The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma plat sink

(PSN)T0katax

Personally, I have heaps of Forma blueprints, therefore I tend to not spend platinum on Forma. I also do not really Forma equipment unless it is an upgraded version, so I tend to hoard it.

Potatoes, are far less abundant, in my experience. Therefore I'm more inclines to spent platinum for it whenever I am running low on them.

I can imagine players who forma equipment on a frequent basis spending tons of platinum on it, so they can bypass the 1 day interval for building Formas one by one. Well, to each their own.

Edited by X3Evanescence

I'm sitting on 30+ potatoes of each kind and like 90 forma.
You should probably think twice about whether you actually need to use them on your gear before you do it.

Or just continue buying them.
Your choice.

Forma is definitely easier to obtain without using plat though, as you can attempt farming it whenever you want to, unlike potatoes.

1 hour ago, Suncake said:

Formas are easy to build, but catalysts and reactors are pretty rare.

I buy alot of my frames and weapons, so ive got potatoes comming out of my ears. On the other hand i keep 1 of every weapon, even if ive maxed it, and i tend to forma each one 2-3 times, so i never have enough forma blueprints XD

I don't have much plat, well, any plat now so I tend to watch what I spend it on. I mainly use it for potatos and slot unlocks. 

I recently came back after a year away with a lot more frames added to the game I needed more slots so that sucked up a chunk of my plat and the potatos for those frames and a couple of new weapons.

I got a load of forma with the massive collection of relics I had when I logged in. Seems something I used to have was converted to those relics and whatever I had, was a lot. I'm good for forma for a week or so. 

I could make plat with the prime parts/mods I have but I seriously detest the trading in this game so that won't happen. 

Edited by Ailissa

Well, forma are reasonably easy to obtain. 

I did run out recently (finally) but that's because I've multi-forma'd almost every weapon/frame/companion I use regularly (i switch loadouts between almost every mission) and I'm down to my last 2 or 3 clan research weapons to craft which all need forma. If anything though, I'd recommend not buying the forma. I would recommend using plat for rush the forma that you're already crafting if you really need them right away. It will save you half of the plat cost.

While you need less potatoes for frames, they're harder to get hold of than forma although I'm now running low due to using a load of forma on warframes/weapons over the weekend 

I only put potatoes on weapons which really deserve/need them so while I could do with more I'm not in desperate need of them. 

Have to say that I'm trying not to buy forma/potatoes via plat, same goes exilus adapters which are basically my only reason for still doing cephalon lol.

5 hours ago, (PS4)T0katax said:

Out of curiosity: I'm always reading things like "potatoes are the biggest plat sink" and stuff. Am I the only one who mainly uses plat to buy formas? :D

All my plat goes into cosmetics and forma. Im so happy they added the 3x forma for 35p.

1 minute ago, (PS4)T0katax said:

I just heard from the 3x forma for 35p here ;_; so much plat sunken into buying forma one at a time ;_; i wanna cry...^^

I've spent about 5k plat on forma/rushing forma. The 35p bundle makes it so its not worth rushing anymore (thank god).

Edited by Skaleek

4 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

I've spent about 5k plat on forma/rushing forma. The 35p bundle makes it so its not worth rushing anymore (thank god).

I should someday get the neurodes and neural sensors to start producing forma again...^^

On a sidenote: I missed clems platsale, and ps4 has no 75% plat discounts - when is the next prime access? >< In dire need of some plat^^ And somehow everyone wants to sell, but noone wants to buy something on ps4^^

Edited by (PS4)T0katax

Probably formas are biggest plat sink.

I ran out of forma bp's after void rework and basically didnt get any ever since. So now I only use bought with plat formas, since im too lazy to do fissures. When it comes to potatoes I bought 50 each when they were discounted, that will last for a while.

Edited by ViS4GE

13 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Shoulda used em up on the 2x xp weekend with an xp booster!

I did a few, but there is not much left for me to put Forma in tbh. And I don't really feel like putting tons of Forma into something I never gonne use anyway.

It really depends on when you started playing and how long/consistently you've been playing, how much you play, whether you're able to catch potato alerts/invasions/events, and where you fit between maining one loadout and flipping between everything.

Someone who played from the start will likely have been able to keep up (if they wanted/tried to) with (free) potatoes and (time to build) forma for each frame and weapon that came along. Someone just starting will see all those same frames and weapons, without any of those forma or potatoes.

There are fewer frames than there are weapons, and one potato vs multiple forma for each frame/weapon.

The rest follows from those points.

Edited by schilds