Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blue Crit Riven mod Opticor.

Divine_Intellect

you are not the first one, there's an video from 2 weeks ago about the same thing, but the overall negative damage

and blue means that you are dealing normal shield damage, but since DE didn't expect about the effects of negative damage, this isn't feature yet

serious, i want an riven for penta that make me deal negative damage... for myself

Edited by Zeyez
doing the same actions, over and over again, until the result changes... damn RNG, i'm insane

Blue crits are shield crit hits according ot the wiki.

Comment section on the wiki: "blue crit=can bypass armor and damages shield"

Whole comment:

red crit is far as i understand a crit, that ignors both armor rating and shield, it attacks directly to health pool. as

yellow=normal crit=cant bypass armor and shild

blue crit=can bypass armor and damages shield

red crit=bypasses all armor and shield damages health directly

i have bee experementing with amprex for some time and this is what i think happens in crit catagory.RED crit has nothing to do with unalerted enemies

to get red crit:

crit chance>100- few red crit

crit chance>150-medium red crit

crit chance>200-mostly red crit

WHY RED CRIT????

it DAMAGES directly health pool (if i am correct) almost all enemies are easily manageable with it.better the damage multi in crit faster they die

ALL THESE ARE BASED ON MY GAME EXPERIENCE U ARE FREE TO DISAGREE BUT BEFORE U DO THAT JUST TRY IT OUT AND THEN SHARE UR THOUGHTS

CHEERS.

Blue number are usually shield damage but also come up when hitting targets that can't be damaged or when damage is tranferred to a Healer and reduced to zero so it doesn't surprise me that blue is the colour seen here.

I have to wonder though, why would you ever think a -100% crit damage mod would be worth while?  It says in the weapon stats that you have a 15% chance of a x0.0 multiplier*.  It doesn't matter how good the rest is if you have a 15% chance of your shot doing nothing!  Nevermind what'll happen if you use Smeeta for Charm's 200% crit chance, guaranteed to be a x-1.0 multiplier on every shot...

*  Given the mod is actually -101.9% your crit multiplier would be x-0.038, dealing -2918 per crit.

4 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

red crit is far as i understand a crit, that ignors both armor rating and shield, it attacks directly to health pool. as

Red crits are caused by having crit chance higher than 100%.  Every hit crits and the remaining chance above 100 is the chance of red crit.  Red crit damage is (base crit multiplier x2)-1.  A normal Opticor has x2.0 crit multiplier so red crit would be (2x2)-1=3, so x3.0 damage.  If your multiplier is x0 then I'd expect red crits to be x-1, so don't use Smeeta.

Edited by Katinka

Just now, Katinka said:

Blue number are usually shield damage but also come up when hitting targets that can't be damaged or when damage is tranferred to a Healer and reduced to zero so it doesn't surprise me that blue is th ecolour seen here.

I have to wonder though, why would you ever think a -100% crit damage mod would be worth while?  It says in the weapon stats that you have a 15% chance of a x0.0 multiplier*.  It doesn't matter how good the rest is if you have a 15% chance of your shot doing nothing!  Nevermind what'll happen if you use Smeeta for Charm's 200% crit chance, guaranteed to be a x-1.0 multiplier on every shot...

*  Given the mod is actually -101.9% your crit multiplier would be x-0.038, dealing -2918 per crit.

i can dream, harold :'c

7 minutes ago, Ksilisab said:

i can dream, harold :'c

Maybe try swapping Heavy Caliber for Vital Sense?  You'll be on 467.6% of base damage instead of 632.6% of base damage but you'll get a crit multiplier of x2.4 so 15% of your shots will be doing almost two and a half times damage instead of healing the target.

Just now, Katinka said:

Maybe try swapping Heavy Caliber for Vital Sense?  You'll be on 467.6% of base damage instead of 632.6% of base damage but you'll get a crit multiplier of x2.4 so 15% of your shots will be doing almost two and a half times damage instead of healing the target.

I'll buy 10 more opticor rivens and get a better combination. I've got like 200 cycles under my belt by now.

From a quick check on Warframe Builder:

Your current build:

68753.647 total damage

32662.065 burst dps

27446.566 sustained dps

Swapping HC for Vital Sense:
71868.883 total damage
34141.987 burst dps
28690.173 sustained dps

Not sure if Warframe Builder handles negative crit multipliers properly or not but even if it's counting it as 0 rather than -0.038, all the average damage measures are higher and there'll be no chance of healing the enemy.  Plus no negative accuracy, if that's noticeable at all on a giant laser cannon.

12 minutes ago, Katinka said:

From a quick check on Warframe Builder:

Your current build:

68753.647 total damage

32662.065 burst dps

27446.566 sustained dps

Swapping HC for Vital Sense:
71868.883 total damage
34141.987 burst dps
28690.173 sustained dps

Not sure if Warframe Builder handles negative crit multipliers properly or not but even if it's counting it as 0 rather than -0.038, all the average damage measures are higher and there'll be no chance of healing the enemy.  Plus no negative accuracy, if that's noticeable at all on a giant laser cannon.

I'm trying out warframe builder and it's calculating damage wrong. It's giving me too high damage numbers on my opticor.

1 hour ago, Ksilisab said:

I'm trying out warframe builder and it's calculating damage wrong. It's giving me too high damage numbers on my opticor.

Is it maybe because it factors in average damage including crits and multishot?  There are tick boxes next to them if you want to see stats without crits.

I do think having a negative aspect to riven is a good thing but that having the potential to render the mod absolutely garbage is not right. Perhaps the tradeoff stat should be capped to some degree. After all, if it is going to be a slot machine, at least not have players lose their bet (kuva) and then some (negative net damage). It is bad enough you get shafted, no need for the kick in the nuts.

Edited by Currilicious

• 2 months later...
On 12/18/2016 at 2:03 AM, Marine027 said:

Whole comment:

yellow=normal crit=cant bypass armor and shild

blue crit=can bypass armor and damages shield

red crit=bypasses all armor and shield damages health directly

i have bee experementing with amprex for some time and this is what i think happens in crit catagory.RED crit has nothing to do with unalerted enemies

to get red crit:

crit chance>100- few red crit

crit chance>150-medium red crit

crit chance>200-mostly red crit

No. Red Crit = Double - 1 Multiplier.

crit chance = 100 - Never red crit

crit chance = 150 - 50% Red Crit

crit chance = 200 - ALWAYS red crit.

On 17/12/2016 at 7:06 PM, Katinka said:

Blue number are usually shield damage but also come up when hitting targets that can't be damaged or when damage is tranferred to a Healer and reduced to zero so it doesn't surprise me that blue is the colour seen here.

Red crits are caused by having crit chance higher than 100%.  Every hit crits and the remaining chance above 100 is the chance of red crit.  Red crit damage is (base crit multiplier x2)-1.  A normal Opticor has x2.0 crit multiplier so red crit would be (2x2)-1=3, so x3.0 damage.  If your multiplier is x0 then I'd expect red crits to be x-1, so don't use Smeeta.

At least someone know the game here, few, ty :clem: