The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So what is all suppose to be included now in TWW?

TheSteelRat

37 minutes ago, Grimlock- said:

11 months ago was Second Dream...

close to a year waiting for umbra, umbra not coming on tww so...
The most important part that the community want from the update, dont is on the update, stillllllllllllllll...

Its been well over a year for Umbra at this point at this point.

It came out in China what... May 2015?

It was then roughly teased throughout a chunk of 2015, with a 'soft' probably christmas date set in the end.

But yeah, loooong time.

58 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

Which happens with every piece of software that goes live.

shure, look at the vw-drama in usa ... created by american car-companies owned by germans ^^)

im shure behind this all is "secret service" from china which holds 90 percent of DE now, under the roof of a american company ...

or smth like that, riddle solved ? all answers given ? ^^)))))))))))))))))))))

im thinking about a privat equity deal with my liset, or my second warframe account ... =P

Edited by Guest

22 minutes ago, (PS4)BlitzKeir said:

They might pull a classic cartoon cliffhanger reversal, and immediately after saying that in the full cinematic, Teshin rushes past you and attacks [insert bad guy].

What we know for sure is he can't become your enemy, and you can't kill him. They'd have to make a new NPC and redo all the Conclave dialogue. At worst, he'll rough you up a bit and send you to your room.

I doubt that they'll do something so cliche as that, especially since his exact quote is "You shouldn't have come here. You've ruined us both."

Both, of course, implying that there are only 2 people present: Teshin and the Tenno. It is possible that there are others there but given that she (the Tenno) turned and drew her sword without knowing who was there (the surprise in her voice upon seeing Teshin) implies that she would have known if there were others there. 

Sauce:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, CollectiVision said:

How is everyone forgetting about access to the infested door in our ship along with the new game mechanic said to be linked to it??

They haven't forgotten. It's been explicitly called out by DE as not part of the War Within quest.

Edited by BornWithTeeth

1 minute ago, BornWithTeeth said:

They haven't forgotten. It's been explicitly called out by DE as not part of the War Within quest.

When did they say that? do you have a reference?

I was under the impression that it was included with TWW in the same way focus and access to the operator was with TSD

1 hour ago, Grimlock- said:

11 months ago was Second Dream...

close to a year waiting for umbra, umbra not coming on tww so...
The most important part that the community want from the update, dont is on the update, stillllllllllllllll...

The thing is Umbra is pretty damn underwhelming. It's just an alter stat boost version of the frame. No one really cares all that much.

23 minutes ago, DarkOvion said:

Its been well over a year for Umbra at this point at this point.

It came out in China what... May 2015?

It was then roughly teased throughout a chunk of 2015, with a 'soft' probably christmas date set in the end.

But yeah, loooong time.

Also the agreement for the Chinese version probably has it so they can't release it for a certain amount of time. It's probably not over yet.

3 minutes ago, CollectiVision said:

How is everyone forgetting about access to the infested door in our ship along with the new game mechanic said to be linked to it??

Confirmed not part of TWW

18 minutes ago, CollectiVision said:

When did they say that? do you have a reference?

I was under the impression that it was included with TWW in the same way focus and access to the operator was with TSD

Recent Devstream, can't remember which.

Edit: It's in Devstream 76, at the 38:30 mark, though the update wasn't referred to as "The War Within" but as "[Update] 19", since the decision to split up Update 19 in four parts wasn't taken back then.

Edited by Gorila_Azul
Info

13 minutes ago, silkygoodness said:

The thing is Umbra is pretty damn underwhelming. It's just an alter stat boost version of the frame. No one really cares all that much.

Also the agreement for the Chinese version probably has it so they can't release it for a certain amount of time. It's probably not over yet.

Confirmed not part of TWW

-May be just an altered stat boost(however we do know that a new system will be coming with Umbra, what its going to be no clue) but theres plenty of people looking foward to it.

-As far as the agreement goes the deal was that it would be a time limited exclusive for 30 days if I remember correctly after which DE can release the content for the global build.We already have 2 items from that deal, Nikana Prime and Spira Prime(Known as Kunai Prime in the Chinese build) with only Excalibur Umbra being held back for whatever DE has in mind with it with the next cinematic quest after War Within.

1 hour ago, JSharpie said:

I love threads like these, where a bunch of overly cynical people come to discuss what they haven't experienced yet.

While this is a valid point, DE has over delivered on promises and revisions to the game in the past. Take U14 for example, it had broken the game and left a number of players unable to log in and had issues with kubrows during launch.

We could also look at the release week of Specters of the Rail, which had left a number of the community with missing relics due to key conversion being faulty at the day of the update.

There's also people that denounce Second Dream as being canon and renouncing any and all ties to it.

Just a couple of things I like to keep in mind when expecting major updates, since I know it's to be expected. Can't help but have a level of pessimism around these times.

38 minutes ago, silkygoodness said:

At the time, they said that time period is around 30-90 days, hence why we got the Spira and such bits when we did, and why they originally said Dec 2015.

Edited by DarkOvion

25 minutes ago, StarSnake said:

Well, Technically umbra is here...

