Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SPOILERS] Farming Kuva Solo

(PSN)abbacephas

Question

OK folks, I'm looking for tips and tricks to solo Kuva farming. The new mechanic is annoying as all hell, as I'm still trying to get used to it. The fact that the Kuva Guardians REQUIRE you to be in Operator mode to disarm them before you can damage them, is an added frustration.

That being said, how do you guys solo Kuva Siphon missions. I know a good CC frame is ideal, or a frame with immense EHP is also recommended, but that isn't my issue really. It's running around, trying to stay alive long enough to actually find and capture the incoming Kuva ghosts. Is it recommended to finish off the Guardians first before going after the ghosts? Or does that waste too much time? If you do kill them, do more spawn in their place? Is Void dashing the only way to collect the ghosts or is there another way?

Any tips and tricks you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

14 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Right now tenno powers work on the Queen's guards.

Use Nova.

Easysauce.

^ hes pretty spot on....but make sure you clear the ranged shooters that are too close so they dont instakill you in your form

personally i just loki invis and switch to form when i see the red cloud....decoy away from the siphon to keep them distracted

Personally I find Ivara to be the easiest for solo kuva runs, she's got invis, a bow that oneshots pretty much anything and CC, a lot of options there.

24 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Is it recommended to finish off the Guardians first before going after the ghosts? Or does that waste too much time? If you do kill them, do more spawn in their place?

Only if you need the Orvius parts, otherwise there's no need to kill them if you can avoid them somehow. AFAIK until you kill the first two the others won't spawn, they seem to come in with every second Kuva cloud or so, though I'm not really sure.

24 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Is Void dashing the only way to collect the ghosts or is there another way?

Yes it is the only way.

Edited by Artarrwen

If you are lazy and dont care about orvius parts

Pick up Loki stay invis all the times, when you heard cloud noise start running to the cloud quick switch to operator and dash then switch back to loki and go invis again (have to done all this things in about 2-3 sec), also you have to roll or move abit after used invis because Kuva Guardian might dunk at you location.

Edited by Shafilp

-Only a few waves of guardians spawn per siphon; you don't lose any Kuva if some of the clouds reach the siphon, so if you're having trouble with them, it's sometimes easier to kill them off before dealing with the siphon.

-Switching between Operator and warframe is fairly quick and responsive. With some practice, I found it pretty easy, even under fire, to just run up to the Kuva clouds and quickly string together Transference, Void Dash, then Transference again, often putting me back in my warframe before it takes any significant damage.

-Guardians are dangerous, but because of their leap/charge attacks, they're also very easy to bait away from the siphon.

-As others have pointed out, frames with high CC, area damage, and/or decoy powers are excellent for keeping enemies occupied while you deal with the siphon; use them to your advantage. Otherwise, you can throw down a specter or two as a distraction.

-When using Transference, try and get in the habit of immediately crouching to turn invisible. It's not a surefire way to avoid damage, since there are sometimes AoEs and such flying around, but it can often give you a moment to position yourself to dash through a Kuva cloud.

Hope that helped.