Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How popular is Loki?

(PSN)CaptainIMalik

There used to be a huge ordeal on the forums of people saying, "loki master race," a couple years back. I dunno if that's still around, but "rogue" characters are always the most popular in RPGs. I don't know why, but it's something I noticed. Loki is a pretty decent frame, but luckily they added the hyekka masters who can see through his invisibility because he trivialized too much content. He's still what I would call a Tier 1 frame along with Nyx, Vauban, Frost, Nova, and Trinity. All six of those frames can trivialize the vast majority of the game's content.

He's just Nyx who can go invisible (basically Second Dream system and using Chaos).

But outside of that, some people like Loki because they're lazy, others dislike him (like me) because most of them are REALLY unhelpful most times and end up being hallway heroes 40 miles away with 4 Napalms, 8 Scorpions, 9 Bombards, 10 Hyekka Masters, and at least 3 Scorches if you find where they went down.

1 hour ago, (PS4)CaptainIMalik said:

Even with my short time playing Warframe (40+ days), I consider Loki the true poster boy of Warframe and Excalibur the figurehead.

How popular is Loki? I've heard he got taken out as a starter frame because everyone was choosing him. 

He is the quintessential "Game Circumvention Frame".

If you like that playstyle or your squad needs survivability, great.

If they need firepower or Squad integration...ehhhh, not so much.

Once upon a time, before nullifiers, a radial disarm loki and a slow nova could turn void survivals into a walk in the park. Crawling disarmed enemies...

Loki is supposed to control the battlefield. Stay invisible, place decoy, disarm with augment. Blow the group. Swith teleport vip target. Reach vantage points etc

Edited by (PS4)lhbuch

Well, Loki Master Race, there's very few missions where a Loki wouldn't shine; I've never been in love with him but still I end up using the frame quite often. 

That said, he was removed from the starter frames because everyone who picked him up struggled a lot using him properly, for obvious reasons(frame squishy as f**k + poor core mods availability = madness); that's also the reason why he became the "master race", mainly because if you ended up enjoying him and using him properly as a starter frame despite the clear disadvantages you could call yourself a pro and unleash his undeniable power and usefulness. 

So it's quite the opposite, back in the day Loki was not the popular choice, it was the hardest path, though highly rewarding for those who survived; he was an advanced frame placed erroneously in newbies hands. 

Edited by siralextraffo

He is my second most used frame and the second most useful frame in the game besides Frost.  Invisibility borders on game breaking and he is the best invisible frame.  Squishiness doesn't matter if you never get hit.  Then on top of that he gets an amazing crowd control power.

He is popular.  I see him all the time in sortie spy with randoms.  For really high level stuff, Nyx has better crowd control only because you can focus your Nyx build on Chaos only and make it cheaper to spam with more range.

3 hours ago, NativeKiller said:

Loki is good... Like really good.

Go invisible, teleport around everywhere, disarm your enemies and make them kill each other...

He is simply very, very good at what he does.

Chaos (Sphere) > Irradiating Disarm. If you want them to kill each other, don't take away their weapons.

Spoiler

Besides, do War Within, you can suddenly do what Loki [or Nova] does and Teleport/Wormhole yourself away with anyone.

9 hours ago, (PS4)Foxkid_8 said:

Chaos (Sphere) > Irradiating Disarm. If you want them to kill each other, don't take away their weapons.

Reveal hidden contents

Besides, do War Within, you can suddenly do what Loki [or Nova] does and Teleport/Wormhole yourself away with anyone.

I agree with what you say but I meant that Loki can do all these things by himself.

Go invisible, teleport, disarm and make enemies fight each other, all of them.

Edited by NativeKiller