Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[TWW] Faction Invasion Changes Feedback

[DE]Danielle

On 11/18/2016 at 11:39 AM, SnuggleBuckets said:

Nice to see Phobos having a faction invasion, was a little worried with how overrepresented Sedna was here for most of the time. Am I just blind, and is there a way to find out the current mission type in the faction invasion?

You can see the mission type for Infested invasion nodes, but not for Grineer vs Corpus.

So for now I'm having to jump in to the missions solo to see what type it is, abort the mission, select the appropriate frame and loadout, and then restart it as solo or public depending on the mission type.

Please show the mission types!

On 11/20/2016 at 0:06 AM, ChuckMaverick said:

So for now I'm having to jump in to the missions solo to see what type it is, abort the mission, select the appropriate frame and loadout, and then restart it as solo or public depending on the mission type.

This would get even more frustrating when you take into account the way the mission type can suddenly change around every 15 minutes. So you went in the mission solo, found out the type of mission, aborted, geared up suitably, and during that time, as you jump back in, the mission type could have changed into something completely different without any announcement.

Edited by SnuggleBuckets

I've since decided that it's really not worth the effort for Fieldrons or Detonite Injectors, as I can get those from Infested invasions.

I'll only do Grineer vs Corpus invasions if the reward is a Wraith/Vandal component or similar, and I've seen precisely one of those since TWW launched.

Edit: Show the mission type with a countdown timer until the next change and it'll be worth doing them again, until then I think they'll complete very slowly. Which is a shame as we won't get to see what the faction construction projects do for much longer than could have been the case.

Edited by ChuckMaverick

15 hours ago, ChuckMaverick said:

I've since decided that it's really not worth the effort for Fieldrons or Detonite Injectors, as I can get those from Infested invasions.

I'll only do Grineer vs Corpus invasions if the reward is a Wraith/Vandal component or similar, and I've seen precisely one of those since TWW launched.

Edit: Show the mission type with a countdown timer until the next change and it'll be worth doing them again, until then I think they'll complete very slowly. Which is a shame as we won't get to see what the faction construction projects do for much longer than could have been the case.

That would be a very helpful addition, as I'm still not seeing the Invasion type change every 15 minutes as described. It does eventually change so maybe it's set to 15 hours or something? Won't know unless there's a timer.

Edited by CanadaDemon

• 2 weeks later...

Today we have another set of Corpus vs Grineer Invasions and finally some Wraith and Vandal weapon parts..... But guess what. I lied. There are no weapon parts. 4 days in a row.(Or more) Have you decreased the chance (25% normally) of parts being offered as reward or is RNG(J)esus not merciful with us?

Edited by AizenIchi

To recap, so far the weapon parts or other rewards than injectors or fieldrons (like catalyst or forma bps) seem really rare, still only way to find out the mission type is by jumping into the mission, and Sedna is really the most active regarding the faction invasions, corpus-vs-grineer.

To me, this seems like a bugged situation.

The rarity of weapon parts being offered as rewards is so extreme that it'll take a year for someone to complete a single gun.  If these invasion types aren't going to be locked into a minimum duration of availability, then it'd be really nice if they were a lot more frequent.  Potatoes and forma also seem very rare, though they always were.  

There's no indication on the star map when mission types are about to change.  

We'll have to wait and see what sort of rewards come from the razorback event in what's looking to be 2 more months or so...

All in all, they appear to be pretty much the same as before and provide little incentive for high MR players.  Although, the event trigger could be pretty cool.

About the weapons parts drops, it seems a bit bugged to me. The first days of the update 19 almost full Dera Vandall drop (only one part is missing), and i can remember in the weeks that follow at least 3 or 4 invasion mission with Wraith vs Vendal.

But know, it's been a week without any weapons parts... Only one invasion with Forma vs Exilus Adapter.

If needed, i'm trying to list an up to date weapons parts drops :

Edited by Kramer17

A lot of the changes are great, but the rewards for Vandal and wraith weapons are now less obtainable than when they were sortie rewards.

because in sorties, you didn't have to deal with seagulls 

please consider an alternative way of offering wraith and vandal gear, and for the love of god do not make the availability of the missions to acquire them in any way affected by the seagull-players that will invariably flock to them and complete the node in 5 seconds when they appear so infrequently already. This was why you had to shut down Dark Sector conflicts.

Maybe make them rewards for special endgame-level Perrin/Meridian Mission sets or something?

and lastly

Make the Sheev a regular weapon. it is bad.  it is mastery rank fodder. IT IS THE GRINEER EQUIVALENT OF THE PROVA. Why is it in the same rarity class as a vandal weapon? this is almost as absurd as the fact that it took you close to 20 updates to give frost his flexible coat

(I dont think the people who got the sheev through the even even wanted it. I can tell you, if I wasn't trying to collect every type of item in the game, I certainly wouldn't, but now collecting it is unnessescarily cumbersome)

Looking at poor Fomorian progress, I think a big step forward to invasion mechanic can be the removal of "defense progress" or change it to slow down the attack, not to stop it. With all this Fieldron hype we have a successful Corpus attack on Sedna, but rare Grineer attacks (3-5 after TWW update, as I remember) always fail, the only exception was the Strun Wraith vs Dera Vandal invasion.

