The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Say what you think Warframe needs

DerkmeisterPrime

49 minutes ago, DiabolicalHamSandwich said:

Welp let's start with a simple one.

Scarfs. This game needs flowing scarfs. 

Excal Umbra showed that they can and have done it.

Djinn Gazal skin showed that the idea looks badass period. 

We are badass, we are space ninjas, endgame is fashion frame yet we have no scarfs. It makes no sense! All they have to do is make it so that it looks more like the gazal one vs the umbra and just like that. Fashion just rose to a whole nother lvl. 

Good to know I am not the only one who wants a scarf for my warframes <3

11 hours ago, Vox_Preliator said:

Complete removal of Rivens and rebalance of the gear Rivens were intended to fix.

Removing Rivens at this point is pointless (specially if I already break my back trying to farm for them and get the kuva for them).

What DE should do is buff the weapons not even riven mods can help them (I am looking at you my dear Tysis, you are a fun weapon but crap endgame weapon even with op riven). Don't forget the snipers, snipers need a buff vs bubbles and nullifiers.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Coyote_x_Starrk said:

Warframe needs separate trading tabs for different items. 

Not everything piled into one tab

Tabs will turn into a mess. I believe they should make maroo bazzar more useful and implement something like the Warframemarket.com

You can leave the weapon / mod / blueprint / etc in the bazzar with the price you want for it. Come back later and see if it was sold.

Also add in the bazzar the true price for the blueprint you are trying to sell so we don't have to open warframemarket.com to know how much does it cost a simple chassy.

Just now, NecromancerX69 said:

Tabs will turn into a mess. I believe they should make maroo bazzar more useful and implement something like the Warframemarket.com

You can leave the weapon / mod / blueprint / etc in the bazzar with the price you want for it. Come back later and see if it was sold.

Also add in the bazzar the true price for the blueprint you are trying to sell so we don't have to open warframemarket.com to know how much does it cost a simple chassy.

No. 

The moment they implement any kind of Auction House or anything similar is the day I stop playing Warframe. 

We need big weapons.

And scarfs with weapons attached to them.

I want a stance mod so i cant fight like the Ballerina Atlas alwaya couldve been.

I want to stick 4 grakatas on my riven Zarr.

Why wont DE let me stick simulors in my Twin-Zarr-Katas.

Why cant Dragon Nikana actually fire Chromas...or at least another Nikana.

Edited by (PS4)psycofang

Oh surprise it's another meta *@##&#036; thread for Nidus.

Welp I'll play this straight and actually answer the original question instead of being petty.

• Stat system presented in-game needs an overhaul. I want to know exactly how much more crit damage I could be getting with bladed rounds without being forced to have to look it up on the wiki. Same with any other variable stat that doesn't show. Some in-depth on-screen info about armor or elemental resistances than this awful guessing game we're all subjected to.
  • Some actual work done to the focus system instead of piling another useless system on top of it. I honestly don't care if my character is grimdark edgelord or a lawful goody two-shoes. It has zero effect on gameplay which could not be said about the stellar introduction of focus last year which is now draped in cobwebs.
  • An actual system in the simulcrum to test weapon damage. Recording weapon damage on the side rather than flashing it for a milisecond, and an option to freeze enemies for even more precision testing.
  • Reviewing alternate paths on old tilesets. It's always the same path each and every single time. Why even have a dynamic system in place for creating levels if it never takes advantage of it in any meaningful way?
  • Caps. Enemy levels, weapons stats, etc. Rivens can have all the crazy stats they want but if there were pre-set caps there would still be some semblance of balance. Warframes already have caps on certain stats like efficiency only goes up to 175%. And being shut down about enemy balance by saying they can go up to lvl 999989 it makes it difficult to maintain any sense of direction DE may be trying to go with that elephant in the room.
  • Clan rework. They're glorified clubhouses right now. And individual participation when it comes to larger clans only magnifies work when not all member can't or won't  participate. No solo options. Can't join multiple clans. Alliances could be expanded on an individual level.
  • Arcanes need more drop locations.
  • Trials are glorified switch standing simulators. I didn't fully spec out my character to just stand around.
  • Focus gains are favored towards groups leaving solo in the dust. An extra system needs to be added like the fissure reactant buff.
  • Focus passives need to activate immediately when the game starts and not get wiped out when the host leaves a game.
  • Archwing/sharkwing need more wide open tilesets to take advantage of their movement system and space. Let me attack a submarine or a spaceship. Something interesting without constantly bumping into S#&amp;&#036;. It isn't fun.
  • Old archwing movement for less open spaces. Flipping yourself reverses the minimap which is incredibly disorienting and wasn't designed for it. 
  • More varied legendary drops like an every polarity forma or a sugatra or emblem/sigil. Bling skin. I dunno.
  • Air support part of the arsenal. Why is it still in a separate menu? Also buff the Scimitar. Tickle bombing is still stupid.
  • Syndicate support in single player. They send death squads all the time, how bout they help me out once in awhile? Having 1 specter ain't enough.
  • Doors less reliant on host connection. Still waiting for it to open.
  • etc.

20 hours ago, HerpDerpy said:

thats what DE_Steve is doing. he said hopefully for all of 2017 he will be streaming every Saturday/sunday so he can get a better grasp of the game as a player and not a dev.

