The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe name change

SamuraiGod101

I have recently changed my name from SupaSoldier101 to VulcanHorus now I regret it. Do you guys think that name sounds good or at least better than SupaSoldier101. Please tell me this is bothering me because it was 200 platinum (keep in mind almost every good name was taken) and I don't really like the name I only pressed enter expecting it to be taken as well. Also this happened all on another account. Sorry I know this is kind of stupid I just want to know your opinion and if just sounds stupid. Thanks.

Edited by SamuraiGod101

SamuraiGod101

Generic. Also, that would imply there are already 100 SamuraiGods in the WF universe. What makes you special, #101

SupaSoldier101

See above. Same issues with it being generic.

VulcanHorus

Hmm. Seems original to me. Much easier to remember since it sounds unique.

These are, of course, my opinions. The other posts telling you to go with your gut on what you like are also important, but you asked for our input.

4 minutes ago, Mingnit said:

Sounds much better than the typical <insert shor name here><insert a bunch of numbers here>. e.g: Eno548651168446874986518916516, I mean theres so many people out there with 10 thousand numbers in their IGN, never got the why...

Likely because they picked a name, it was taken, and they didn't want to let it go.

In my case, Max7238 has a LOT of reasons behind it, but I've finally started after, what, eleven years? to move away from it. Max was the name I used in playing Pokemon with my older brother cuz he was "Zero." My logic as a six year old was "opposite of Zero?" so "Max." My middle school ID number was 0507238, and I went to a bad middle school where you had to have your ID around your neck at all times. Replace the 050 with M A X and there ya go. It was seven characters with a seven in the middle that, to me, rolled off the tongue. Max-seven-two-thirty-eight. I even had a time where I made that an actual name in an RP for a character of a race of gator men (Svanto Threight or something, it's been a long time). NOW I'm debating using LegionatorMax, GlyphKnightMax, or SummonerRyozen because they have more meaning for me and are more distinct than "Max####". It lets my friends still call me Max (except the Ryozen thing, but they'd call me Max anyway), but it also makes a name for myself.

My suggestion to you, and anyone who wants to make a name for themselves online, is to give consideration as to what the name means to you. It's like a tattoo, especially if you'll use it in many places. It's an alias. Pick a game or franchise that means a lot to you that maybe most other people don't see the way you do (GlyphKnight and Legionator are from Chaos Legion) and a name that is either already your nickname or a name you'd like to have (Max isn't anywhere in my real name, but my real name sounds dorky, so I've always hated it). Smash em together and there ya go. My friends did the same long before me. JakHollow, AzureInstant, Amalgomator?, all are derived from different things. Jak was a name he liked, hollow came from the inside of a drum no less (he's big into marching band). Azure is a Tales of Vesperia reference, Instant just being what he tacked on that stuck (he's also used AzureCalamity, AzureGale, etc), and an amalgam is a cluster of many things, and Amalgomator (we call him Amal) has a wide taste in games.

There's a LOT of options, and a lot of things to consider, but I'd always say you should shy away from generic stuff like "EliteSniper" "Killer_" or whatever else......

My id is 21 years old and It have a meanings both in english and hungarian. The english translation mean the same as the hungarian so sziklamester is mean rockmaster which in my language mean a person whom climbing on rocks hills and mountains however I am not a mountaineer as myself just liked the name and It was very easy to remember. It is unique in warframe but there is some friends who have unique name also. I am proud of my name because of the time what shared with me. My name maybe not boring but I like this Ign to use.

Edited by Sziklamester

I changed my alias today and I like it. Advice wise I would say that it is a good alias if it follows 2 rules. You like it and you didn't do it to offend someone (slurs and the like). Although, I simply cannot stand names with a ton of x-s on the front and back. (IE XxXSnipermasterMLG420XxX) the cringe man.

9 minutes ago, NPC said:

Guy asks opinion about his name, ppl start telling page long origins of their names. 

Atleast NPC's haven't name.

And you are right NPC peoples like to telling stories but if need to suggest a name then maybe this can be the : Shrugmenace

Edited by Sziklamester

43 minutes ago, NPC said:

Guy asks opinion about his name, ppl start telling page long origins of their names. 

Stories about name origins are still advice. It shows the OP how they arrived at a name they liked and stuck with.

He could do something similar if he chooses, but he'll never know that if they don't explain.

I thought the name origins were nice.

20 minutes ago, Artorius-Alter said:

Which is ironic since all the numbers drown out whatever name was before them.

Actually, it depends. @Max7238 is a friend, but I honestly only ever remember "Max" I know the numbers are generally a string of 4 and starts with 7. I'm more likely to remember it now that he explained. In at least two other cases I remember other friends' name+number combinations in WF if they start with 1. Not sure why that is other than I'm not a numbers guy. (I remember important ones like phone #s, personal info, etc, but that's through forcing myself to with rote memory.)

Edited by Rhekemi