The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reactant, Is here Pac-Man or Warframe?

str4dlin

Yesterday, we were talking some friends about new void relic mechanics.

We concluded the true there are many fails that does it annoying.

For me, the problem is that we have the same objetive (pick up 10 reactants) and doesn't matter wich mission you are doing. 

For example, sometimes you have not time (5 minutes) to pick up reactants on survival (you or another mate) because rifts spawn far away or whatever.

Excavations are horrible when you can't activate the excavator until all the team have collected 10. Or if you go with a random team. you need run as crazy because you don't know if someone is gonna activate the excavator. And the fail when every 200 cryotic your reactants are reset. I can't understand it. Tottally no sense for me.

One day I have join late to Exterminate and going from the begining to the end of the map 3 times I have found only 9 reactants. And my team waiting for me and other guy. For luck they have wait but they mustn't.

I give an illustration of how we feel now when we are farming.

1435252624773.jpg

I think  it is more pac-man than warframe nowadays.

Those 2 examples I have given I think we all have suffer. I think DE should adapt reactant to each type of mission. Doing that reactants always being picked up if you follow the trail of the mission as normal. 
Or doing that reactants that 1 member of the team take, goes for all the rest of the team people. I find this method unfinished and annoying sometimes. And it is forcing people to do easiest stuff for farming. Not talking yet of what useless and annoying is now to do survival missions for 40-60 minutes, that many people were what enjoying the most. 

What you think about?

Edited by str4dlin

It feels pretty pac-many. And I hate the panic of trying to get the reactant in a exterminate mission. (Joining a random where there are only 5 enemies left...) The reactant introduces more panic than progress for me. But, I still love this new system though. I'm not backing off that thought.

Some tweaking to the drop-rate would be nice. As for what's most annoying, it would be the incessant reminders from Lotus to pick them up.

Hey, a rift.

They drop reactants.

You sure you can handle reactants?

You need more reactants.

Don't forget the reactants.

Geez spacemom, we get it. Pick up the shinies, get loots, alright already!

24 minutes ago, Smilomaniac said:

Some tweaking to the drop-rate would be nice. As for what's most annoying, it would be the incessant reminders from Lotus to pick them up.

Hey, a rift.

They drop reactants.

You sure you can handle reactants?

You need more reactants.

Don't forget the reactants.

Geez spacemom, we get it. Pick up the shinies, get loots, alright already!

"You're going to need more reactant if you want to open up that relic." - I hate this one the most, it's so naggy.

These quotes would be somewhat more helpful if they didn't just spam you with all of them in the first 2 mins of the mission...

Edited by Reidmaster

58 minutes ago, Reidmaster said:

"You're going to need more reactant if you want to open up that relic." - I hate this one the most, it's so naggy.

These quotes would be somewhat more helpful if they didn't just spam you with all of them in the first 2 mins of the mission...

First 2 minutes of the mission?  I WISH!  Have you done an endless fissure?  Every 5 minutes it's the same freaking thing!  It comes even faster if you're doing excavation and your team is proficient.  She just doesn't shut up!

MAYBE they should put in a triggered warning when you're low on reactant and the fissure cycle is about to end.  THAT would be useful and not nagging.  It could queue at t-minus 1 minute if you don't have 10, and it'd be fine.  The rest of it can be left out.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

Stick together for better reactant drops, talk to your team if you need more reactant, etc

1 hour ago, maj.death said:

Eh. Picking up reactant is fine. Only time I've ever had trouble is in survival because nobody knows what grouping is and you don't see reactant markers if you are not in the room with them.

Yea mates, but sometimes rifts spawn for the guy who decided run along the map alone. And you need guess where he was. Or you move to different life support than other guy..
Also chatting you lose time to inspect every corner :crylaugh:

I think there are ways to encourage teamwork without depending on who decides to go alone

It needs to corrupt enemies faster too.

How many of you go to a low level Fissure to get Traces and Ducat farm and cant because one of your teammates is killing them much faster than they can be corrupted with AoE  attacks? I'm looking at you, Ember.

1 minute ago, Venom-Snake said:

It needs to corrupt enemies faster too.

How many of you go to a low level Fissure to get Traces and Ducat farm and cant because one of your teammates is killing them much faster than they can be corrupted with AoE  attacks? I'm looking at you, Ember.

more likely the miragulors...  if i bring ember to a low level fissure, i casually stroll through that thing, stopping to smell flowers and pet wild kubrows with my fireballs.

The waiting for a reactant to drop so you can pick it up x10 definitely feels tedious, and I would love to have my relic insta opened when I join the mission, but realisticly DE wouldn't just make that change, The only change I see to reactants would probably be just some QoL changes so you can open the relic more conveniently.

I think the system as a whole Is decent but needs a few changes implemented into it, personally my main gripe is the RNG in trace count, nothing is worse than getting 6 traces for an Axi run.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)NoVa_Erk said:

I would remove these reactants too. they are taking away the importance from the objectives as a primary

They are not. You can collect them safely along the way to the Objective or Defending while doing those at the same time.

The problem is really the drop rate in Endless types, it feels like you wont get enough Reactant sometimes.

7 minutes ago, Venom-Snake said:

They are not. You can collect them safely along the way to the Objective or Defending while doing those at the same time.

The problem is really the drop rate in Endless types, it feels like you wont get enough Reactant sometimes.

I would preferr an optional way to collect them for more traces but not as a requirement to get a prime part

Edited by (PS4)NoVa_Erk
corections

well now that you mention it, the Reactants are yellow dots, and we get them to help unlock the prime weapons that fend off our enemies, so that kinda makes prime gear the large Pills Pac-man uses to eat the ghosts, in a way.

picking up reactants isn't that hard though, it tells you where they are, you can see how many each player has, and anyone with half a brain cell and an ounce of consideration would waypoint any surplus reactant they come across, and Corrupted and Fissures spawn until the mission is done, unless it's an Exterminate. I always make sure the whole team has their relic open before we extract, either by waypointing reactant, or telling them I've found some in squad chat. if the team don't like waiting, too bad.

1 hour ago, Thebel said:

I think the thing I hate about reactant is the loot range is so short, you have to literally walk over it instead of being like a 0.5m or 1m loot radius to pick it up. It just feels weird.

This is my only complaint in the system. Besides that I'm fine with it.

Every time I have gone to relic farm I always take care everyone has all the reactant, and usually no one has an issue to wait for someone else to crack their relic. Not saying there's more careless people running around though.

1 hour ago, ObsidianG said:

That is why I only do solo missions or with friends. Not only for prime farming but in the whole game in general.

While I also like the control that running solo gives for most content, I'd still run relics in groups because the chance to choose from others' loot more than outweighs any very occasional issues with not getting 10/10 reactant.

7 hours ago, ObsidianG said:

That is why I only do solo missions or with friends. Not only for prime farming but in the whole game in general.

It is true but it would be perfect if the reactants you collected would also count for your comrades and vice versa, for example.