Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt VS Valkyr VS Nekros

Nimeo100

Question

With valkyr prime on the rise and volt prime and nekros prime not coming out to long ago. I'm Guessing I only have enough plat for one of the 3. Im deciding factor is fun and Usefulnes. Also I would like to know what are great weapon with  the warframe. Hope fully you guys can help me out with this 

Edited by Nimeo100

19 answers to this question

They're all completely different Frames which serve different roles. Volt is primarily a crowd control/damage-over-time Frame. Valkyr is a tank/DPS, with a bit of support. Nekros is a pure support. As for weapons, none of 'em really need particular weapons, although Valkyr does benefit from having a melee equipped.

Actually, Volt is completely dependent on it's weapons. With the shield, it's a powerful ranged fighter. With the speed, it becomes a powerful melee fighter. I like to use a combination of the two. 

Indeed, when I think about how long he can sustain those abilities with what it has, Volt has pretty much the biggest damage output of them all, if used with the correct gear. More so, the Shield is a perfect defensive power with endless HP, as nothing is able to pass through it, not even AoE, unlike with something like Frost's Globe.

Because they're so different, I'd suggest going by with which do you want more? If you have all 3 of the base warframes, which do you enjoy more? Valkitty Prime is gunna be super expensive when she comes out, so if you're looking to save plat, focus on the other two. With that in mind, Volt Prime and Nekros Prime are two totally different frames. Which you pick is gunna be more on what you prefer.

Myself... I like Volt Prime with his #4 augment that causes all enemies hit to act as tesla coils and shock other enemies (stunning all) and giving you overshields to you and your team. Plus, he's useful for buffing your team with Speed.

But, again, which do you prefer? Go with that one.

They are all equally as fun, in their own way.

Volt, as everyone has said, will make you into the flash/sonic.  So much sped.

Valkyr, same thing with warcry, plus the armor bonus from it, and her already crazy high armor value.  Tank all the things.

Nekros, you're a grim reaper who practices necromancy.  nuff said.

I know, it's hard.  so go for them all, just buy volt first as he's cheapest, then get the others.  OR, just farm for the regular versions first, then pick you're poison.

1 hour ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Actually, Volt is completely dependent on it's weapons. With the shield, it's a powerful ranged fighter. With the speed, it becomes a powerful melee fighter. I like to use a combination of the two. 

Indeed, when I think about how long he can sustain those abilities with what it has, Volt has pretty much the biggest damage output of them all, if used with the correct gear. More so, the Shield is a perfect defensive power with endless HP, as nothing is able to pass through it, not even AoE, unlike with something like Frost's Globe.

This is my biggest draw to play Volt, his versatility and ability to use whatever weapons you like, and well. I've always felt Volt's description does him a disservice "...a potent alternative to gunplay" should be "...a potent augment to gunplay." Lots of Frames kill enemies with their powers instead of weapons. Volt uses his powers to kill with his weapons.  Volt is truly the Battlemage Frame. 

3 hours ago, Nimeo100 said:

Does volt stack into "End Game" Or does valkyr do that better

Depends on what you consider "End Game Content." If you are thinking meta farms, neither of them fit. If you are thinking Raids, Valkyr has the role of "invulnerable resser."

If you are thinking Sorties, high end Fissure runs, and endless endless missions, Valkyr doesn't bring much to the team aside from self-sufficiency and the ability to res people while downed. Sometimes not being a liability is the same as being an asset.

Volt brings crowd control that continues to stack up, an impenetrable shield that doubles critical strike damage, and move, melee, and reload speed buffs.Not to mention the shock trooper buff. Basically, Volt can make himself and his allies stronger, Valkyr primarily just stays immune and kills things. Both can be useful in different situations.

I should note, Nekros, when built right, can bring scaling DPS to high level missions through his Shadows of the Dead, and combined with mods like shield of shadows, health conversion, and despoil, can be a nearly unkillable tank. And through desecrate, Nekros brings life support and power cores to survival and excavation, as well as just helping with loot drops in general. There's basically that one build using all the weird mods: Health Conversion, Shield of Shadows, Despoil, Equilibrium, and then good str and duration, that is essentially the Unstoppable Tankromancer.