Have to say, I'm less interested in running invasions now than I used to be under the old system. Firstly I don't ever seem to be able to play when there's something interesting on offer as a reward. I missed all but 1 or 2 of the Ludi potato farms pre-TWW because I was at work or it was 4am, and since TWW I managed only the one potato v potato (and I suspect I only got that one in because enough people were running both sides to slow down completion long enough).

Secondly, the changing mission types at unknown intervals that you have to zone into the mission to even see. HUGE turn-off. Before if I saw, say, triple capture for 2 Mutagen Mass I was alll over it. Or I wanted to get some good solid mastery fodder levelling in and there was a tiple pack of fieldron on offer for a triple defence - I'd grab clanmates also looking for some levelling fodder and blow through those. But now it's a total random unknown? I zone in, go 'ugh it's an interception that's 99% Napalms. no.' go and do something less akin to an unanaesthatised root canal and end up missing the node flipping to something I find more interesting and fun like a sabo or a capture. End result: I don't do the invasion unless it's the once-in-a-planetary-alignment non-fieldron/detonite/mutagen reward.

tl;dr The issue is more about no information being given about mission type and length of time until it changes over. Majorly offputting.

Edited by Zendadaist

Considering they're rarer than the best prime parts and often not competitive with them aside from very few exceptions, Vandal and Wraith weapons are merely mastery fodder for higher MR players to get that last MR rank.

It's pretty ridiculous that they're now even rarer than they were back when they were a sortie reward.  I have no interest in actually using any of these weapons with the exception of the Imperator Vandal.

Edited by PhoenixFury

My honest feedback is that the Invasion system still isn't exciting or novel, because despite the name, these missions don't feel like invasions. They are the same missions we've been playing, just with different rewards and consequences. The problem with Invasions wasn't just the impact; it was the missions themselves. They weren't actually fresh.

I'm curious as to why successful invasions lead to a node only being occupied for only 24 hours.

One of the major things that excited me back when they were first introduced in the Gradivus Dilemma was that we could as a playerbase make some decisions about which enemies would occupy certain nodes. I realise we've somewhat gained in this department with the Fomorian / Razorback countdowns, but I really felt like invasions were more high impact when it was a dynamic world sort of thing. I would have liked if it was taken to the extent of something like Infestation outbreaks being capable of wresting control of nodes (although I understand why this isn't done), maybe with the infestation having their own (Juggernaut Behemoth?) equivalent to the Fomorian / Razorback counters, albeit I'm not sure quite how that could be done.

They really need to increase the rate of these invasions. We had 3 or 4 in the whole month TWW is out and each for different weapons (only Dera appearing two times, but Dera also already had 2 sortie seasons). At this rate, you'll need at least a year to get any complete weapon from invasions due to not being always online.

On 12-11-2016 at 5:09 AM, [DE]Danielle said:

Prior Sortie Season Vandal and Wraith rewards can now be offered as invasion rewards by the respective faction

Well its 14 December now and i did not see any wraith or vandal parts ?? whats the deal Devs Still waiting on my parts of Latron wraith

pls revisit the reward system on this vandal and wraith 

not gonna w8 months for this :( got more to do in real life you know

TL;DR: You are literally better off waiting for a Wraith weapon to appear in an event or tactical alert than you are trying to collect its parts from the current invasion system.

Numbers:

TWW was released 32 days ago.  In that time there have been 36 Corpus vs. Grineer invasions.  Exactly 4 of those had wraith/vandal parts as rewards:  one on the 15th, two on the 21st, and the last on the 23rd.  It's been 20 days since one has appeared, which is more than half the time that the new invasion system has existed.

Irregularity of the schedule aside, let's assume that the average holds and we get one of these every 8 days, and let's assume that parts for each invasion are chosen randomly.  Under these assumptions, your prospects for actually completing a set from this system are grim.  On the Corpus side there are only two Vandal weapons that you can't get through Baro/Fomorians (not counting Braton V and Lato V).  But on the Grineer side there are six such Wraith weapons (assuming Baro will eventually bring Furax Waith).  That's 24 possible parts, where completing any given weapon requires four specific parts.

If you are trying to acquire a particular Wraith weapon under this system then you have about a 54% chance of accomplishing that after a full year, and that assumes you are able to participate in every invasion.  Your chances after two years are about 92%.  They might as well not even bother, and just have Wraith weapons come back occasionally as event and tac alert rewards like before.

So what's wrong?

In Update 19.0.6 it was stated that the chance was increased from 15% to 25%, but so far we have only seen 11% weapon part invasions.  Is someone's math wrong, or are we getting collectively trolled by RNG?  

Also, the Fieldron/Detonite invasions are taking way too long to complete.  The most recent one took almost 65 hours.  The fact that weapon part invasions will always complete much more quickly only makes them seem more rare than the 4/36 count would imply.  I think most people who can run them are already up to their eyeballs in Fieldrons and Detonite Injectors.  Either reduce their time or add some other more desirable rewards like Kuva, Oxium, or Nitain packs.  We need faster turnover of invasions if the rarity of weapon parts is not going to change.