the job.

The mission you spoke of in particular I used Mesa with Askstilleto Prime and even left the alarms on.

You can't go in there with say, Hydroid and expect the same results, esp in a timely manner. Not all frames are created equal, despite the propaganda of some.

The only Sorties I group for are certain Bosses (cheesey mechanics / dispel), Defense (faster to let someone else babysit) and Sniper Only (Just annoying and slow).

What gear did you bring? I usually take vaykor marelok or akstiletto prime, with mag (magnetize) or rhino (rhino stomp) who can stun the bursas or loki (i can get behind the bursas, because at the back they take significanly more damage), and I don't have any problems. But if you have a problem with a simple exterminate, then you should work more on your gear, because sorties will be more difficult than this (i still have nightmares about corpus excavation sorties). 

Bursa triggers are sometimes glitched in sorties (meaning they constantly spawn after killing one, alarm or not).

Best way I found was to use an in invis frame (Loki/Ivara/Ash) and go on killing the rest of the enemies leaving the Bursa for last.  Once all the rest are dead, backtrack to kill the Bursa and the exterminate will be completed.

1 hour ago, Callback said:

I finally decided to try my hand at sorties, and thanks to the genius advice of this forum, I went solo.

Such advice isn't always a good thing.  Though most sorties can be soloed sometimes a group is better.  Of course the choice of frame/weapon matters quite a bit in those situations.  Bursas, for example can be put to sleep with ivara or equinox rendering them pretty impotent.  Mag's magnetize and they just kill themselves for you.  Some decent options available depending on what you have at your disposal.

If you can't a decent combo for solo then a group is a good idea despite the advice of the forums.

2 hours ago, Callback said:

I finally decided to try my hand at sorties, and thanks to the genius advice of this forum, I went solo.  Should be easy enough, pistol only exterminate... corpus.

There are 3 bursas at all times.  If I do manage to kill one (which requires an ENTIRE team ammo restore), another spawns in its place and increases the total enemy count.  It never ends.  Is there any way to ever win at corpus exterminate with this new enemy spawning infinitely to replace itself?

They only spawn with alarms triggered, did you make sure to disable alarms?

It will mean your secondary is not powerful enough. 

If it is exterminate mission then it will mean there is a fixed number of enemies spawning as shown as the numbers you need to kill. So kill the goons first and get back to the bursa. Always kill the easy ones first so they won't swamp you in numbers.

If it is not exterminate mission and enemies spawn infinitely... then your only choice is to abort mission, no chance of winning with the current secondary you having.

To those who keep mentioning alarms:

Bursas will always spawn in sorties, alarms or not.

As for OP:

Going in sorties for the first time solo:  Bad Idea.
Sorties are all high level enemies. You go in there with non-forma'd weapons and you will deal very low damage. Since it took you ammo restores to kill a Bursa, your weapon is very weak.

Sorties are made easy by: 

- understanding damage 2.0
- Putting forma on your frame/weapons, giving you the opportunity to mod them stronger.
- modding your weapons specifically for the enemy faction you are about to fight
- finding out what frame works best for the mission and its modifier
- having shield/armor/health mods modded as high as possible to make your frame durable (or be really good at avoiding damage altogether)
- having corrupt/nightmare mods to strengthen your frame's abilities even more

So all in all, sorties are meant for experienced players who understand the game to the core and possess the best mods and ranked them (almost) fully.
If not, you will need to play with others so you got each others' back.

I normally do pistol-only sorties with Mesa since with that mission modifier she benefits the most from it. She fires faster with dual pistol / reloads quicker with single pistol AND gets a +50 health boost for not having a melee weapon equipped. I keep Muzzle Flash (Shooting Gallery augment) active at all times and my entire team benefits from it.

As for the multiple Bursas issue:  you are not killing the first one fast enough. The game will not wait so it will spawn the next one. Only in defense missions do 2 Bursas spawn at the same time. Bursas have been nerfed and turn around slower, so you just have to be fast and run or jump to its back and shoot the panel on its back. Bursas can be put to sleep/shocked/stunned/Frozen with Warframe abilites or high proc weapons, making it easier to kill them quick.

Edited by MystMan

4 hours ago, MystMan said:

Yes, Bursas will spawn, but only because the map starts in alerted state for sorties.  If you can trigger a lockdown and then hack twice, you'll actually turn off the alarms and Bursas will stop spawning.

