The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Javlok feedback.

Multicom-EN-

2 hours ago, Marine027 said:

Well the floor is not thick really in the Simularium, all weapons with hit trough mods whoudl do such, and i never encountered trwoing the Javlok trough walls or floor in normal maps since those are more massive.

It goes through the catwalks on Grineer or Corpis ships though.

Great job with the speargun DE.  I like this weapon.  I would like to share some ideas either for this weapon or other potential spearguns to come:  1)Please require a reload key press.  I ask this because frequently I want to throw the weapon when I exhaust my magazine, and when I go to throw it, I'm stuck in the auto reload animation.  2)Due to the need to pick up my spear, I would prefer to throw the weapon at close range enemies-Please consider using a tonkor mechanic and taking out self damage--I like to unequip my secondary so that as soon as I throw the spear, by melee is automatically equipped, this allows for some close range brawling fun.  3)Finally, consider some minor splash damage on the primary fire-I feel that fits the "fireball" theme, but this could be OP so maybe not....

Thanks for the great content!  Don't let up!

I finally got the Javlok today! It's a really cool weapon, but (!). I play using a controller on PC, and I find really comfortable how the Stradavar/Zarr work, where it's a toggle when you press the Alt Fire button instead of actually firing. Also noticed Quanta and its family work like that.

I was wondering if people are happy with Alt Fire making those weapons actually just fire on press or would rather have a toggle, because on a controller I find it myself much more comfortable to actually toggle between them.

Just want to see what kind of solution one could find.

19 minutes ago, jmthebigman said:

full charge throw = full throw

short tap = short distance

pressing somewhere in the middle = corresponds with the length of the charge duration

So it cant be changed without changing the weapon.

No, what I mean is: Instead of pressing the Alt Fire button to do the alt fire, what about making it work like the Stradavar, where you press Alt Fire and it just changed the mode.

You'd still need to press the Fire button (Left Click) with the same controls as now.

2 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

No, what I mean is: Instead of pressing the Alt Fire button to do the alt fire, what about making it work like the Stradavar, where you press Alt Fire and it just changed the mode.

You'd still need to press the Fire button (Left Click) with the same controls as now.

will slow it down.

click 2 buttons including charging vs 1.

5 minutes ago, jmthebigman said:

why make 1 button into 2?

If you had to deal with controller mapping you'd understand.

Basically I can't move while aiming, you're forced into standing still. Like, the Zarr and the Stradavar don't have that issue so the thought of the Javlok working like it does didn't even cross my mind.

Edited by NightmareT12

4 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

If you had to deal with controller mapping you'd understand.

Basically I can't move while aiming, you're forced into standing still. Like, the Zarr and the Stradavar don't have that issue so the thought of the Javlok working like it does didn't even cross my mind.

So because you decide to use a controller on a keyboard and mouse game...

you want to make it less comfortable for the original way of playing.

4 minutes ago, jmthebigman said:

So because you decide to use a controller on a keyboard and mouse game...

you want to make it less comfortable for the original way of playing.

No. Because I play a controller on a game that supports controller, I want better controller support. Because PS4 and Xbox One players are a thing, and because people playing on controller on PC are a thing.

I mean, if they had made it work like the Zarr from the very beginning you wouldn't have minded at all.

But you disagreeing with me gave me a better idea: Keep alt fire, change how it works on the engine and put in a new button. All weapons will need to be changed for this but no one's going to notice a thing because everyone is going to play how they want.

Edited by NightmareT12

So I have this thing built, toyed around with it on Mercury and for me , personally, this thing is Panthera part deux. 

I've seen Stargate, I know what it references, but this weapon just feels terrible to actually use.

• Charge-up on primary fire WITH slow projectiles that have no aoe (despite them being exploding fireballs, and more importantly , despite the original staff weapon from Stargate having this) .
  • Throwing the staff is ALSO a charge-up , can bug out if thrown while in air (which for me, was the coolest way to try to throw it) and cause a delayed throw that can kill you.
  • Laughable 6 shot magazine (why does an energy staff weapon even need a magazine?)
  • Throw in a higher than average 2.2 second reload (which , fun fact, is higher than the Opticor's 2.0 )
  • Needing its own , special resource to farm (that of course, only drops from ONE enemy, on ONE planet, that'll NEVER be used again).
  • Lastly, the month old hype this thing got in devstreams. 

Just... wow. I really have absolutely nothing positive to say...

Oh and you can't recolor the fireball projectiles . WHY!!!!?

Edited by Futurehero

I rly like the weapon and the feel.

The dammage are not the best ( but strong in low to mid level ) .

The charge time before each it is not the best thing either.

Throwing the damn thing does not rly good dammage unless build only for that.

The weapon itself is not rly good but i realy like it ^.^ 

Edited by trunks013

-Its not a charge-up. Its delayed shooting weapon. Clicking cause to charge up to maximum and fire automaticaly.

-Charging the throw allow to control velocity, so how far it can go. Yes, it can kill you, especially with Firestorm.

-Its not energy weapon. Its uses detonite, the combustible something, probably liquid.

-Javlok capacitor was bad idea for delaying us getting this thingy for free. Yet, it could be done in less than hour when you know how to make Prosecutors to spawn.

Overall enjoyable weapon with unique mechanics. Sortie viable when used with Nova or other buffer.