Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove the Infested Cyst

acehalk

14 hours ago, TennoPain said:

Ok i like fassion frame but enough is f ing enough ffs (stop with the nidus posts) DE steve said its gonan be fixed so chill.

As I've been saying for days now, the DE staff are personally lovely people, but in terms of managing and developing the game over the past few months, they just keep dropping the ball. This entire infection event resulted in players having a copypasted grineer model on a Kubrow skeleton foisted upon them, and that was the big surprise. The most recent tweet which I've seen from Steve is that they're absolutely going to allow draining the cyst to eventually function as a 'cure', and that ideally there'll be a better system to follow this up with....and they're still brewing ideas for it.

In other words, they don't actually have a concrete plan for this, they were always intending to wing it. 

Please understand that I am not attacking the devs, but I am criticising them. The players need to hold their feet to the fire a little bit, make them get their sh*it together.

I have a feeling Darvo might pop in with a cure to the Cyst, citing some everyday generic cleaner product he uses everyday and offers you a deal for it. :D

You can already imagine how the transmission feed is going.

"Hey Tenno, I heard you had some sort of cyst problem, if you wanted a cure, why didn't you just say so?"

Edited by (XB1)calvina

12 minutes ago, (Xbox One)calvina said:

I have a feeling Darvo might pop in with a cure to the Cyst, citing some everyday generic cleaner product he uses everyday and offers you a deal for it. :D

You can already imagine how the transmission feed is going.

"Hey Tenno, I heard you had some sort of cyst problem, if you wanted a cure, why didn't you just say so?"

"Ha, no need to be embarrassed, everyone gets it eventually!"

What bothers me about this cyst is that the only way to drain it is to let it grow for 7 days and then use it, an egg/incubator power core, and grow another pet abomination.  Why should I be forced to put that much effort into popping a pimple?  Especially if I don't care for kubrows/kavats, now I have to regularly acquire and build those things just to get this lump off my neck.  And then I've got one growing on multiple frames at a time, can only grow one Charger at a time, why is it so time consuming to get rid of something so obnoxious?

The best part is that right after I drain it, I can go contract it again.  Like, I really don't understand what DE was thinking.  

Rant incoming. Note: I saw Steve's post, but I also see a lot of comment from people that don't understand the situation(or just are trolling us).Either way here I go.

Picture this. You walk into a bakery. The cashier tells you that all the cakes are free but you must pay money if you want to customize it with cosmetics that do not change how it will taste. You decide to pick one up. It is the flavor you wanted but it looks rather bland so you end up buying the cosmetic additions to that cake. With your cake in hand(made just the way you want it), you walk outside and a random stranger puts a giant pinkish cyst(made from the same ingredients of your cake) on it. "It does not change what the cake tastes like and it wont make you sick," The stranger said. "If you let it grow for about a week it will become a "kub"cake that is a poorly made rehash of an item you rarely even use"(because no vacuum). On top of that it grows and pulsates as if it is sentient. "It's not my fault you were infected. Someone gave it to me." He continued. 

What is your first reaction? Disgust? Anger? Confusion? That is not what you paid for. You go back to the bakery and get a new cake with a different flavor and cosmetic additions. You walk outside and it happens AGAIN! 

Wouldn't you also be angry or upset that the cake you bought is altered with something that looks gross without your consent? Perhaps you would be angry if you knew that the cashier that sold the cake to you planned for this to happen all along.

I just bought cosmetics for my frost prime, one of my favorite frames. It was just the way I wanted it. MY frost and ember are now infected and must stay that way until my nekros' cyst becomes a charger (that I will rank up to 30 and then never use it again). Then I have to wait a week and sacrifice a kubrow egg for every newly infected frame, to remove it to only be reinfected once I go into a public room? And you can only hold 1 egg at a time! ONE EGG! Now I have to farm for eggs? For a cosmetic change that I didn't ask for? Ridiculous.

TL:DR Cosmetics are used to change the appearance of a warframe so that you, the player, can tailor it according to your preference. Why would DE create a system that undermines the player's choice? "You want to look like a badass space ninja and will pay real money for it? Well, here is your syandana and pulsating thyroid cancer." I just want the thing off. I didn't choose to be infected.

