Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are the Aksomati really that bad?

(PSN)Coyote_x_Starrk

Question

I have been wanting the Akstilleto Prime because I have used the Lex Prime for SOOOOOO long I wanted a change and the dual machine pistols is just a fun alternative to what I have been using. 

BUT 

I didn't feel like spending 90-120p for a secondary weapon. 

So I went through my codex looks for alternatives and I saw the Aksomati and on paper I though they looked pretty great 

-Good crit chance 

- Puncture and slash damage is decent 

- Big clip size 

- Easy to maintain control of while shooting

So I made the Akstilleto and got it to 30 for the MR and then used it to make the Aksomati. I have enjoyed using them and they really do just feel like the Soma in pistol form and I LOVE my Soma Prime, but I recently have been using the Sancti Tigris so having the Aksomati is like having my Soma Prime in my back pocket at all times. 

Then a clanmate of mine noticed I was using them on Akkad and asked me why I was using them after the match in clan chat. I said everything I said above to him. Well him and various members of my clan started trying to tell me that I was wasting time and forma on them when I should be using them on better weapons. 

Side-by-side comparison

Aksomati:

Normal Attacks
Impact w.pngImpact 1.8
Puncture w.pngPuncture 7.2
Slash w.pngSlash 9.0
Crit Chance 20.0%

Akstilleto Prime:

Normal Attacks
Impact w.pngImpact 21.6
Puncture w.pngPuncture 3.6
Slash w.pngSlash 10.8
Crit Chance 15.0%

Akstilleto Prime is more of a status sprayer, while Aksomati relies heavily on crits. I'd say it's used less because most people clamor on and on about 'Prime' weapons more than the Aksomati itself.

Purge them for having a disgusted taste towards the beautiful space Uzi, you can even tell them that the local drunk A.I. told you so...

Critical proc them in dojo pvp left and right until they cower in fear from your spray and pray, because you know what? YOU GOT A MINI FUDGE RUCKING SOMA IN YOUR POCKET, IS THAT A SOMA IN THERE OR ARE YOU GOING TO USE STATUS ON ME?

WHEN AKSOMATI PRIME COMES OUT, LAUGH AT THEM BECAUSE THEY'LL RUN FOR IT!

Aksomati are actually really decent secondaries. DPS wise it's actually possible for them to out DPS the Akstiletto, but the Akstiletto has better ammo efficiency and it's higher status and quicker reload means it's better overall, and it's high status means shredding armor or proccing viral = technically more DPS. That being said, the Aksomati are still solid weapons and the difference between them isn't that huge so use whatever you like.

If you don't want to spend the time or plat to get the Akstiletto Prime, I think the Aksomati are a good alternative. They'll probably need more Forma than the Akstiletto Ps, but they're still good. And as others have said, if you like them and they work well for you, that's what really matters.

Thanks guys! 

3 minutes ago, TESTAMENTEXE said:

Purge them for having a disgusted taste towards the beautiful space Uzi, you can even tell them that the local drunk A.I. told you so...

Critical proc them in dojo pvp left and right until they cower in fear from your spray and pray, because you know what? YOU GOT A MINI FUDGE RUCKING SOMA IN YOUR POCKET, IS THAT A SOMA IN THERE OR ARE YOU GOING TO USE STATUS ON ME?

WHEN AKSOMATI PRIME COMES OUT, LAUGH AT THEM BECAUSE THEY'LL RUN FOR IT!

This is amazing lol 

They aren't bad. If you get ahold of the prime mods for critical chance, Crit damage & the prime heated mod. They turn into beasts. Besides. You like em. You can put forma into whatever you like. I personally use forma on low tier weapons. Just because I like em & they are different from my usual loadout. Keeps gameplay alive for me every so often.

