Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Should Riven Mod's be Changed?

(PSN)skip2435

So with a lot of people complaining about the way that Riven mods currently work I have to wonder, what exactly needs to be changed about them? Is there something wrong with the buffs the mods get? Is it the challenges that go with them? Or is it all the grinding to get the mods and then constantly rerolling them to get a good set of stats. With all these complaints about the challenges and the way these mods work I've seen people go as far as to say that it's ruining Warframe. So with that being said how exactly should this current system of Riven mods be fixed?

Riven mods need to be easier to get. Yes they can be god tier stuff but the chances of that are 1/1000. How many good weapons have you gotten from sorties? I've goten 2. A tonkor mod which I cashed for endo after 11 rerolls and a Soma mod thats on its 6th reroll about to have the same fate. Riven mods need to be easier to get. Like not from raids but a daily quest like clem. have it be something like. Survive 30 minutes with lvl 100 enemies and get 500 kills with no downs. You would have to work together to do that. It would be fairly easy but most people don't have the fire power to do that. Sorties also give a good chance to give them but the only problem is that with secondaries rivens coming out soon rifles are leaveing sorties as DE said. I think a pain in the butt riven mod quest everyday would be good. But would it be worth just another crappy gorgon riven?

Not at all. Really, they shouldn't be changed, at least not in the way most People want them to be changed. They are a Common Reward on Sorties now, so people are just plain unlucky if they complain about that, or just care way too much about a Mod that makes their Simulor/tonkor/Dread/Soma more OP than they already are because they don't want to be outdone by others..ego, epeen and such.

On a more serious note though, i think negative I/P/S should be cut in half. Seriously. If you have a Weapon that deals 500 Slash and has a 1.5% Status Chance, yet you roll +100% Status Chance and -100% Slash...how does that bring more unique builds as DE said? Now the Weapon can still not be used as a Status Weapon and, now, also not be used as a Slash Weapon...

13 minutes ago, jjadned said:

Riven mods need to be easier to get. Yes they can be god tier stuff but the chances of that are 1/1000. How many good weapons have you gotten from sorties? I've goten 2. A tonkor mod which I cashed for endo after 11 rerolls and a Soma mod thats on its 6th reroll about to have the same fate. Riven mods need to be easier to get. Like not from raids but a daily quest like clem. have it be something like. Survive 30 minutes with lvl 100 enemies and get 500 kills with no downs. You would have to work together to do that. It would be fairly easy but most people don't have the fire power to do that. Sorties also give a good chance to give them but the only problem is that with secondaries rivens coming out soon rifles are leaveing sorties as DE said. I think a pain in the butt riven mod quest everyday would be good. But would it be worth just another crappy gorgon riven?

I can completely agree with this I've only been able to obtain three Riven mods and I've rerolled one of them 6 times for my Amprex and I still haven't gotten a decent roll. The only god tier roll I've gotten so far was on my Vectis after 4 rolls and I was very happy to get one with both crit chance and crit damage but the only problem is that snipers aren't that great right now.

8 minutes ago, Extroah said:

They are a Common Reward on Sorties now

Yeah realy common.
Doing sorties every day:
Me: 0 Rivens
My friend: 5 Rivens (One for Tonkor)

I hate this RNG mechanics, why I'm a worst player than my friend? I'm 2 mastery ranks higher and I'm worst only because I'm unlucky of stupid RNG system. They need to make TOKEN system for sorties or make Riven mods to be obtainable from some non ONE CHANGE PER DAY RNG -_-

Edited by IfritKajiTora

2 minutes ago, IfritKajiTora said:

Yeah realy common.
Doing sorties every day:
Me: 0 Rivnes

I hate this RNG mechanics, why I'm a worst player than my friend? I'm 2 mastery ranks higher and I'm worst only because I'm unlucky of stupid RNG system. They need to make TOKEN system for sorties or make Riven mods to be obtainable from some non ONE DAY RNG -_-

Welcome to Warframe how bads your luck today. 

2 minutes ago, IfritKajiTora said:

Yeah realy common.
Doing sorties every day:
Me: 0 Rivnes

I hate this RNG mechanics, why I'm a worst player than my friend? I'm 2 mastery ranks higher and I'm worst only because I'm unlucky of stupid RNG system. They need to make TOKEN system for sorties or make Riven mods to be obtainable from some non ONE DAY RNG -_-

For the love of anything Holy, please no Token System. This would make the already fairly easy Game even easier. It's like including Riven Mods in a 24h Alert that will reset every Day. Just stupid IMHO (note : IMHO).

Yeah it's frustrating sometimes, but that's how RNG is. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. It's like that in almost every single Game, be it Borderlands or Path of Exile or Flyff or Shaiya or jade Dynasty or whatever.:P

18 minutes ago, Extroah said:

For the love of anything Holy, please no Token System. This would make the already fairly easy Game even easier.

