Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are the chances of Primed Chamber making a return?

(PSN)Kazaroosue

Question

14 answers to this question

depends if you use it or not.

They didn't said it was not comming back but never mentionend if it is when its gonna be.

You might want to unleash an angry giant bird at sheldon to get one.

PS: dont do that its just a joke i dont want sheldon to be angry at me for the idea.

Edited by trunks013

43 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Moved to Players Helping Players subforum.

I think that's your answer @(PS4)Kazaroosue, ironically enough. I read that as "no plans", lol. But Yeah, Primed Chamber has been around a long time, I think I remember Steve saying he likes that there are still "rare collectors mods" in circulation.

Edited by Skaleek

If you have it keep it, there are only about 100 of them in circulation now.

Still don't know why people shell out tens of thousands of platinum for a mod that would only work well on the Vectis. When you have so many better combinations now that Rivens have been introduced.

*sigh*

People will be people I suppose.

The last one I saw went for 40k plat back in May.

DE still gives them away a couple or few times a year, it doesn't stop the price from going up.

And would continue to climb even if DE released the Primed Charged Chamber that was leaked via codex a year and a half ago.

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG
May, not June.

Simple, if you are a collector or you love snipers, keep it.

If not, sell it, people are willing to spend absurd amounts of cash on that thing.

I don't believe it will change much in price, and even if it does, I would allready feel bad taking the 500$-2000$(depending on discount) people are willing to spend on it now.

Primed Chamber is not a secure investment in value.

I've had the capacity to own one for years, can even buy one now but it's simply not a safe investment.

Plat will always be a secure investment since it's the cash currency. Whenever it goes to high from inflation it is reduced on purpose. ie, Void 2.0 and an over abundance of Endo. DE will never allow plat to falter in value. Primed Chamber does not have that luxury.

I often think the only reason Primed Chamber is worth as much as it has been is because market farmers trade it to other market farmers who in turn inflate the price in an endless circle for a mod that really isn't very good. They will likely never introduce it as a normal drop since DE likes to use it as special gift but it could very well loose any game value from the addition of new mods and even a revamp to the damage system.

Back when Primed Chamber was introduced on PC in mid 2013 I believe, there weren't many mod selections as we do now so I guess it was good back then.  However as others above have pointed out, there're much much better and wider selection of mods now that make Primed Chamber seem pretty tame and not even worth a slot on snipers.

I personally was lucky enough to pay some sum of plat years back to get one from a PC player who migrated to PS4.  I'm now just holding onto it for collection sake and don't even bother using it on my Vectis Prime.  I'll probably sell it at some point and use the plat to buy better Riven mods. :)