Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven Mod x3 for 30 sec

Habba

Question

The challenge on the riven Mod is :" sustain 3X melee combo multiplier for 30 secs with an active pet present ".

I can´t semm to unveil this mod. I tried it atleast 10 times now. Solo or in a bigger group with sentinel/kubrow/kavat and nothing seems to work.

Does someone else has the same problem or did i do something wrong ?

I usually go in a capture mission and hit the downed target. I tried it on many different Nodes, from Mobile Defense to Survival. Nothing seems to work.

Also unequipping all mods on the sentinel doesn´t work.

Edited by Habba

15 answers to this question

You need to :
-have a pet equiped (Kavat or Kubrow)
-grow to x3 melee combo with your melee weapon in your hand.
-take your primary weapon to start the count.
-keep the x3 multiplier for 30 seconds with your primary weapon.
-take back your melee weapon after 30 seconds.

It's a bit odd but that's how I finished this challenge...

3 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

The countdown starts the moment you get 3x multiplier or higher. You dont need to switch to primary.

Easiest way to do it, go into infested survival get your melee weapon out and get the party started.

I did this challenge on the Dark Sector Survival on Sedna. Bring the pet (which is kubrow or kavat, not a sentinel) with a Valkyr modded for Eternal War Cry, an Atterax with Relentless Combination/Body Count and Drifting Contact, find a room to camp in and just start whacking infested. Takes like a minute to do if you do it right.

Steps to complete:

Step 0: Install the Riven Mod on your Primary Weapon of choice.

Step 1: Take Body Count, Drifting Contact, and Wukong. Build melee for fast strikes instead of outright killing to build combo counter.

Step 2: Deploy into any mission with very low enemies (i.e: Survival, Mobile Defense, Capture, Sabotage, any mode with unlimited enemies) but a lot of enemies.

Step 3: Reach 3x Combo Counter by damaging and killing everything that isn't you. Updated: Keep the counter at 3x for 30 seconds.

Step 4: When possible, and when the Riven says it's done, head to extraction.

Edited by Koldraxon-732
Red update text explains.

I feel you buddy. I tried today in several excavation mission against infested. Got the X3 two times but could not keep it up because ended up killing every enemy. I'm trying with Wukong because his passive keeps the counter multiplier longer, Hate for high multiplier and body count (+8seconds). The Riven is equiped in my Braton (hope the RNG gods help me get the Riven for it).
#thestruggleisreal

26 minutes ago, Habba said:

The challenge on the riven Mod is :" sustain 3X melee combo multiplier for 30 secs with an active pet present ".

Does someone else has the same problem or did i do something wrong ?

Also unequipping all mods on the sentinel doesn´t work.

Pet means kavat or kubrow. If it said sentinel you could use a sentinel. Also make sure you've got the riven equipped on something. I'd recommended body count, drifting contact and wukong to easily hold the count.

38 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

You need to :
-have a pet equiped (Kavat or Kubrow)
-grow to x3 melee combo with your melee weapon in your hand.
-keep the x3 multiplier for 30 seconds with your primary weapon.
-take back your melee weapon after 30 seconds.

It's a bit odd but that's how I finished this challenge...

Afaik you dont have to switch to primary weapon at all.  Riven "count" starts automatically when you enter the mission.  

All you have to do there is get 3x combo multiplier ( starts at 135 hits ) and sustain that (by hitting enemies constantly) for 30 seconds.  All that with your pet equipped.

Pretty easy (if you have pet that is)

Thanks, got it. Tried it just once in a MD with a kavat, got to x3 and did hold it for 30 sec but nothing happened. Didn´t try the Kavat after that. Just Rerun a capture mission and it worked. So Solo and Kavat/Kubrow or it wont work. That should be stated on the riven mod itself.