So for you if the game doesn't have RNG is easy.
RNG is just anoying stuff it's not making game hard, it's just pissing some people like me, realy hard :/. My friend always got luck, while I had to work hard to get something. Many times he farmed something in several minutes to one hour, while I had to farm it a whole day and next several hours to get. Just as my friend said, RNG system could work with nick names, if you have some letters then you will have better luck.

Right now RNG is sorties just want me to quit playing this stupid game with stupid mechanics of RNG end game -_-
I want token system, to play sorties every day and safe tokens and buy what I want. I don't want more lenses, I don't want more endo, I don't want more reactors, I don't want more catalysts, I don't want nitain, I don't want Exilus adapter, all I need and care are just Riven mods and maybe legendary core to sell for plat. So why I should waste my time on sorties every day and get the same sh*t over and over that I don't need, because I already have enough of it.

Token system in games are for END GAME players that will get what they want, they don't want RNG because there are a lot of garbage stuff on end game. So they keep playing with token system, while in game with RNG and be unlucky for a 2 weeks just rush them to quit the game. I already quited TROVE and now it's Warframe quit time. I don't have time to get garbage every day, I have some more important stuff to do, like do nothing, it will be better waste of time, than doing something and getting garbage that I don't need.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

34 minutes ago, ViS4GE said:

It's salt of people who cant roll / cant afford good ones.

Not even just"good". I think most of the complaining is people trying to roll god-stats on every Riven they get. they're ask chasing that 200% crit chance/damage instead if settling for 90. 

Every Riven I've rolled a few times eventually had decent stats. Enough to replace a mods or two at least.

4 minutes ago, IfritKajiTora said:

So for you if the game doesn't have RNG is easy.
RNG is just anoying stuff it's not making game hard, it's just pissing some people like me, realy hard :/. My friend always got luck, while I had to work hard to get something. Many times he farmed something in several minutes to one hour, while I had to farm it a whole day and next several hours to get. Just as my friend said, RNG system could work with nick names, if you have some letters then you will have better luck.

Right now RNG is sorties just want me to quit playing this stupid game with stupid mechanics of RNG end game -_-
I want token system, to play sorties every day and safe tokens and buy what I want. I don't want more lenses, I don't want more endo, I don't want more reactors, I don't want more catalysts, I don't want nitain, I don't want Exilus adapter, all I need and care are just Riven mods and maybe legendary core to sell for plat. So why I should waste my time on sorties every day and get the same sh*t over and over that I don't need, because I already have enough of it.

You.... Might need to take a break. 

So you get your Riven mods, then what? What do you do? 

Just now, Hypernaut1 said:

So you get your Riven mods, then what? What do you do? 

I will don't feel like a loser. Reroll stats, farm kuva, trying some weapons with new rivens I got. Don't like = sell for plat.
Getting another rivens and do the same. I will get a good riven for a decent weapon I wil hold it, but want to try more.
While I didn't get a single chance for it, because from the quest I got a stupid mod for sentinel weapon that is realy weak(I use sweeper all the time), and got 0 rivens from sorties while I'm doing sorties every day. And I'm pissed everytime when my friend gets Riven from sorties(already 5 and one for Tonkor, which is a god tier weapon so get decent stats to make it better, keep it or sell for ton of plat).

10 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Not even just"good". I think most of the complaining is people trying to roll god-stats on every Riven they get. they're ask chasing that 200% crit chance/damage instead if settling for 90. 

Every Riven I've rolled a few times eventually had decent stats. Enough to replace a mods or two at least.

This. So much this.

4 minutes ago, IfritKajiTora said:

I will don't feel like a loser. Reroll stats, farm kuva, trying some weapons with new rivens I got. Don't like = sell for plat.
Getting another rivens and do the same. I will get a good riven for a decent weapon I wil hold it, but want to try more.
While I didn't get a single chance for it, because from the quest I got a stupid mod for sentinel weapon that is realy weak(I use sweeper all the time), and got 0 rivens from sorties while I'm doing sorties every day. And I'm pissed everytime when my friend gets Riven from sorties(already 5 and one for Tonkor, which is a god tier weapon so get decent stats to make it better, keep it or sell for ton of plat).

Exactly what was said above.

1 hour ago, ViS4GE said:

It's salt of people who cant roll / cant afford good ones.

this so much over.

It's so true. It's also true for any other item in warframe. If people can't make their own stuff as good as the extremely powerful meta or as good as some people who manage to get insane min-maxing out of their builds; they complain and whine that it's too op whilst secretly wanting that power.

38 minutes ago, (Xbox One)T0PP HATT said:

must be new to the forums and game....I haven't seen anyone complain bout them but you!!! lol, I re rolled one riven, one time, the other 2 was pretty good the way i got them...

looks to me like u might be in that boat by yourself....

doesn't appear to me that they don't need a "fix"

Actually half my clan was saying that Riven mods are making Warframe YouTubers basically create entire videos and series dedicated to rerolling Riven mods just to get god stats like those CoD YouTubers that do supply drop opening videos. I'm not saying I agree with them I'm just saying at least on PS4 I've seen people complaining about the current system of how Riven mods work.

