Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank 17 - Please Nerf

JawnHenry

I would to put in a request to have Master Rank 17 nerfed and timer extended a bit.  I tried the practice round with Ember, sprint speed at 1.43 and World on Fire active and was unable to complete after 9 attempts.  I just don't see how it is possible to sprint fast enough to get to the orbs and extend the timer.  This is especially true with the orb spawns on another level which btw is also had to tell even from the map.

Thanks.

Inaros, no powers, using Karak Wraith (w/Riven) and Galatine Prime. Completed on first try.

The timer could stand to be more forgiving. I was constantly fluctuating between ~15s and ~9s remaining. Even without such a change, this test is definitely possible.

41 minutes ago, JawnHenry said:

I would to put in a request to have Master Rank 17 nerfed and timer extended a bit.  I tried the practice round with Ember, sprint speed at 1.43 and World on Fire active and was unable to complete after 9 attempts.  I just don't see how it is possible to sprint fast enough to get to the orbs and extend the timer.  This is especially true with the orb spawns on another level which btw is also had to tell even from the map.

Thanks.

try it with volt... grakata....just pay attentetion where will next orb spawn and quickly  go for it.. once u build up timer.. its easy to kill mobs

Edited by ashrah

12 minutes ago, Spookmineer said:

Second time, I focussed on the timer and getting the orbs, while killing the enemies was a secondary object. There was plenty of time left.

This is my experience as well.  Prioritize orbs as soon as they show up, and get kills as available. Easy win and no cheese required

• 2 weeks later...

Crappy part is waiting 24 hrs feeling all sense of fail. Its not the test that needs nerfing its the wait to try again imo. Like once every 6 hrs seems reasonable, 24 seems too much of a drag. 

Note: People will say well gives you time to practice in Dojo. Well not all that simple, I failed cuz I fell off ledge which in a test like this its an auto-fail because the seconds wasted for the mechanic to put you back on the tile. Also don't need 24 hrs to train for a 30sec test.

stop shaming yourself with this threads about difficulty of MR tests. too much ppl start to complain, when meets any additional conditions, as for me

if test don't requires any effort what it proves then?

Edited by Vilmera

53 minutes ago, (PS4)dursereg said:

Wait till you get the Mr 23 test or the arching fly throw the hoops vs test.

As well as the MR21 test which is the slightly more difficult version of MR17 test.

OP, like others said focus on the orbs and kill the enemies as you move to the next orb.  I didn't use WoF Ember for my tests, but I don't see why that wouldn't work.  Using AoE weapons like Ignis or weapons with syndicate proc and melee weapon with long reach should help.  If you think speed is the problem, go with fast frames with AoE damage, like Nezha and his Firewalker, and do more bullet jumps if you need to get to higher level.  Some people said don't bother with practicing, but I found it useful because it helped me learn the map layout as well as the orb placement.  

6 hours ago, Bruiserdog30 said:

Crappy part is waiting 24 hrs feeling all sense of fail. Its not the test that needs nerfing its the wait to try again imo. Like once every 6 hrs seems reasonable, 24 seems too much of a drag. 

Note: People will say well gives you time to practice in Dojo. Well not all that simple, I failed cuz I fell off ledge which in a test like this its an auto-fail because the seconds wasted for the mechanic to put you back on the tile. Also don't need 24 hrs to train for a 30sec test.

Go to the Cephalon Simaris room-- off to the side are Mastery Icons. Go find the one associated with the rank you're aiming for-- practice the test. practice the test. practice the test.

Once you feel like you can pass it in a single go-- Qualify (actually take the test.)

Practice won't advance your Mastery Rank-- but you can do it repeatedly until you've mastered the test.

No more waiting 24 hours.

Profit$

6 hours ago, ViS4GE said:

You must be doing something seriously wrong. Best advice I could give you is to watch some youtube video of it and replicate it.

Well actually been practicing to be honest I think the test is unfair, because not everyone gets the same MR 17 test, its a test Player vs RNG of orbs. After practicing several times, you might get good runs of orbs close by or next run too far apart. So its basically a coin toss test which kind of sucks since if you get a crappy one and you fail it another 24hrs, Also the mission is bugged, something doesn't add up when you are suppose to kill 30 and you do and succeed and says you killed 23. 

Note: This is test going from MR16 to MR17

Edited by Bruiserdog30

Well got an update: After hours of practicing this test, I retook it and passed. How I did it was went with Ember Prime strength and range for WoF with speed mods. When you drop in, drop an energy capsule right off the bat get 25 quick energy, head for the orbs, kill a couple orbs then turn on WoF let them npc's get in there since start theres only a couple, make sure you shoot the healers otherwise WoF is worthless. Just keep heading for the orbs.

Ember Prime Setup for this was: Sprint Boost 3, Intensify 5, Speed Drift 5, Transient Fortitude 10, Armored Agility 5, Rush 5, Streamline 5, Stretch 5

Weapons: Soma Prime (didn't use), Akstiletto  Prime (worked great against healers) and Dragon Nikana (for Melee, make sure you have some range on melee make it easier to tap those orbs.

Take Excalibur, mod for efficiency and flow only, with intensify. Nothing else.

With your mod points left over you'll have enough energy to start off and keep going. 

Use blade waves to hit orbs at range and through walls. It will still be tough, but as long as you have parkour and timing pinned down with knowledge of where orbs for you'll be able to get through with practice. Balance killing enemies and popping orbs-you'll need to have an estimate of how much time popping orbs gives you and offsets the countdown.