The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove the Infested Cyst

acehalk

This topic is hilariously sad. I know Fashion Frame is end game but if your idea of fun is simply making your infested puppet look good and stand around for hours at the relays... then I hope these things stay on your neck for all eternity. Besides, definition of beauty and fashion are BS.

4 hours ago, ShadowFox14 said:

Did they say that there will be a cure? Steve only said that there is a final stage to it. That's it.
And yes, it's a game, BUT: people payed real money so their frames can look the way they want them to look. This cyst ruins it completely.

This whole thing about the Helminth charger is an unfinished thing as it is now.
I mean, an infested GRINEER that comes out of a KUBROW EGG that was infused with an infested cyst that was sucking out your frame's infested tissue. Lore-wise, logic-wise, biology-wise, everything-wise it's a total bs.
And this thing: you get infected by any means, you will stay infected, even if you drain the cyst. It will just grow back like nothing happened. I currently have 15 frames infected.1 So in order to make it go away for 1 day I would need to make 15 chargers every single week. And then it grows back next day. Awesome.

Also, if they wanted to make a cure to begin with, why did they release this half-assed, unfinished content without the cure? I mean, we waited 11 months since the Second Dream for the War Within, we could've waited another few weeks for Nidus...

Hi there! Resident Lore-Hound Lee reporting to inform you of why the Helminth Charger being a Grineer is A-OK, based on the lore.

See, the infestation doesn't work the way you think it works, or at least how you present your understanding of the infestation in this quoted post. Allow me to lift the veil.

The infestation, irregardless of distance, is connected via a hive mind. This hive mind, is capable of transmitting and receiving genetic information over great distances. The infestation is also capable of incorporating new genetic information to create entities on a mass scale, regardless of initial location of the new source of information.

Here, lemme give you an example.

Lets say a Comba(unit currently existing without any infested variant.) were infested on jupiter during an outbreak. We're speaking lore wise, not game mechanics here, so lets keep that in mind while reading this. That comba's infested form, as it's new information, is now incorporated within the hive mind. New, useful information has been effectively added to the infestations arsenal, and then could be implemented on say, mars in a future outbreak.

What this means, is that if some new, beneficial information is assimilated into the infestations hive mind "database", it can be deployed to any other location that the infestation presently is located as the infested units act as roaming hubs for information to be passed along. Think of it as a solar system spanning neural network(horrifying, isn't it?).

Evidence of this is present in the Ancient Healer codex entry, as well as Patient Zero quest line in which Alad V augmented the infestation and resulted in the Mutalist Strain(as seen in the Jordas Verdict/Precept) which gave rise to the infested osprey and moas. So, what we can see from this is that the infestation incorporates information via genetic material that it finds useful and then is capable of using that new information as a form of blueprint for a unit to be constructed in real time at another location, as seen by boilers.

Now onto Nidus and the cyst. Nidus, being a master of a singular strain of the infestation(Helminth) goes out on missions and....well....kinda kills stuff with the infestation. These kills can be considered collection of raw genetic data that he is able to transmit to other warframes, as well as filter into a kubrow egg. Now, we know that the infestation works by overriding currently existing genetic code and by warping existing material, be it organic or not, with its own set of genetics. Kubrow eggs are, as most other eggs, holders of raw genetic material that is a baseline for the species. Injecting the material from the cyst into the egg overrides the preexisting genetic information with that of a charger. The information for said charger can be validated by a single grineer kill.

Also consider this: When you gain a kubrow egg, it comes from a feral kubrow. Ferals look almost nothing like our common breeds that we obtain from the incubator due to the fact that we override the ferals DNA structure with that of a breed from a long gone era, hence the DNA degradation. We already are performing controlled genetic mutation and adaptation through the form of breeding and DNA templates for patterns and the like. Meaning it's no stretch to say that adding the cyst's information to the mix is simply another form of genetic manipulation, only from a different source than the Orokin who had created/domesticated the species.

