k05h

Question

Here are my numbers:

• 25 waves ODD
  • double ressource booster
  • 2 Hydroids (pilfering swarm), 1 Nekros, 1 speed nova
  • 258 mutagen sample 
  • 20 minutes

Without an active booster I would have gotten only 129 mutagen samples.

I do not want to get too deep into maths but I would need to run this 20 times with booster and 40 times without booster to get 5000 samples. Best case would be just 6 hours farming with booster and 12 hours without booster.

Edited by k05h
typo

14 minutes ago, k05h said:

Here are my numbers:

• 25 waves ODD
  • 258 mutagen sample 
  • 20 minutes

I do not want to get too deep into maths but I would need to run this 20 times with booster and 40 times without booster to get 5000 samples. Best case would be just 6 hours farming with booster and 12 hours without booster.

129 mutagen samples in 25 waves of ODD ?

I call BS. Where's your screeshot proof ?

14 minutes ago, Irorone said:

So basically a day and a half of an actual job.

I realize that warframe has almost always had the money for less waiting in place but that margin between FTP and plat seems to be getting bigger.

game is going in that direction...

24 minutes ago, k05h said:

Here are my numbers:

• 25 waves ODD
  • 258 mutagen sample 
  • 20 minutes

And your point with this is? It´s a clan research for a reason. If this would be the build cost I could get you all but it´s not.

It is not DEs fault if a clan has no active members or if nobody is contributing.

43 minutes ago, disco_inferno6 said:

Reddit thread discussing the same exact result with screenshot: 

https://m.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/5jx17g/mutagen_samples_from_20_waves_of_odd_with/

Mind you this group of 4 did it in the most ideal setup to farm resource drops.

Forcing a 100% perfect raid like setup with no diversity for 6 hours, just for one meh weapon isnt really my idea of engaging gameplay. Its different than just paying play to avoid time, "grinding" should be somewhat interesting in itself. But you really cant defend going this crazy barring peoples frame choices just to unlock the BP of one weapon, that's insane.

The current state of clan health in Warframe is in no position for DE to demand this. One weapon isnt going to suddenly fix all the problems of why theres awful member retention in the first place. Thats the one reason people are so pissed off about this. Getting enough players to actively play to even get to the position of doing this to not be "the not healthy" kind of grind is a seperate game in itself. It goes beyond the barrier of PayToSaveTime.

The game is not helping clans to be inticing enough to have WoW levels of thousands of active healthy guilds/clans that DE wants with this. Actually stuff like this actually actively works against helping clans keep players active. No one likes being forced into cookie cutter setups for hours just for some weapon they dont even care about.

Edited by PoopManZ

17 minutes ago, Kuestenjung said:

And your point with this is? It´s a clan research for a reason. If this would be the build cost I could get you all but it´s not.

It is not DEs fault if a clan has no active members or if nobody is contributing.

This is the case for many clans, though. Very often, only a small portion of clan members ends up doing the majority of contributions.

Many clans are nowhere near their player cap and most of them have lots of inactive or casual players that won't or can't contribute.

Alright so i hope people see this and realize that its 6/12 hours for ONE PERSON FARMING so having a group doing it cuts that time down by 4.

math: 258x20 is 5160 and this is the math for a single person doing this farm so  4 people doing it would obviously cut the time down majorly

258x4 is 1032 SO THATS 4 RUNS MY GOD LOOK AT THAT BASIC MATH COME ON PEOPLE PLEASE.

44 minutes ago, ashrah said:

game is going in that direction...

leyou seems to want to squeeze as much money out of warframe as possible, so expect more "we're gonna reduce the grind; lol nope we're actually exponentially increasing the grind because DE doesn't own DE."

23 minutes ago, Kuestenjung said:

So you're telling me that my clan (purely RL friends) doesn't deserve to start the research asap just because some aren't on as heavily as the few of us?

This research requirement is pretty much hurting the casual clans with its attempt to reinvigorate clans as a whole. I can understand that clan research needs everyone to contribute but DE set that bar way too high.

50 minutes ago, disco_inferno6 said:

I did not take a screenshot. And why would I lie? There is nothing to brag about on this topic.

27 minutes ago, PoopManZ said:

https://m.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/5jx17g/mutagen_samples_from_20_waves_of_odd_with/

I am glad someone had similar results. 

2 minutes ago, Etan-gK said:

leyou seems to want to squeeze as much money out of warframe as possible, so expect more "we're gonna reduce the grind; lol nope we're actually exponentially increasing the grind because DE doesn't own DE."

from moment i saw  relic system its been clear to me...but if game really turn in that direction i would rather play high quality games  and pay if is needed.... warframe dont have real content that is problem..constant nerfs...

