Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TWW : Riven impossible to unveil

Olan316

Question

So I've completed War Within, and got the Riven i've got seem impossible to unveil. It requires me to kill 6 sentients without getting Status effects. Now, this seems simple enough except THERE ARE NO LEVELS WITH 6 sentients on it!!! I've tried to repeat the same mission killing them one at a time, but the mod just resets it's count to 0 at the end of the mission. Is this a bug or are we really expected to kill 6 of those things in one go?

25 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, AutoPhox said:

scan a simaris target without using traps, powers, nor taking any damage while having the hobbled key equipped....

yup

Ill get right on that

I had the same challenge. turned out to be a Snipetron mod. i had traded 4 riven mods i couldn't use over to people who could before that for their unidentified one, i'm wondering how long i will have to wait for a riven mod it will be possible for me to use.

45 minutes ago, Olan316 said:

I've tried to repeat the same mission killing them one at a time, but the mod just resets it's count to 0 at the end of the mission.

I can't be sure but I think they are supposed to carry over between missions, if so yours is currently bugged.  We can only wait for the inevitable hotfixes next week to see for sure.

53 minutes ago, Olan316 said:

So I've completed War Within, and got the Riven i've got seem impossible to unveil. It requires me to kill 6 sentients without getting Status effects. Now, this seems simple enough except THERE ARE NO LEVELS WITH 6 sentients on it!!! I've tried to repeat the same mission killing them one at a time, but the mod just resets it's count to 0 at the end of the mission. Is this a bug or are we really expected to kill 6 of those things in one go?

It doesn't have to be in the same mission, as far as I know. I got "Kill 6 Sentients" and did 3 Lua Exterminates

37 minutes ago, Dreddeth said:

"Solo an Interception with Level 30 enemies with a Hobbled Key equipped."

As far as I know, only max-range Chaos Nyx and maybe Razorwing Titania are actually capable of that.

I did it with Trinity, you just need to know how to cheese the system

8 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Congratulations, you have just summed up one of the most glaring issues with riven challenges.

Why is it an issue, The stats and mod I got wasn't good. Why should players that have played for a while and know some tricks not be ahead of the game?

4 minutes ago, theCruzader said:

If someone wrote up a guide on how to perform these tricks or made a video it would mean someone at some point was in fact "clever." so i'm not seeing why you're upset. 

I'm not seeing why you're so upset. I on the other hand am: it seems informing you of the existence of the internet, while then moving onto explain why it's crappy flawed game design, built around people wanting to feel 'clever' rather than being actually 'clever.'

*clever in this context might be better appreciated as proficient/talented.

The requirements should be able to be skillfully/cleverly completed, by players. Players using hmmmm skills. And not cheeses. This is a game after all.

And this is endgame content, sooooo 

But sure you cheese it, oh and defend cheesing as well...  as being 'experienced.'

not upset, more puzzled.

1 hour ago, StabbyTentacles said:

But sure you cheese it, oh and defend cheesing as well...  as being 'experienced.'

Why is any trick that allows you to do something otherwise difficult automatically cheese?

People are so quick to condemn anything that makes something more useful "cheese." If it's not just running and shooting normally, it's always called cheese.

19 hours ago, Azrael said:

Why is any trick that allows you to do something otherwise difficult automatically cheese?

People are so quick to condemn anything that makes something more useful "cheese." If it's not just running and shooting normally, it's always called cheese.

I'm not.

'any trick' is fine but I'm questioning a game that says cheesing is endgame.

The requirements should be able to be skillfully/cleverly completed, by players.

Questioning, guess questioning is entitled?  

4 minutes ago, FollowTheFaceless said:

"Kill 17 mobs in a row while clinging on a wall or wall latching without touching the floor without raising alarms"

Is this NONSENSE even possible?

PS: I think we need a challenge reroll option.

Loki can Wall Latch for 50 seconds due to his passive. You can extend it even longer with mods.

Just now, Inarticulate said:

Loki can Wall Latch for 50 seconds due to his passive. You can extend it even longer with mods.

I know, BUT where i can find that bunch of mobs at the same time and kill them without causing panic? Cause any mission, that have possibility to get alarms raised never have so much mobs in one place.