Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why do we must press button to pick up stars and syndicate medallions?

Atekron

The entire point behind the stars and medallions are to force you to look around and find them, to reward exploration.

Being able to run through a level and just auto-vacuum all of them within 12 meters utterly defeats the entire purpose that they exist.

They were added in as a way to reward exploration, not just be an automatic thing you get without even thinking. They are supposed to take a tiny amount of effort to gather up.

11 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

The entire point behind the stars and medallions are to force you to look around and find them, to reward exploration.

Being able to run through a level and just auto-vacuum all of them within 12 meters utterly defeats the entire purpose that they exist.

They were added in as a way to reward exploration, not just be an automatic thing you get without even thinking. They are supposed to take a tiny amount of effort to gather up.

Ok, exploration, I'll take it. But it's so inconsistent with other loot, and contrary to medalions I don't explore map to find stars, I treat them like over loot and sometimes I'm too lazy to backtrack and pick them.

Edited by Atekron

57 minutes ago, Misgenesis said:

Geez, why dont we make Vacuum work on enemies as well so you dont have to click and shoot anymore.

I really dont understand why picking things up manually is fine in other games but not in Warframe.

Vacuum kind of do that - shoots enemy, and because most things don't require to pick them manually, except those special items, consistency you know.

I understand using a button for sculptures and medallions. But stars? It's not like it's hard to see one once you find it. The marker that pops up wherever you are in the mission makes them incredibly easy once you break a container with one. They shouldn't need a button, just zap in for me. (Not to mention that sometimes the game refuses to let me pick up data masses/stars so I sit there hoping the "press Square" appears sooner or later.)

Edited by (PS4)Stanicek3