If I wanted to be infected, I would sit in the chair and I would be patient for it to go away. BUT I DIDN'T SIT IN THE CHAIR! Don't force it on me. 

Until this is fixed I will only play solo to preserve what I bought with my hard earned money and protect others' frames from being inconvenienced with this cyst,

Edited by Bulletheadp

Ahh, sarcasm.

I'll just settle for the apology they are going to give out for the awful implementation of this whole thing and the promise that follows that apology ensuring us they will never do anything so monumentally moronic again.

47 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

"Ha, no need to be embarrassed, everyone gets it eventually!"

"Just spray it over the affected area and it give it a couple hours, should be as good as new! hah, might give your warframe a polish too!"

C'mon DE, I'm expecting a cheesy corpus cleaning brand in the future to use on our warframes.

Edited by (XB1)calvina

4 minutes ago, Ailissa said:

Ahh, sarcasm.

I'll just settle for the apology they are going to give out for the awful implementation of this whole thing and the promise that follows that apology ensuring us they will never do anything so monumentally moronic again.

While you're waiting, come play Subnautica! It's great, a nice engaging survival game where it's just you, a pair of fins, a breath mask, and a nano-fabricator vs an entire ocean planet.

23 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

While you're waiting, come play Subnautica! It's great, a nice engaging survival game where it's just you, a pair of fins, a breath mask, and a nano-fabricator vs an entire ocean planet.

I have that game, I got it in the Christmas sale.

I haven't played properly yet but I did give free mode a quick go to see what the base building was like and what it looked like swimming around. 

They need to add some more decor items but the scenery is gorgeous. I'll have to give it a proper go.

45 minutes ago, Bulletheadp said:

Picture this. You walk into a bakery.

lol, I'm very sorry and it was amusing to read but you really need to look up the definition of analogy..  A cyst on a cake?  And a Kub-cake?  Come on, man.

53 minutes ago, Bulletheadp said:

Rant incoming. Note: I saw Steve's post, but I also see a lot of comment from people that don't understand the situation(or just are trolling us).Either way here I go.

Picture this. You walk into a bakery. The cashier tells you that all the cakes are free but you must pay money if you want to customize it with cosmetics that do not change how it will taste. You decide to pick one up. It is the flavor you wanted but it looks rather bland so you end up buying the cosmetic additions to that cake. With your cake in hand(made just the way you want it), you walk outside and a random stranger puts a giant pinkish cyst(made from the same ingredients of your cake) on it. "It does not change what the cake tastes like and it wont make you sick," The stranger said. "If you let it grow for about a week it will become a "kub"cake that is a poorly made rehash of an item you rarely even use"(because no vacuum). On top of that it grows and pulsates as if it is sentient. "It's not my fault you were infected. Someone gave it to me." He continued. 

What is your first reaction? Disgust? Anger? Confusion? That is not what you paid for. You go back to the bakery and get a new cake with a different flavor and cosmetic additions. You walk outside and it happens AGAIN! 

Wouldn't you also be angry or upset that the cake you bought is altered with something that looks gross without your consent? Perhaps you would be angry if you knew that the cashier that sold the cake to you planned for this to happen all along.

I just bought cosmetics for my frost prime, one of my favorite frames. It was just the way I wanted it. MY frost and ember are now infected and must stay that way until my nekros' cyst becomes a charger (that I will rank up to 30 and then never use it again). Then I have to wait a week and sacrifice a kubrow egg for every newly infected frame, to remove it to only be reinfected once I go into a public room? And you can only hold 1 egg at a time! ONE EGG! Now I have to farm for eggs? For a cosmetic change that I didn't ask for? Ridiculous.

TL:DR Cosmetics are used to change the appearance of a warframe so that you, the player, can tailor it according to your preference. Why would DE create a system that undermines the player's choice? "You want to look like a badass space ninja and will pay real money for it? Well, here is your syandana and pulsating thyroid cancer." I just want the thing off. I didn't choose to be infected.

If I wanted to be infected, I would sit in the chair and I would be patient for it to go away. BUT I DIDN'T SIT IN THE CHAIR! Don't force it on me. 

