The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus: another Ivara situation

IggySnow

4 minutes ago, HerpDerpy said:

most of the frames I have were relativly easy to get. mostly just killing a boss over and over and getting a 100% chance to get a warframe part.

that or prime frames which yes were grind but I had tons of stockpiled keys to get them, or bought the parts I needed.

Hey you remembered Hydroid before the changes to Vay Hek ? Finding those beacons are a pain in the rear.

Or Nekros which require you to farm coordinates, then go into derelict to farm lephantis coordinates and then kill an annoying boss that spawns at level 80+ that pretty much instant wipes entire teams with it's farts cos DE scaled it to your frame level ? (of course they quickly nerfed Lephantis to oblivion after Nekros isn't new anymore)

Or Mesa where you are pretty much dependent on infested missions for mutalist coordinates ?

Or Equinox where you have to farm 8 freaking aspects ?

Or Ivara which forces you to do spies which a crap load of the community hated btw ?

Don't look behind rose tinted glasses.
Grind has never changed, this is similar.

Edited by fatpig84

Just now, Mak_Gohae said:

How active are you in the game? They stopped doing frames in bosses a long time ago.

not super active. im mr 14. I usually only get the frames and weapons that I think ill enjoy using. I farmed ivara, got titania through the quest. But iv also been around long enough and have a lot of time in the game to know about most of the games ins and outs so.

4 minutes ago, fatpig84 said:

Hey you remembered Hydroid before the changes to Vay Hek ? Finding those beacons are a pain in the rear.

Or Nekros which require you to farm coordinates, then go into derelict to farm lephantis coordinates and then kill an annoying boss that spawns at level 80+ that pretty much instant wipes entire teams with it's farts cos DE scaled it to your frame level ? (of course they quickly nerfed Lephantis to oblivion after Nekros isn't new anymore)

Or Mesa where you are pretty much dependent on infested missions for mutalist coordinates ?

Or Equinox where you have to farm 8 freaking aspects ?

Or Ivara which forces you to do spies which a crap load of the community hated btw ?

Don't look behind rose tinted glasses.
Grind has never changed, this is similar.

I never said those frames weren't completely annoying to get. what im saying is im tired of DE making these stupid decisions on how players obtain new content.

1 minute ago, HerpDerpy said:

I never said those frames weren't completely annoying to get. what im saying is im tired of DE making these stupid decisions on how players obtain new content.

And i remember many Founders saying the Mirage / Limbo way of earning parts was horrible.
It was the best way possible so people don't have to suffer through the RNG.

But oh well, derp.

2 hours ago, HerpDerpy said:

Would it really have been that bad to just give us the parts to nidus as we were doing the quest? like every other quest we have. Or at lease guarantee us a nidus part at rotation C of the reward pool?

Tell me about it. We just spent 40min in a PUG because no one figured we'd need a Nekros, and not enough antiserum was spawning so we were left with only A. Rot C arrives and... Metal Auger. *facedesk*

19 minutes ago, HerpDerpy said:

not super active. im mr 14. I usually only get the frames and weapons that I think ill enjoy using. I farmed ivara, got titania through the quest. But iv also been around long enough and have a lot of time in the game to know about most of the games ins and outs so.

Well, once they ran out of bosses they started the quest system and it doesnt look like they are going to stop.

9 minutes ago, low1991 said:

DE, pls up serum drop rates or increase chargers spawn rate or add in another infested serum carrier infested which guaranteed 100% drop rate.

Hey, it turns out that the spawning rates are incorrect. Our team is currently looking for a solution. 

1 minute ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Hey, it turns out that the spawning rates are incorrect. Our team is currently looking for a solution. 

Glad to know.

By the way, can we adjust the amount of player-worth of spawn in Endless mission for solo-mode? (ie, 2, 3, 4 player worth of spawns)

13 minutes ago, SolidBeast said:

Tell me about it. We just spent 40min in a PUG because no one figured we'd need a Nekros, and not enough antiserum was spawning so we were left with only A. Rot C arrives and... Metal Auger. *facedesk*

Even with necros the Droprate is way to bad. We left after rota A two times because it was so bad. And we had a Necros.

9 minutes ago, Krozair said:

Even with necros the Droprate is way to bad. We left after rota A two times because it was so bad. And we had a Necros.

Just did it as a Nekros and the drop rate was decent (we also had a better laid out map so it was easier to deposit them) but it required me sprinting around the map in circles just depositing serums which makes for annoying gameplay. That said, rot C gave us Stretch.

2 hours ago, Ascended1QQ said:

And here I was hyped about him...

This definitely killed it... it took me about 103 runs to get Ivara... Atleast I know not to waste more time than intended.

Vauban's parts originally dropped ONLY from random Alerts. Took me 8 months of waiting for Alerts to pop up during the hour or two I was online each night to build him.  And that's back when it was common for Alerts to drop one at a time, and hours would go by with no active Alerts at all. Not like it is now. ("Uphill--in the snow--BOTH WAYS!!!")

Suck it up, son.

Edited by FierceRadiance

10 minutes ago, SolidBeast said:

Just did it as a Nekros and the drop rate was decent (we also had a better laid out map so it was easier to deposit them) but it required me sprinting around the map in circles just depositing serums which makes for annoying gameplay. That said, rot C gave us Stretch.

We actually had a double Nekros iirc on that run, so drop rates were okay. But if that's what it is with a double Nekros that means it's very bad without one. The actual gameplay of the new mission is just not fun, or I wouldn't mind as much to do a lot of it. As it is now, I guess I'll shelve the Nidus excitement and see when I feel like putting up with grinding this mission.

2 hours ago, Harowing said:

Like all Endless Missions, one should be able to complete this in Solo but Infested Salvage isn't such one. 

Actually I found the opposite is true. its actually easier to complete solo because the enemy AI bugs out less and serums drops seem higher. I've been able to maintain all 3 terminals a few times solo but in a group we normally just barely make it to rotation C after half an hour.