Edited by Gelkor

• Volt is a Jack-of-all trades frame with good CC. He is a mage type frame with stats that make him squishy. But he can usually be regarded a mage Swiss Army frame because he more or less has an ability for nearly every situation but stealth. His kit and stats generally lean him towards gunplay (and perhaps ability-play).
  • Valkyr is one of the best, if not the best, tank in the game, and has a kit custom made to make her the preeminent melee frame. Her kit makes her a very active frame.
  • Nekros is a farmer who picked up a book on necromancy. Aside from be THE farming frame, he is your typical necromancer who also provides some CC by terrifying the living with the stench of his armpits (not really, but the animation looks like it).

In terms of usefulness... they are all pretty useful. Farming is very important to the game, making Nekros a good one to have. Valkyr is a freaking tank, nuff said. And Volt is more or less like duct-tape, and can do a pretty decent (but not perfect) job at most roles including point/objective defense.

In terms of fun... I'd have to say either Valkyr or Volt, with Valkyr coming out on top because being an invincible punch-cat is never boring and she is very agile, whereas Volt is just fast. Valkyr is also great for stress relief. Even for me (who has mains Volt), Volt's gameplay can get a bit boring.

At the end of the day it really comes down to what playstyle and utility you want.

Keep in mind, Volt is my main so I am a bit biased. 

3 hours ago, Nimeo100 said:

They are both two different situations and it of course highly depends what you consider end-game.

Valkyr does a decent job solo but isn't very useful to a group unless they're all melee. With Arcane Energize x10 she can solo around lvl 300-320 but without that very expensive piece of equipment she doesn't go much past where Volt can go. She's just easier to play.

Volt is a lot more valuable to a group and is viable in a group far beyond lvl 300+, this isn't to say he doesn't do well solo. It's just not as cut and dry as Valkyr. Volt  has about 4 build options to choose from, Group buff, Solo, Speed run, Mass CC. Valky has 2 builds, 3 if you have Arcanes.

27 minutes ago, Insizer said:
  • Valkyr is one of the best, if not the best, tank in the game, and has a kit custom made to make her the preeminent melee frame. Her kit makes her a very active frame.

Chroma, Mesa, Nekros, Rhino, Wukong  all do a better job of taking damage while not being restricted to melee actions. With an abundance of healing options these days, Hysteria's heal is kinda redundant. Hell Rhino's Iron Skin is just about an instant 30k Heal every time you use it.

Her Warcry buff needs to be Multiplicative, then she'd be in better shape.

8 hours ago, Nimeo100 said:

With valkyr prime on the rise and volt prime and nekros prime not coming out to long ago. I'm Guessing I only have enough plat for one of the 3. Im deciding factor is fun and Usefulnes. Also I would like to know what are great weapon with  the warframe. Hope fully you guys can help me out with this 

Valkyr is a quintessential dps-tank-survival frame, despite her berserker trappings.

If you like the very linear, straight forward invincible-power-fantasy style of play, she's your choice.

I found her supremely effective and somewhat boring.

Nekros is a farm frame...farm dead bodies to fight for you.  Farm dead bodies for resources...make some enemies run away scared.

Some players LOVE his niche.  I love his look but not my playstyle.

Volt is a utility frame with the broadest range in terms of adaptive playstyles.  A 250 range, 80 intensity discharge-lockdown-anti-armor volt plays like an entirely different experience compared to a 220 power strength   Naramon Speed-melee-meth-volt which is entirely different than a  Zenurik 200 duration, turret-shields-ranged sniper volt.

His knock is jack-of-all trades, master of none with limited end-game survivability/usefulness due to armor.

He can require more skill but is still end-game viable; my favorite frame and his Prime is a HUGE difference maker vs standard.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

5 hours ago, Nimeo100 said:

Like I've said, if you want efficient, linear "do-damage, survive-damage, lowest common denominator/ease-of-use" then you want Valkyr.  

I've run my high-end melee Volt with a clan-mate running his high-end Valkyr in the Event with the GIANT original Juggernaught and he had to revive me 4-5 times and I revived him once.  600 armor on Valk is ridiculous.

Mind you he's had a rework and I'm waaay more skilled now, but you get the point.

If you are a newer player you will appreciate Valk's ease with progression...a lot of vets line how fun Volt's skill set is.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73