As some posters noted above, it really depends on what sort of gear you have equipped, what frame you brought in for their particular abilities, and what weapons and how they were modded for the particular faction of enemy you are facing.  Also, going solo is almost never a good idea if you have not had the chance to really get used to how Warframe plays out in higher levels so that you have enough experience to really know how to counter certain enemies and prepare accordingly. 

18 hours ago, Tizodd said:

Bursa triggers are sometimes glitched in sorties (meaning they constantly spawn after killing one, alarm or not).

Best way I found was to use an in invis frame (Loki/Ivara/Ash) and go on killing the rest of the enemies leaving the Bursa for last.  Once all the rest are dead, backtrack to kill the Bursa and the exterminate will be completed.

That is what I did, and was exactly the problem.  Leaving bursas for last means there will always be 3.  The instant one died, another spawned to take its place.

1 hour ago, HecateGW said:

As some posters noted above, it really depends on what sort of gear you have equipped, what frame you brought in for their particular abilities, and what weapons and how they were modded for the particular faction of enemy you are facing.  Also, going solo is almost never a good idea if you have not had the chance to really get used to how Warframe plays out in higher levels so that you have enough experience to really know how to counter certain enemies and prepare accordingly. 

I have plenty of high level experience from old t4 void runs.  I went loki since the way that mission scaled anything else would get one-shot. and a potatoed telos akbolto with corrosive.  The problem was still that leaving bursas for last I ended up in a situation where I couldn't win because every one I killed spawned another.

14 hours ago, MystMan said:

As for OP:

Going in sorties for the first time solo:  Bad Idea.
Sorties are all high level enemies. You go in there with non-forma'd weapons and you will deal very low damage. Since it took you ammo restores to kill a Bursa, your weapon is very weak.

Sorties are made easy by: 

- understanding damage 2.0
- Putting forma on your frame/weapons, giving you the opportunity to mod them stronger.
- modding your weapons specifically for the enemy faction you are about to fight
- finding out what frame works best for the mission and its modifier
- having shield/armor/health mods modded as high as possible to make your frame durable (or be really good at avoiding damage altogether)
- having corrupt/nightmare mods to strengthen your frame's abilities even more

So all in all, sorties are meant for experienced players who understand the game to the core and possess the best mods and ranked them (almost) fully.
If not, you will need to play with others so you got each others' back.

I normally do pistol-only sorties with Mesa since with that mission modifier she benefits the most from it. She fires faster with dual pistol / reloads quicker with single pistol AND gets a +50 health boost for not having a melee weapon equipped. I keep Muzzle Flash (Shooting Gallery augment) active at all times and my entire team benefits from it.

As for the multiple Bursas issue:  you are not killing the first one fast enough. The game will not wait so it will spawn the next one. Only in defense missions do 2 Bursas spawn at the same time. Bursas have been nerfed and turn around slower, so you just have to be fast and run or jump to its back and shoot the panel on its back. Bursas can be put to sleep/shocked/stunned/Frozen with Warframe abilites or high proc weapons, making it easier to kill them quick.

Tried mesa, she died in the first 3 seconds.  Changed to Loki to live.

Telos Boltor with corrosive damage?  That is a puncture sidearm with Gas proc.  (the puncture damage alone is ineffective against shields, does lesser damage).
Unless yours is packing 4+ forma with maxed Hornet Strike with elemental damage (magnetic+poison), there are more efficient weapons and mod setups to fight against Corpus in sorties. Using Corrosive just to fight Bursa armor isn't worth it since you fight so few of them per mission.

Mesa has Shooting Gallery which jams/stuns enemies in range, including Bursas. 
Shatter Shield makes her a temporary tank.

She is quite durable if you know how to use her.  
But Loki is fine too. But the weapons you're packing however need a look over. If you plan on tackling sorties, your first priority is to fuse R10 damage mods to the max. They make a  huge difference. And start putting as many forma as you can on your favorite weapons to maximize their potential.

I used Zephyr and all I did was jump over them, shoot them from behind, and keep circling them. The blue bursa was the most dangerous because of their speed and aoe attack but once you get them turning then it becomes easy. I may have ended up killing a dozen bursas.