They are okay

Akstilleto prime does better with same crit build and 1 less forma

and bullet for bullet Akstilleto prime does more damage, and it can shred armor

that's all I use my akstilleto prime for, most of the time I just use my Brakk

I don't use a lot of dual pistols but my husband does.  Before Akstiletto Prime, Aksomati was his go to dual pistols.  Of course he had to throw in a Catalyst and a bunch of Formas to turn it into a beast, but he liked it because it is fun, looks great, and strong.  Akstiletto Prime eclipses Aksomati now, but Aksomati is fine with the right build and time investment.   I don't think you would go wrong playing with it, and it's a perfectly fine alternative to Akstiletto Prime (and with the bonus of no farming needed for its parts). The game is easy enough that you don't need to min-max or use OP weapons all the time anyway.   As long as you like the weapon and you're good at using it, don't worry about the nay sayers. 

Edited by xiaodenden

Aksomati shines in 2 situations. The first is one where crits are boosted, so if you use Mutalist Quanta or Vold't shield, they'll be good. The other is when dealing with unarmored enemies. No need for corrosive or slash procs makes them great. If you're in neither situation, I recommend Akstiletto Prime.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Coyote_x_Starrk said:

Short answer: no, it's actually a good weapon

Long answer: it requires a lot of forma and several primed mods to make it shine. You're right in thinking it's the store-bought version of Akstiletto Prime. Compared to all the non-prime dual machine guns, Aksomati is at the top for me. The only downside is it's badly outgunned by Akstiletto Prime. It's still a very stylish weapon and the reload animation is damn badass looking. I wish my Akstiletto Prime looks like the Aksomati.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Coyote_x_Starrk said:

I have been wanting the Akstilleto Prime because I have used the Lex Prime for SOOOOOO long I wanted a change and the dual machine pistols is just a fun alternative to what I have been using. 

BUT 

I didn't feel like spending 90-120p for a secondary weapon. 

So I went through my codex looks for alternatives and I saw the Aksomati and on paper I though they looked pretty great 

-Good crit chance 

- Puncture and slash damage is decent 

- Big clip size 

- Easy to maintain control of while shooting

So I made the Akstilleto and got it to 30 for the MR and then used it to make the Aksomati. I have enjoyed using them and they really do just feel like the Soma in pistol form and I LOVE my Soma Prime, but I recently have been using the Sancti Tigris so having the Aksomati is like having my Soma Prime in my back pocket at all times. 

Then a clanmate of mine noticed I was using them on Akkad and asked me why I was using them after the match in clan chat. I said everything I said above to him. Well him and various members of my clan started trying to tell me that I was wasting time and forma on them when I should be using them on better weapons. 

Try Twingraks.

I prefer Aksomati on my Mesa loadout. Since Mesa's Peacemaker is inclined to crit build, with Aksomati I have same modset both for secondary and Ult. Aksomati have crit multiplier=3 - best overall secondary, so all u need is just to improve crit stats as far as u can.

Edited by antiquadr

Aksomatis are dope, they are my favorite pistol (excpet maaaybe the Lex Prime, but that's apples to oranges). I will still take Soma if I absolutely need to rely on a rapid-fire option, but the Somatis are good for when I have another primary in mind and need to cover my bases, or I'll even use them as my main weapon and play toward pistols for some missions. And if you have the mods for them, they can hold their own up until the enemies get too beefy for the entire crit-reliant Soma line. Of course, a full-Crit build will serve you well, ideally with the two 60/60 element mods that give you the optimal damage type for the faction you're fighting. I find great use playing these at the mid-range with Hydraulic Crosshairs to take maximum advantage of their critical hits. I've been trying to work a benefit to damage with Hollow Point, but I can't seem to do more than break even in DPS.

But yeah, these pistols are rad. Definitely a good cheap alternative to the Akstiletto Prime.

EDIT: Plus damn, they're so good looking! I love me them shiny metal wings on the muzzles.

Edited by SenorClipClop
Had to mention FashionFrame.

The Aksomati have a crippling 5% status chance, which means that it doesn't scale well as enemies increase in level.

It's more than enough to clear the star chart, but without the ability to proc elemental effects such as corrosive, the Aksomati struggles to eliminate armored or heavily shielded units at a sortie level.

The Aksomati's high rate of fire also makes it ammo inefficient, making it a poor choice for long endless missions.