Really?

Haven't heard this myself, yet if this is the case, thank you Devs for being so cool, as you're willing to get down to our level to truly understand some things better.

Hopefully this means that they'll have a better understanding of some farming mechanics in the game to not repeat another Hema situation.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Graysmog said:

Really?

Haven't heard this myself, yet if this is the case, thank you Devs for being so cool, as you're willing to get down to our level to truly understand some things better.

Hopefully this means that they'll have a better understanding of some farming mechanics in the game to not repeat another Hema situation.

ya. although you can really see him struggling not to be a dev when hes playing :P

always taking screen caps and notes about what he wants to change and improve.

Heavier feel and movement similar to that of gears of war or mass effect. Less but more varied enemies that prove a challenge regardless of level. Implementation of tactics and cover. Overall just an overhaul of the game because i hate the movement system. You can cheese through levels and never spend time to appreciate the copypaste detail put into tilesets.

Less grind. Just because the game is free doesn't justify the immense amount of grinding. Make the game fun, not tedious. It's so repetitive that we, or i, completely ignore the level detail.

But DE will never read this. They're very nice and shiny upfront in streams, but if you spend time to see through them. it's different.

Remember that thread that called out against the devs a couple of days ago? It went hot, 6pages+, and now its erased from the website completely.

Edited by Teadude

I think what Warframe kinda needs is for the main dev team, or at least the heads of departments, to make entirely new, entirely anonymous accounts, form a Ghost Clan, and play their way through the whole game, to complete the main quests, build a Dojo, fill the Clan Research, and do it all without spending more than twenty or so dollars a head on Platinum or accepting gifts from the rest of the player community.

Off the top of my head?

1) shield gates

2) better trade system

3) armor scaling for warframes

4) revamp to sentinels

5) nidus scaling mechanics/ideas applied to all frames.

6) faster holstering time by default.

7) more user friendly overall for newer players.

8) corpus faction rework.

9) ancients need to telegraph their aura better.

10) smarter AI.

On 1/2/2017 at 6:34 AM, Deidaku said:

Exactly there is too little middle ground!

At some point , some frame and weapons are usless while others can destroy everything.

Aren't sorties a middle ground? The enemies aren't complete pushovers and most of my weapons can do enough damage to be viable. 

• 4 weeks later...

Collecting:
Quite a bit of Warframe is just farming / building / collecting all of the Warframes and Gear, but there isn't any way to get extra Warframe slots and inventory slots naturally without spending plat. This can be a hurdle that negatively impacts the experience for new players.

With that in mind that there should be a bank system in the Liset that lets you stash unused gear and warframes, and then a set of Liset decorations / holographic stands and racks that let you display your stored gear around your ship. You get to display all of that badass looking gear you collected even though it's not what you're using in your load outs at the moment. It could be restricted so that you get the module after profile rank 2 and the number of bank slots for gear would scale with mastery rank,  and I don't think there should be any credit cost. Just like the friendly warning you see when using a mod on 2x things you have equipped at the same time, you should get a referential "X is equipped on ___, Are you sure?" when trying to bank something that's set as one of your loadouts. Should be able to trade from bank, and likewise build foundry using items in your bank, so if you want to build Aklex Prime using a Lex Prime from your storage + the one you just built that's in your regular inventory you can do it.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rivens:
As other people have said when re-rolling Riven Mods we should be able to spend Kuva to lock a specific trait or traits, and then just reroll the other unwanted traits. Increased Kuva cost with when locking something in, but it would give the whole thing a clearer progression path and be more effective overall.

Riven mods should have more modifiers and also some should be more interesting that numbers. Things like:
"Replace secondary fire with (Sticky timed nade shot /  Charged beam shot / Deploy shock trap / Flamethrower / Mini seeker missiles / Deploy this as turret / etc)" at least for rifle rivens

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Foundry:
Foundry should be reworked to not cost credits. I've been trying to get my friends into the game and the credit cost is a hurdle that always negatively impacts the experience of new players. If foundry needs to cost something extra to craft past buying / farming the blueprints then maybe something similar to the Mods rework where ranking up costs Endo would be the solution. Building items at the foundry could have a new universal "Micropart Array" resource you can build first (maybe 1 min build time, 400 salvage + 300 alloy plate + 100 ferrite),  or also still straight up buy from the market for equivalent credits, and also farm. Each 1 unit of the new resource "Micropart Array" could be = 5K credits, so to build a new gun for 30K would be 6 of it. New players would start the game with ~10 "Micropart Array" or whatever is enough to craft a few things without needing to put a quest on hold to grind out credits to build something. It really interrupts the flow of the game and hurts the experience.

The current invisible tax man that you have to feed in order to be able to build something in your own foundry on your own stinking ship when you already farmed the blueprints and the resources and the parts doesn't make sense.

Trading:
For new players performing first time trades they find the fact that trading shreds your credits is the most unexpected roadblock.

What's up with the restrictions on what can and can't be traded? I can currently trade my spare anti-toxins from the Circero Crisis event, but not my spare Strun Wraith. What's the deal with that? Also not being able to trade non-prime Warframes and gear is frustrating - does fighting Tyl Regor an extra 17x just to RNG into that last remaining Equinox part when you have every single other part already really improve the experience of the game?

Edited by TetraTimboman