Until this is fixed I will only play solo to preserve what I bought with my hard earned money and protect others' frames from being inconvenienced with this cyst,

no, because this isn't a bakery, and instead a video game. Maybe it's only because i've had to deal with life situations that exceed the levels of severity regarding "but muh color scheme" due to military service and wartime deployment, but something as minuscule as a thing thats growing on my warframes neck, in a position i'm not going to see very often due to you know, gameplay and the camera typically being oriented behind the warframe rates exceptionally low on the bothersome scale.

essentially, if something this minute gets people in a huff, then i'm glad that they aren't or haven't adopted any actual important roles in society, I.E. Law enforcement, fire department, military or medical service, etc.

it's one thing to be displeased by a temporary situation. it's an entirely different beast all together when people are losing their minds over the relatively insignificant.

Edited by ObviousLee

IF all the "cure" they give us tomorrow is draining the cyst over and over there's still going to be a lot of forum posts asking them to give us a more permanent solution. 

I guess now we begin the waiting game.

*and here I do also mean "over and over" as in" on every frame I own as they get it" not just "drain once to a charger and then immune".

With 30 Frames you'd have to go thru the whole drain process 30 times.

if that process is "make and discard a charge" that's going to get super expensive super fast. Which means salt levels will still be high.

So I really hope we do get an actual Cure tomorrow.

Anyhow, guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Cheers.
~R~

11 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

Yeah... let's look at it.
DE says their game is in Beta which means they are changing things constantly.
If someone has a problem with such a small thing as the cyst and isn't even patient enugh to wait for some changes, it is certain such a person will leave the game with the next change not wanted by him or her.
It's pretty wrong to think DE has to appeal to everyone and anyone. That's like saying Facebook has to appeal to people without access to the internet because Facebook is a company.
Sure thing DE should work at the problem. I never said they shouldn't. But people don't want to give DE some time. I said it already: One big thread about the problem is enough. There is no reason whatsoever to open 10 threads every day. (Oh and I wish there were just 10 threads every day. But there are far more)

Please don't go with the "It's Beta" thing.  Getting on the four year anniversary and one of the largest free to play games in the industry, and on Steam, and we're really gonna go all beta on this as if that's even a real thing at this point?  They could call it pre-alpha if they really wanted to, that wouldn't make it true.

My previous post pointed out the content that DE makes.  I didn't make it up, nor even pretend that it is what I'd have done in their shoes.  The honest truth is that they make cosmetic products as their primary source of gameplay and have now made a negative cosmetic without including the ability to not use it, once obtained.  It's not as if DE is unaware of the previous content they've released, how it is consumed, what makes them money, and so on.

Please understand that I, personally, do not disagree with the core essence of what you're believing here.  Patience is a virtue, and no, players clearly do not want to wait.  DE should have exercised this virtue and not released Nidus without the entire story that allowed players to both get their little pimple and get rid of it.  It is not the players that dropped the ball here, it's not the players that are impatient, nor entitled, etc, etc.

DE impatiently released yet another divisive item(to meet a Christmas break deadline, obviously) after a string of divisive items, as if they are entitled to release unfinished and potentially unpopular items, foist them on virtually everyone, and retain their customer base  It's like a great TV series that turns weird and dumb after a few seasons so people start tuning out.  The ones that turn it around and get back to what people where tuning in for succeed, the ones that continue down that road lose their viewership and turn into water cooler talk about "Yeah, I watched that till it started turning dumb". 

It's not too late to turn it around.  The core is still there.  And yes, every single topic on the forum being about sortie rewards, cysts, and the other small handful of bad decisions does get tired.  It's also very illuminating---if these little things got addressed at their core, learned from so as not to be revisited, and subsequently went away, things get better.  For now, the ten posts a day kind of need to happen.  DE needs to listen to its customer base, and in this instance needs to learn the most important thing it can from it---if you release an alignment changing cosmetic(both gameplay and appearance happens here), start finishing the job before putting it on the players so that they can continue to have their choice.  It doesn't have to please everyone and I don't believe they should even try, but the reality is that the finished product is, apparently, designed to go in that direction because an actual cure is coming.  It should have been put together into one package, it'd have avoided virtually all of this.

I'm verry pissed off about it. I shouldn't have to make an army of damn chargers to get this pink s*&#t off the neck of the appearance I threw my money at...

Agree @ them at least letting us fking hide it. For real you'd think this is rocket science.