I hope this clears things up for you as to how it makes sense for the Helminth Charger to exist.

Edited by ObviousLee

Feeling the same way.  I mostly have no interest in Nidus, at least not right now, and I tend to purchase large blocks of Platinum at a time, every so often and then spend it to help with research and cosmetic stuff.  I'm not especially amused to find that two of my favourite-looking warframes now have an ugly growth, that I didn't ask for, have no interest in, and cannot remove except at significant unwanted expense.

Incidentally, I play mostly solo, anyway (aye, I'm one of those) and certainly don't recall being grouped with a Nidus, so I have no idea how it came to infect not one but two of my warframes, without my intent.

I'm not even terribly interested in the infested weapons, etc (power to you, if you are, choices are what make the game interesting), so really, I just want a way to get rid of it that doesn't cost me real money, or huge amounts of resources that I don't currently have.

5 minutes ago, Gaidheal said:

Feeling the same way.  I mostly have no interest in Nidus, at least not right now, and I tend to purchase large blocks of Platinum at a time, every so often and then spend it to help with research and cosmetic stuff.  I'm not especially amused to find that two of my favourite-looking warframes now have an ugly growth, that I didn't ask for, have no interest in, and cannot remove except at significant unwanted expense.

Incidentally, I play mostly solo, anyway (aye, I'm one of those) and certainly don't recall being grouped with a Nidus, so I have no idea how it came to infect not one but two of my warframes, without my intent.

I'm not even terribly interested in the infested weapons, etc (power to you, if you are, choices are what make the game interesting), so really, I just want a way to get rid of it that doesn't cost me real money, or huge amounts of resources that I don't currently have.

every single one of these sentiments.

As for infection method, you can also pick it up from any other player that has it on their frame, it doesn't have to be a Nidus who sat in the space aids chair. You can pick it up on missions, and I believe in the dojo too.

On 12/30/2016 at 10:51 AM, PatternistSlave said:

Yes I know.  This is why I made the topic.  There is nothing even CLOSE to fun or interesting about that scenario.  How many of these things am I making for no reason btw?  How often?  At some point I'm actively avoiding Nidus' to not suffer hassle.  It's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.  Granted it would take a lot to make walking around with a space lesion on my neck for a week worth it, but another crap pet?  Not even close.

I agree, but avoiding Nidus won't help, other infected frames can spread the cyst too.

1 hour ago, kapn655321 said:

2 Hotfixes today, and still nothing.

I guess it's up to Reddit to get DE to pay attention.

The community isn't as angry as when they messed with Vacuum reducing it's range by half. It was a combination of the Reddit and forum community that got their attention and made them swiftly take action and change it. I personally think it's annoyance more than anything because it's unfinished because there's no counter play for it. Also the fact that my pure neutral alignment is now a shade in the moon is annoying as well. It was either from sitting in the chair or infecting another player without me knowing. My Nidus was already infected so just sat in the chair anyways. 

2 minutes ago, UrielColtan said:

I agree, but avoiding Nidus won't help, other infected frames can spread the cyst too.

Your operator can apparently spread it as well because they can get infected. 

Chill out, seriously. It's a golf ball on the neck of your warframes, not the end of the world. Sure, it's pinkish, somewhat visible, and it might hurt your fashion frame by like 4%, but seriously, it has no disavantages, and it'll eventually be curable. Sure hope you guys never develop moles or cysts in real life, otherwise you'll never leave home and die alone from shame or something.

So take the chill pill and relax. Make a new kubrow using the cyst, and wait for the next big update, which will probably give you a cool cinematic quests where you have to cleanse your frames by gathering components to repair the strange med chamber at he back of helminth's room.

I'm guessing that was the whole plan all along... To have an epidemic that basically infects the whole warframe community, then following it by a cinematic experience where you have to find the cure... Honestly, I love where they are going with this, and I feel this does make the game feel more interesting. I mean, after years of walking into infested ships and being unnafected, finally the game aknowledges the theme of contagion and infestation, and all you guys think of is to whine about it.