5 minutes ago, Arniox said:

this so much over.

It's so true. It's also true for any other item in warframe. If people can't make their own stuff as good as the extremely powerful meta or as good as some people who manage to get insane min-maxing out of their builds; they complain and whine that it's too op whilst secretly wanting that power.

Not 100% true. If you look through any posts I have made about Rivens, you'll find that I have been overwhelmingly disapproving of the entire concept right from the start, noticing that upon release, Rivens did frankly disgusting things to even the battered and abused game balance that we have, boosting meta weapons into orbit. I don't heavily use rifles or launchers, I'm a shotgun and bow chap, and then I got a Riven mod for my favourite bow. A Daikyu mod which gave it +186% Damage, +112% Status Duration, +95% Toxin. My opinion has completely...remained the same.

I see what DE are trying to do with Rivens, but I also see the ways in which their implementation has failed, even with Riven Disposition, and I think that the way Disposition works still needs to be severely overhauled. It shouldn't be possible for weapons with a Faint Disposition to roll boosts to Damage or Critical Chance at all, for instance. Faint Disposition Riven mods should only be able to roll utility effects, things like modifiers to Status duration and effects, plus or minus Zoom, ammunition mutation or reload speed benefits, that sort of thing. The fact that it is possible to roll a Riven which gives extra crit and damage to a Tonkor or a Synoid Simulor means that the system continues to fail hard at its stated goal.

So, no. It's not just jealousy of your 'pro build'. It is observing that Riven mods, as they currently exist, do not properly serve the purpose which DE stated them to have, and are instead having a potentially negative effect on game balance. For instance, the existence of Riven mods means that we are now almost certainly never getting a rebalancing Damage 3.0.

See, I wouldn't even mind the ridiculous RNG, if you could easily get Riven. If the system is pushing us to chase the perfect Riven, and is putting RNG on RNG to make us roll and roll, at least let us get the Rivens easier, eh? If you're going to make a gambling booth, makes sense to let people in easier, you know?

1 minute ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Not 100% true. If you look through any posts I have made about Rivens, you'll find that I have been overwhelmingly disapproving of the entire concept right from the start, noticing that upon release, Rivens did frankly disgusting things to even the battered and abused game balance that we have, boosting meta weapons into orbit. I don't heavily use rifles or launchers, I'm a shotgun and bow chap, and then I got a Riven mod for my favourite bow. A Daikyu mod which gave it +186% Damage, +112% Status Duration, +95% Toxin. My opinion has completely...remained the same.

I see what DE are trying to do with Rivens, but I also see the ways in which their implementation has failed, even with Riven Disposition, and I think that the way Disposition works still needs to be severely overhauled. It shouldn't be possible for weapons with a Faint Disposition to roll boosts to Damage or Critical Chance at all, for instance. Faint Disposition Riven mods should only be able to roll utility effects, things like modifiers to Status duration and effects, plus or minus Zoom, ammunition mutation or reload speed benefits, that sort of thing. The fact that it is possible to roll a Riven which gives extra crit and damage to a Tonkor or a Synoid Simulor means that the system continues to fail hard at its stated goal.

So, no. It's not just jealousy of your 'pro build'. It is observing that Riven mods, as they currently exist, do not properly serve the purpose which DE stated them to have, and are instead having a potentially negative effect on game balance. For instance, the existence of Riven mods means that we are now almost certainly never getting a rebalancing Damage 3.0.

There are some real arguments to be made from both ends of the opinion spectrum, on one end Damage 3.0 is likely never coming out now to rebalance the way weapons function, but on the other end of the spectrum Riven mods have given us endless ways to experiment with every weapon in the game. In theory this should be good but at the same time due to some weapons being clearly better than others and the revolving door of meta and power creep, I think that some changes need to be made including possibly a damage rework AKA Damage 3.0

My opinion

1. Remove the rising kuva cost of rivens for random stats, because it makes it harder to trade riven mods for riven mods and it gets annoying to reroll for a bad weapon very quickly. (Which I feel doesn't help with their goal)

Maybe make it a static cost overall or just a static cost based on disposition (faint has a higher cost than strong). We shouldn't be paying a higher cost more shots at the same RNG.

Or

2. Allow us to lock in stats either for more Kuva (if in adition to removing the rising cost) or leave the increasing cost but allow us to lock in 1 or 2 stats with each reroll.

Or

3. Keep the rising cost, but change the algorythm to either favour or only allow stats based on the weapon and its versions that are tied to the Riven mod, first stat unveiling can still be random, but make it have a better chance or only able to get relevant stats with rerolls. Maybe make this favour weapons with neutral or strong dispositions and keep it 100% random for faint.

4. Add another way of getting riven mods. Adding a weekly challenge from Teshin was suggested, but I don't know if they even considered it.

Edited by Madway7
Had to edit a lot since I'm getting some lagg