Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is the kuva fortress kinda pointless?

morningstar999

After the war within and then unlocking the nodes just because -Does anyone use the kuva fortress? Being you can't farm kuva on there (which is a massive waste if you ask me -we should be stealing it from the queen in survivals and spies) What the point of going there? they put all this work into a new area, it looks and sounds amazing, and there's no real reason for people to use it, At least the moon, (which was brought out last big quest) Has those various Puzzles for mods and Sentinels, which gives a reason for people to keep going back. 

I guess the Fortress has neural senors but thats about it?

been doing public runs on it but never have anyone join the squad, which shows how much use it is getting. 

it's a beautiful Tileset, the colouring reminds me of my Borderlands days of raiding Crimson Lance bases for loot (good times), and it's a genuinely well made Tileset where you have to carefully plan stealth movements around the mines and scanners.

I have to agree that it isn't a particularly rewarding place, in terms of actual loot. I got a Nitain once, but that's about it really. there should be some sources of Kuva in there, that would be enough to make players farm it.

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

I'm sure DE can find some reason to give it some meaning to go there. I'm suprised kuva doesn't drop there. But it dropping sensors is a nice change from Jupiter (is it jupiter that drops em?). 

yeah it was only Jupiter before which was dumb. 

9 minutes ago, SeaUrchins said:

No more useless than any other grineer planet really.

I dunno just seems a lot of work and no one has a reason to use it. 

a good few of the other planets get kuva missions, sorties and relics so they have an extra reason to be used but I don't think the Fortress does? 

5 minutes ago, ashrah said:

most planets is dead cz rewards are pretty bad ppl dont have motivation....

In a game, you are not supposed to play for rewards.
You play for fun and a place well tought with many traps and a good design like this is probably the best thing you can have to enjoy the game.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

genuinely well made Tileset where you have to carefully plan stealth movements around the mines and scanners.

It's a bit too claustrophobic in certain areas, but the mines you can just run through with no consequence. Only section that really had me avoiding lazers was the spot that spawned the little bombs and that's because they appear as enemies on the minimap. I was playing exterminate and was trying to find where the enemies were at, and the blips were a huge distraction.

21 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

I'm sure DE can find some reason to give it some meaning to go there. I'm suprised kuva doesn't drop there. But it dropping sensors is a nice change from Jupiter (is it jupiter that drops em?). 

Just like Lua dropping tons of neurodes, neural sensors getting a second home to farm them was much appreciated change in resource acquisition. But yeah other than that they really left their new baby unattended and now it's crying for attention.

Edited by (PS4)Tactless_Ninja

24 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

it's a beautiful Tileset, the colouring reminds me of my Borderlands days of raiding Crimson Lance bases for loot (good times), and it's a genuinely well made Tileset where you have to carefully plan stealth movements around the mines and scanners.

I have to agree that it isn't a particularly rewarding place, in terms of actual loot. I got a Nitain once, but that's about it really. there should be some sources of Kuva in there, that would be enough to make players farm it.

There cannot be sources for getting kuva because that is where the kuva goes to be used . . . y'know, the stuff we intercept on other planets.

9 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

You play for fun and a place well tought with many traps and a good design like this is probably the best thing you can have to enjoy the game.

u play for fun yes but rewards need to be there too.... that is  same i got nice offer to work but payment terrible and i refuse of course

You guys are asking too much. The War Withing came out just a few weeks back, in time DE will implement more to it just as they did to Lua or have you forgotten the puzzles came a wile after the Second Dream? Its been a wile since they last implemented something new to the game as they have been doing fixes alot.

19 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

sometimes it can be hard work in a game like this that revolves around grind, most people want to be rewarded for that. This game is often more work than fun with all the extra grind they have piled on us over this last year, its much harder to just have fun and earn it as you go, you often have to go out of your way to earn some stuff.

I personally have totally have given up wanting to farm for stuff atm but these days people are only using kuva runs, relic runs or akkid/herricon for leveling and relics. these are repetitive and grindy -aka work, only reason people do it is the rewards. 

I just want to have fun with the game but people flock to those missions and not much else. 

8 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

You guys are asking too much. The War Withing came out just a few weeks back, in time DE will implement more to it just as they did to Lua or have you forgotten the puzzles came a wile after the Second Dream? Its been a wile since they last implemented something new to the game as they have been doing fixes alot.

no it came out with second dream (least I am 90% sure but I have a bad memory) like the focus system and everything else. problem is we where told we would get as much (in fact more) content and stuff to do after with the war within and we simply did not get that.

we got a new mechanic that could be amazing but we currently cant do much with (operators) and broken half arsed riven mods (which they have been improving but it should have been tested and done by the time war within came out, not the mess it was) 

they promised us war within in june/july. we got in in November instead. they have even stated they only worked on war within for like 4 months, when they had 11 since second dream. so they had ample chance to add more but they didn't. They at least know they messed up but who knows if they will learn from it. 

The Defence tileset has one of the most unique maps and the troops in the fortress actually have weapon variation instead of just Grakata, Hind, Gorgon, Machete.

The Defence Tileset also has one of the highest starting levels for a Defence.

Finally, you can get Tellerium from every single mission in the Kuva Fortress as they're all marked as "Archwing". This means the Kuva Fortress is the only "planet" with a guaranteed five resources it can drop.

35 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

Well call me a black sheep, but i only play for the rewards. 

Luckily i went through all the nodes with a group soon after TWW dropped.

Now it's a ghost town.

4 hours ago, CaptainEras said:

There cannot be sources for getting kuva because that is where the kuva goes to be used . . . y'know, the stuff we intercept on other planets.

Huh? in sabotage we find caches... couldn't they be storing Kuva on the kuva fortress? So 600 Kuva could be a reward for a 3 cache sabotage. that easily takes as long as a kuva siphon.

Survival we're distracting them so our operative can "raid the ship" the rewards every 5 minutes are what the operative finds. So again, why can't survivals reward kuva (hey DE a REAL endless mission would be increasing kuva rewards for staying).

Spy - again, we're extracting data - location of Kuva stash.

Defense/cap/exterm...well no not so much that's lotus rewarding us  but i'd still welcome the reward to make all missions equally viable on the KF.