Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Post Anything New That You Find Out About The Infested Room [The Infection Spreads Through Player Contact In Missions & Dojos!]

LascarCapable

18 minutes ago, AerinSol said:

Lore explanation In T-minus 3 months...

3 minutes ago, Meneliki said:

rage-guy-meme.gif

lol... guys. chill.

It's part of an emerging plot line involving Nidus and some new mechanics. It's not going to last forever. Steve even said there will be a 'cure' for it. Going full rage over a tiny, temporary blemish on your fashionframe - the implications of which we sill have no idea about - seems a little silly.

Take a deep breath... and relax.

Who says we're immune to the infestation? Our operator does, but that's just the extent of their knowledge or opinion (or maybe just some kind of morale boosting shout :P). It's a mistake to take the words of a character in a story as gospel truth, unless you know they are speaking in the author's voice or the author is speaking through them.

In any case, we aren't being infested in the sense of having our body/frame taken over and our mind incorporated into the hive.

Edited by schilds

Just to say that any infected frame with the pink cyst can infect other frames. I did it a little while ago accidentally. I was on my Mirage with a cyst and did a mission with a friend on his pristine RhinoP. It played the Infesting animation and sounds from my Mirage on his Rhino. There was no one else in the mission, it was just us 2. I can't tell if it's affected my alignment because mine got skewed by the TGG screw up on day 1.

Edited by Zendadaist

14 minutes ago, Meneliki said:

rage-guy-meme.gif

lol... guys. chill.

It's part of an emerging plot line involving Nidus and some new mechanics. It's not going to last forever. Steve even said there will be a 'cure' for it. Going full rage over a tiny, temporary blemish on your fashionframe - the implications of which we sill have no idea about - seems a little silly.

Take a deep breath... and relax.

oh yes just sit by while DE tie this up in 6 months

its a temporary effect, how whiny can you people be? Its already been said it has lore purpose, a cure is coming and a surprise. Thats fine for a temporary ugly blemish, really, you are going too far with this whining when there are actual issues like Hema to be talking about. This is intriguing, this might reveal something neat, its a mystery we have to wait a little to see the end. 

39 minutes ago, TrockBronze said:

its a temporary effect, how whiny can you people be? Its already been said it has lore purpose, a cure is coming and a surprise. Thats fine for a temporary ugly blemish, really, you are going too far with this whining when there are actual issues like Hema to be talking about. This is intriguing, this might reveal something neat, its a mystery we have to wait a little to see the end. 

The alignment is one thing. But people are going around being A******s with comments and joining missions to  infect people then leaving missions. It's pretty much allowing the toxic community to grow a pair and start misbehaving and causing trouble because their moms aren't seeing them swear in-game.  

Heme is a big deal but a mechanic that promotes toxicity/trolling is also equally a big issue. Does nobody remember Limbo trolling or Atlas wall trolling? How Limbo is forever known as the troll frame. If there was an age matching option so i don't get paired with a 12 year old I'd choose it, but theres really nothing stopping trolls and [Insert swearing/Racist comments/Death threats] from happening. 

Edited by xFrostKnightx

22 minutes ago, xFrostKnightx said:

The alignment is one thing. But people are going around being A******s with comments and joining missions to  infect people then leaving missions. It's pretty much allowing the toxic community to grow a pair and start misbehaving and causing trouble because their moms aren't seeing them swear in-game.  

Heme is a big deal but a mechanic that promotes toxicity/trolling is also equally a big issue. Does nobody remember Limbo trolling or Atlas wall trolling? How Limbo is forever known as the troll frame. If there was an age matching option so i don't get paired with a 12 year old I'd choose it, but theres really nothing stopping trolls and [Insert swearing/Racist comments/Death threats] from happening. 

but this will be over after a bit, they cant keep doing it once you get cured. 

55 minutes ago, xFrostKnightx said:

you forget. vouban was the troll warframe before limbo (still remember his nickname too). and i haven't heard of people doing as you say with going in and infecting then leaving. because even if the person didn't leave, the others would have been infected anyways. it's inevitable to happen to anyone who plays in public. people are just annoyed because they have an infested growth on the neck of their warframes and that's normal. wouldn't you be upset if you had some random unknown growth on your neck suddenly?