Only stalker have him.

What if.. we had to hunt down the acolytes and use focus abilities to rip pieces of their frames off of them as sort of a "FATALITY" move. Using the eviscerated pieces of the acolytes and tennogen virus, we repair them and forge Umbra Warframes. The Umbra Frames are capable of entering rifts and going to the time period of the last Orokin Wars, to battle against Ordan Karris. 

Sounds too much like Warframe 2: The Orokin Age. 

34 minutes ago, Cook-EN- said:

Not 100% sure, but I think the Bard frame is coming in the update

Unfortunately this is not the case :/It was either confirmed on the recent Podcast when Rob from AGGP asked about it to [DE]Drew or it was in one of his recent videos.

Personally I'm definitely bummed out about it since I've been really looking forward to her :c

Especially since I'm a music tech major, so after hearing about the step sequencer, you can bet I'm super pumped to play around with it, regardless if it's a simple one or something much more complex!

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

2 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

He doesn't have ten shins, it's Teshin.

Where does everyone get ''Tenshin'' from? Is it the name of a character from a TV show or something?

Just the usual illiterates in the community, after all there was a whole thread showing how trash the American educational system is at teaching its students grade 1-12 at basic functions like reading

1 hour ago, Maseguad_il_Belo said:

Just the usual illiterates in the community, after all there was a whole thread showing how trash the American educational system is at teaching its students grade 1-12 at basic functions like reading

I think it's based off of Tenjin, which is a popular figure in Japanese folklore, and - I'm relatively certain - the etymological source of Teshin's name.

I remember when he was first introduced, even the developers mixed his name up, so I wouldn't hold it against the community too much. Or at least trash the Canadian educational system too.

3 hours ago, silkygoodness said:

The exclusivity expired nearly a year ago. If it were just a skin and stat boost, they would have put it out already. A few months ago, DE put out a poll asking what people would optimally prefer Umbra to be, with some of the possible answers being "a new frame with different stats", "a skin", and "a new mechanic". There were others but they escape me. As has the poll. Without recalling which subforum the thread was in, finding any specific post about Umbra is damn near impossible. Even though it doesn't get talked about much lately, if you printed every Umbra thread and burned it, you could keep a fire going for months.

Sooo, yeah, no citation. I guess. Just putting it out there.

2 hours ago, (PS4)BlitzKeir said:

The exclusivity expired nearly a year ago. If it were just a skin and stat boost, they would have put it out already. A few months ago, DE put out a poll asking what people would optimally prefer Umbra to be, with some of the possible answers being "a new frame with different stats", "a skin", and "a new mechanic". There were others but they escape me. As has the poll. Without recalling which subforum the thread was in, finding any specific post about Umbra is damn near impossible. Even though it doesn't get talked about much lately, if you printed every Umbra thread and burned it, you could keep a fire going for months.

Sooo, yeah, no citation. I guess. Just putting it out there.

Datamining revealed it was like a prime, but with different boosted stats.

4 hours ago, AM-Bunny said:

I think it's based off of Tenjin, which is a popular figure in Japanese folklore, and - I'm relatively certain - the etymological source of Teshin's name.

I remember when he was first introduced, even the developers mixed his name up, so I wouldn't hold it against the community too much. Or at least trash the Canadian educational system too.

6 hours ago, Maseguad_il_Belo said:

8 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

He doesn't have ten shins, it's Teshin.

Where does everyone get ''Tenshin'' from? Is it the name of a character from a TV show or something?

I think it allso get confused by the fact that Tenshin Shōden Katori Shintō-ryū is a school of Martial Arts dating back to the 1400's.

I have come across the name Tenshin before as a name of a important figure, so I thought that was the inspiration behind the character.

I am worried about TWW.

I mean you can hype the quest as much as you want, but long-term, it had better bring more to the game than 2 hours of content at most...I mean those 2 hours may be awesome, but what am I going to do after that? I really, really hope it's not just the quest and some tweaks. we need new content in here, I hope DE delivers.

If it brings a new progression system, I hoope it doesn't turn out to be as underwhelming as focus.

6 minutes ago, Evanescent said:

I am worried about TWW.

I mean you can hype the quest as much as you want, but long-term, it had better bring more to the game than 2 hours of content at most...I mean those 2 hours may be awesome, but what am I going to do after that? I really, really hope it's not just the quest and some tweaks. we need new content in here, I hope DE delivers.

If it brings a new progression system, I hoope it doesn't turn out to be as underwhelming as focus.

What if War Within brings reworks for the Focus system, and includes a direct link between advanced Focus trees and progression options for fully mobile Operators?

(This is me crossing my fingers and hoping.)

15 hours ago, Imaru said:

Based on the cinematics we've seen I don't think there's a chance of Teshin being an ally, as he says "You shouldn't have come here" and then draws a sword on the Warframe there. 

Beyond that, we'll probably get a handful of new weapons, probably some cosmetics, and some other unforeseen things that DE hasn't shown off yet. 

You forgot "you've ruined us both." He's drawing his sword to protect you, since at that point his cover is blown.