Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bard Warframe Speculation, Discussion and Feedback Thread

Zanoza-chan

16 hours ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

I know right? I had a bunch of parody ones lined up.

DDR: Summons a hip asian child to assist you in duets.

Beethoven: A passive that mutes the screen every time Vay Hek appears.

Scrill x: A loud painful noise is emitted from musicframe then the beat drops and the afflicted all become braindead hipsters.

AHAHAAHAHAHAHA

Tune Up: Most likely adds a bonus to friends, health is the biggest contender.

Drop D: It may mean drop defense in a way, shredding armor, shield, or cutting total health the longer it stays up.

Pied Piper: DEFINITELY going to manipulate enemies, making them extremely docile in an AoE.

Amplifier: Probably buffs allies considerably the longer their around it.

Tune up - sounds like a buff,

Drop the base - plays hardbass so hard that ragdolls entire ship :)

Sleep-like Ivara sleep arrow with Banshe silence.

I'm waiting for player custom music when abilities are active, so many possible earkilling sound compilations:)

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 8:49 PM, (XB1)The Final Rumor said:

No I refuse to call it a bard lol! A lot of frames are named after gods 

nyx :roman

atlas: greek

zephyr: Roman 

wukong/nehza : China gods

i think the new God should be Apollo 

apollo cause he's the God of the sun AND MUSIC

+1

Sure. Let's have more overused god names from popular mythology.
While we're at it, might as well change the game's title to SMITE.

We totally need more god names in Warframe.

Edited by Oranji

Her passive will be similar to Chroma's, you will have segments of song, probably those used on the Lua puzzle, but lasting around 30 seconds each.  Each will be linked to a different type of buff.  Low health, high sheilds, awful armor.  Tons of energy capacity.

Segment one-Power

Segment two-Speed

Segment three-Defense

Segment four-Duration

Segment five-Range/accuracy

Segment six-Weapons

You will be able to compose a looping sequence of four of these, each giving the war frame a buff to it's aspect while it is playing.  You can repat segments within the set of four as many tims as you want.  Amount of each buff is TBD, at least one will probably be casual only (probably the weapons one), but they want you to mix and match them rather than having a sinle strong one lik Ice for Chroma.

Tune Up-10 energy-You can rearange the oder of the notes you have chosen.  The first note will become the last and the other notes will move up by one in the sequence. For 15 seconds (doubled if you have the duration segment) you will get al buffs from the segments you have equipped simaltaineusly.

Pied Piper-5 energy/second-Will disarm enemies in a LOS cone in front of you for as long as you are chaneling it and it cause them to walk towards you.  If you wre playing the Power Segment, they will have their health and armor (debated) reduced.  If you were playing the Speed segment, they will be staggered and yanked twards you instead of walking.  If you were playing the Defene segment, you will get an armor buff whenever an effected enemy hit's you (they still have the batons they get when Loki Disarms)  Armor dissipates when the last enemy dies.  If you were playing  the Duration segment, it will last for a minute after you stop channeling (debated whether it can be recast during this time).  If you were playing the Range segment,  becomes radial rather than cone and gets a significant range buff.  If you were playing the Waepons segment, targeted enemies lose shields and drop ammo when disarmed.  (ammo type matches the weapon of that enemy.

Amplifier-50 energy.  Creates a void resonator (a massive speaker that increases warfram powers) .  it has health; Abilities cast on it are recast at 50% strength with it as their new center (you get to do the ability twice.  Only affects targeted abilities and some aoes.  Bugged as !#@$Amp| with wormhole right now.) Segment on incraeses ability power starts at 100% plus any power mods on Benzia.  Segment 2 increases power speed and allies can run through it for a shortterm sprint boost.  Defense causes it to get more health and spawn health orbs when targeted.  Duratio buffs the duration of the effected power and makes speaker last longer.  Range incraeses the powers range #6 allows allies to shoot it with primaries and secondaries.  Instead of replication powers it will become a turret firing as if using the ammo of the last weapon fired at it.  Has problematic accuracy tho and spews swaths of buggy hellfire when shot with an ignis or ogris.  

Power cords-75 energy-Did you all srlsly think it was Drop D?  You know Rob loves his double entendres and DE would never think of namming a ability something so informal. It just distribute what ever buff she is playing to her team mates and increases its effects.  Does stagger enemies for a second when activated.

Edited by Kothophed
Overall a cool frame, very diverse in ways to play. Hopefully someone will read this before the Spoiler Thought Police take it down.

24 minutes ago, TheThunder said:

i hope his music making niche stay at the armory like a mini game (flappy bird zephyr anyone?)

warframe its too frantic to making music on the go totally impossibe vs crazy stuff like sortie infestation eximus mode

You arrange your segments in arsenal

^

I know we havn't had solid gameplay release for the new upcoming frame but what were your first thoughts on the idea of a Bard Frame?

For my part, i don't see how it fits into warframe. I know we have frames that follows themes such as "rifts" or "fairies" but the theme Bard just doesn't seem to fit in, imo.

3 minutes ago, Teadude said:

i don't see how it fits into warframe.

Which is DE is making Warframe more colorful, more campy, more fantastical than it was. They really broke the envelope now and want it to be as playful as possible: Kids with powers, Warframes based on ridiculous themes, guns that shoot confetti.

People say I'm wrong but we keep getting these things. I guess they will say I'm wrong until they remove blood and gore "to not offend any of the young players". When that day happens I won't even want to say "I told you so".