It's also quite possible that the cyst will actually be useful in the future for more upgrades that just kubrow upgrades... So you might be happy to still have infected frames in a couple of weeks.

In the end, complain about grind, mechanics and whatever you feel will improve warframe, but don't make a mountain about something that does not affect gameplay in any way, about a zit on your warframe. I understand people feel paranoid and don't want "space aids"... But embrace it for a couple of days / weeks until a cure is found.

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra

After the patch today I now have brand new cysts again on frames that I had already drained the cyst, even though I haven't played a single mission and haven't left my Liset in days in fear of getting more stupid cysts. This is beyond aggravating, and is really starting to tick me off.. 

The simplest way I can think of:

Allow any Warframe into the infested room, and allow them to sit in the Helminth chair. Helminth spikes them in the neck, beginning the growth of a new cyst.

Stop cysts from being transferred from contagious Nidus players. Instead, being 'infected' by a contagious Nidus speeds up the growth of the cyst (3 day wait instead of 6?) as long as you've already infected your Warframe in the Helminth chair.

That way, you can deliberately get Cysts to suit certain frames if you like, or to passively grow them to breed more Helminth companions (which I pray to Space Odin DE will change), and it still keeps the 'contagious' vibe of Nidus going.

That was a xmas gift from the lotus, dont be ungrateful:laugh:.

OK was being sarcastic.... being serious it looks awkward yes. I hope this "cyst" "growth" "mud" to be erased very soon.

Very bad idea to mess with the aesthetics of the warframes in a forced manner.

Greetings Tennos!

I'd be happy with this because I don't even want this ugly cyst on my warframes. It's getting all over them and I DON'T play games with other players enough to get them on warframes that have them. I mean I got one on Excalibur and that's from someone who had Nidus, but now Nova has it, from solo play.

In other words, I support this idea. I mean I think that's a good idea to go and get the cyst yourself so we can choose who gets it.

My first thought when finding out about this mechanic was "but what about the damage to Fashionframe?

Definitely in support of this, or at least some way to simply remove the cyst prematurely (preferably automatically with a setting, if they go this route). Heck, even some sort of vaccination.

obviously there will be a cure, they just won't give it right away so that Nidus can be on the spotlight xD

in fact, that might be why they were trying to release both Nidus and Bard before the end of 2016, the cure is probably in the next part...

this is just part of the whole nidus thing and this is his time to shine, just wait people '-'

8 minutes ago, Urs00 said:

obviously there will be a cure, they just won't give it right away so that Nidus can be on the spotlight xD

in fact, that might be why they were trying to release both Nidus and Bard before the end of 2016, the cure is probably in the next part...

this is just part of the whole nidus thing and this is his time to shine, just wait people '-'

what if the bards music is the antidote lol 

7 hours ago, Censium said:

At least according to Steve, there's a phase involving the cyst no one has found yet (?)

User Actions
 Following
s6t9ch5u_bigger.jpgSteve Sinclair@sj_sinclair

@Yuemeria30 understandable yet is strongly grounded in what Nidus is. Future cure of course (plus there is still secret final stage 😱)

Maybe we're missing something.

Maybe the final form is when we can infect the charger with a cyst, then using its blueprint and the drained cyst from the charger, we form a mega charger. We shall call this mega charger “Helminth Phorid”.

Then we infect Helminth Phorid again to produce a stronger strain. After 7 days this strain is then drain and injected into kavat DNA genes. This will produce a giga size infected pet, which we shall dub it as “Helminth Lephantis”

Now comes the tricky part. You have to feed Lephantis by letting it consume each type of enemy (grineer, corpus, and infested) until a cyst starts growing in each head.

Once your done, you feed ordis to it and your liset becomes infected. After around 2 days, your entire orbiter is infected and you can rename your new ship, which we shall call it “Helminth Golem” aka the final stage.