The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Status is God (New Mods)

Kothophed

1f5rmjA.jpg

Sooo... Condition Overload, Healing Return, Drifting contact and some elementals on a Lesion?  New endgame much? Even Inviscrit cheese may end up bowing to these on anything but the most draw out eternal missions.  Not to mention the slash one... as if slash melee needed more prominence. (Seriously, Impact & Puncture need some love)

Edited by Kothophed

1 minute ago, Misgenesis said:

Bandaids but ill take it. These mods are going to buff status, yes, but they buff criticals at the same time.

Im having a hard time understanding what ''+100% combo chance'' means.

Every bleed status tick will add to the combo counter.

Edited by maj.death

Just now, Misgenesis said:

Bandaids but ill take it. These mods are going to buff status, yes, but they buff criticals at the same time.

From my interpretation, each time the (already applied) slash proc ticks on a target (damages them), it'll give you +1 to your combo counter. If it works like that, it could be an interesting mod for sure.

Im not sure about these mods. Condition Overload will stack with Primed Preasure Point, so its questionable if a weapon modded for status will compensate the loss in damage with that mod. Healing Return will fit nicely with a status weapon, but the health returned is relatively low and adding it will result in a loss of damage. Only Frame i see this one being usefull at is Chroma as 11 HP turn into alot more for him.

39 minutes ago, Deadroy97 said:

From my interpretation, each time the (already applied) slash proc ticks on a target (damages them), it'll give you +1 to your combo counter. If it works like that, it could be an interesting mod for sure.

yup... however it works with melee applied slash procs only... telos boltlace anyone?

44 minutes ago, Misgenesis said:

I doubt it, blood rush builds are already too packed to justify these mods

So, i tested out the Reinforcing Stomp augment and I gotta say I'm not impressed in the least.  Iron Shrapnel lets you recast a full health shield at any time, for way less than the cost of a stomp.  The reinforcement is a fixed amount, affected by power strength.  It doesn't scale with Rhinos ability to get 50-100K iron skin health.  It also doesn't add health to a shield that's already at 100% hp, making it useless for low strength builds that focus on stomp to begin with.

2 hours ago, TheDefenestrater said:

So, i tested out the Reinforcing Stomp augment and I gotta say I'm not impressed in the least.  Iron Shrapnel lets you recast a full health shield at any time, for way less than the cost of a stomp.  The reinforcement is a fixed amount, affected by power strength.  It doesn't scale with Rhinos ability to get 50-100K iron skin health.  It also doesn't add health to a shield that's already at 100% hp, making it useless for low strength builds that focus on stomp to begin with.

Except that reinforcing stomp doesn't cause you a moment of vulnerability with no armor.

I'm using it and with a fully specc'd iron skin build I'm having a lot of fun with it.

4 hours ago, Dragazer said:

I doubt it, blood rush builds are already too packed to justify these mods

Yep. I'd love to slap Relentless Combination and a Status mod (e.g. Weeping Wounds) onto my Atterax, but there just isn't enough room on there because of all the (more-important) crit mods in the way.

On the plus side, Atterax is now more powerful than ever for people who don't enjoy abusing the Maiming Strike + Blood Rush glitch.

Edited by SortaRandom

Sooo... Does that healing mod works right when a status procs or after it?

Because if not then you'll pretty much have to build your melee for pure status and not kill stuff. And considering that you can oneshot things up to Sortie 3 level with melee and the fact that the mod is a 10-rank D polarity mod with 16 cost the mod might not be as good as you think.

Hope I'm wrong though. Healing on quick melee sounds amazing.

My first thoughts:

Condition Overload - could be used by Saryn due to her spreading toxin + viral procs, which would make that what, 2x60% = 120% dmg? Will require Naramon invisibility for high levels cause she will otherwise be annihilated in melee.

Guardian Derision - could be used to help protect defence targets, however there are much better ways to do it, so it's a very situational mod for ppl who like to melee only. But generally - a waste of slot.

Dispatch Overdrive - could be used for speedrunning missions on top of a rush mod. Very situational. Generally - waste of slot.

Enduring Affliction, Relentless Combination - interesting idea, too bad that there's little to no time for them to work in most cases since everything is dying almost instantly anyway. Relentless Combination would probably be nice at levels 100+, but hardly anyone plays endless missions up to those levels now and certainly not to run around with a melee weapon.

Healing Return - Most enemies are killed in 1 hit after you drive up the combo a bit, unless the status is applied before they count as killed using this mod is pointless.  Could arguably be used on Saryn but idk, Life Strike just seems better anyway cause it will replenish all your health in 1 hit for a measly amount of energy. Maybe if it replenished 11% of your total health...

Edited by frohdoe

8 hours ago, Deadroy97 said:

Curious if this synergizes with Ash's BS procs 

my main concern is that I'm seeing a recurring them with Hydroids new augment: back before Phoenix Renewal was released for Oberon, people were asking in droves for him to be reworked next, but instead DE released that augment and haven't looked at him since. I'm worried they'll do the same with hydroid; release the aug, then pretend he's fine, when I'd say he's second only to limbo in terms of needing a rework.

otherwise these mods look VERY interesting, especially for 100% status weapons like Lacera and Caustacyst.

2 hours ago, frohdoe said:

Will require Naramon invisibility for high levels cause she will otherwise be annihilated in melee.

not when you have Regenerative Molt ;)

19 minutes ago, ArionLightning said:

Relentless Combination is a HUGE BUFF for telos boltace.

So if you were to one shot an enemy with a sliding attack would it first apply the slash proc, increase the melee counter then apply the damage -> enemy is killed and you basically get the counter equal 2 hits x Number of Enemies? If so, then yes, would be cool, but if not, then it's not much use, cause you will be oneshotting most enemies anyway

2 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

not when you have Regenerative Molt ;)

She's still not beefy enough to go melee. Even if channeling Life Strike all the time you will often get annihilated by a flamethrower or oneshot by a rocket or just killed very quickly by a crowd of lesser enemies. And if you can't keep up with LS you definitely can't do it with Regen Molt.

RE: Saryn + Healing Return

If you use Toxic Lash, your Melee automatically triggers Toxin Procs. Does anybody know if this triggers Healing Return? If yes, you could quickly restore your health when attacking mobs with a Lacera, or basically anything that multihits. That would increase her tankyness a lot.