19 minutes ago, Necronamasal said:

Alright so i hope people see this and realize that its 6/12 hours for ONE PERSON FARMING so having a group doing it cuts that time down by 4.

math: 258x20 is 5160 and this is the math for a single person doing this farm so  4 people doing it would obviously cut the time down majorly

258x4 is 1032 SO THATS 4 RUNS MY GOD LOOK AT THAT BASIC MATH COME ON PEOPLE PLEASE.

42 minutes ago, PoopManZ said:

Forcing a 100% perfect raid like setup with no diversity for 6 hours, just for one meh weapon isnt really my idea of engaging gameplay. Its different than just paying play to avoid time, "grinding" should be somewhat interesting in itself. But you really cant defend going this crazy barring peoples frame choices just to unlock the BP of one weapon, that's insane.

The current state of clan health in Warframe is in no position for DE to demand this. One weapon isnt going to suddenly fix all the problems of why theres awful member retention in the first place. Thats the one reason people are so pissed off about this. Getting enough players to actively play to even get to the position of doing this to not be "the not healthy" kind of grind is a seperate game in itself. It goes beyond the barrier of PayToSaveTime.

The game is not helping clans to be inticing enough to have WoW levels of thousands of active healthy guilds/clans that DE wants with this. Actually stuff like this actually actively works against helping clans keep players active. No one likes being forced into cookie cutter setups for hours just for some weapon they dont even care about.

1 hour ago, CelticMoss said:

Yes let's do one mission for 12 hours

34 minutes ago, Tyrian3k said:

This is the case for many clans, though. Very often, only a small portion of clan members ends up doing the majority of contributions.

Many clans are nowhere near their player cap and most of them have lots of inactive or casual players that won't or can't contribute.

1 hour ago, Irorone said:

So basically a day and a half of an actual job.

I realize that warframe has almost always had the money for less waiting in place but that margin between FTP and plat seems to be getting bigger.

Please read the top quote

also with 4 people running this it would roughly take 2hrs 

10 minutes ago, Necronamasal said:

Actually the reddit post, mentions that 4 tenno, with looting abilities, smeeta resources doubler ability, and both resources boosters took 6.66 hrs. in a bit more that 20 missions of 20 waves.

26 minutes ago, Necronamasal said:

I'm effectively a one man clan so having four coordinated people would make jack all difference for me on that count.  Now consider that some people are part of dead moon clans.  Also that's 6 1/2 hours with an optimal farming party AND a booster.  So yeah, since I refuse to buy shortcuts for things I can earn through play a day and a half of an actual job would be the playtime required, or ya know actually sinking actual money into the game which I've already done twice.

9 minutes ago, Pavelord said:

Actually the reddit post, mentions that 4 tenno, with looting abilities, smeeta resources doubler ability, and both resources boosters took 6.66 hrs. in a bit more that 20 missions of 20 waves.

hmm alright so in the post it says "Yeah, spend 80p on boosters, get the most loot drop additions possible, and then go run ODD to 20 waves, 20.66 times, at 242 Samples per run, which take ~20 minutes each to hit 5k from 0. Total of 6.66 hours of maximum-loot-possible farming. Fitting, although not quite "a few" " ok so if we look at how much they get roughly per run its 242!

so lets do math agian

242x4 is 968 so thats 6 runs to get to a total of 5808

remember that its 242 per person so if your farming optimally you get x4 of that

1 minute ago, Irorone said:

I'm effectively a one man clan so having four coordinated people would make jack all difference for me on that count.  Now consider that some people are part of dead moon clans.  Also that's 6 1/2 hours with an optimal farming party AND a booster.  So yeah, since I refuse to buy shortcuts for things I can earn through play a day and a half of an actual job would be the playtime required, or ya know actually sinking actual money into the game which I've already done twice.

being in a dead clan is your own fault not DE's your only hurting yourself 

13 minutes ago, Necronamasal said:

being in a dead clan is your own fault not DE's your only hurting yourself 

One man GHOST clan.  So literally the only one "hurting me" is DE with these resource costs based on, by DE's own admission, a completely full and active clan.

They said 500 per member of a ghost clan.  Well since I'm part of a one man ghost clan DE's pretty full of it right now.

Also if you decide to say something along the lines of "well you should've joined a more active clan" well guess what?  I made said one man clan after the first one I was a part of died.

Edited by Irorone

15 minutes ago, Irorone said:

One man GHOST clan.  So literally the only one "hurting me" is DE with these resource costs based on, by DE's own admission, a completely active clan.

They said 500 per member of a ghost clan.  Well since I'm part of a one man ghost clan DE's pretty full of it right now.

A ghost clan is a max of 10 people so 500 per is enough. clan research is designed around multiple people contributing  so yes you being on your own and trying to build something that is meant for more then 1 person is hurting yourself

You could try joining a clan that is currently active

Edited by Necronamasal