The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Non meta weapons = MR fodder

._.-._.

Well, those weapons that were not worth to use 6 forma on before rivens, are still not worth 8 forma and getting a riven mod. I am a "rich" player, so i could afford potato + forma any weapon (already maxed the most powerful ones) but i rather have a bunch of built catalysts in my inventory than using them on worthless weapons.

Problem is, that the weapons in warframe are way too generic, (only a few has a unique mechanic, like quanta, tigris, javlok, buzlok, amprex, miter) so the most difference between 2 guns is the numbers. There aren't even recoil patterns and other stuff (tbh only the grakata has noticeable recoil) so the weapon that deals the most damage is the best, others are trash

Syndicate melee weapons were a step in the right direction, unique mechanics should be expanded on future weapons. (however, i only see telos boltace in public games somehow, and secura lecta every now and then) Until that happens, there are 2 weapon categories: the best, and the others

What riven mods buffed are the neutral disposition weapons, which were almost top-tier, but were lacking some numbers to be able to compete against the very best guns (amprex for example)

TLDR: rivens don't really change anything, weapon augments like acid shells for sobek or vulkan blitz for the rockethammer make those weapons worth using

No and No.

MR Fodder are weapons I don't like, regardless of how good or bad they are.    Keep one of each type just in case of weapon type specific events.   Otherwise in the bin they go.     I can always build them again if I need to.

No

&

No

Not every non-meta weapon is mastery fodder but let's face it - there are mastery fodder weapons.

I would define them as weapons that have poor performance in general in addition to not having anything that could make them stand out (some unique mechanic, being fun to use etc).

A weapon that is expensive to build but is not effective or really fun to use - mastery fodder.

Keep in mind that fun is very subjective, so a weapon that one would consider MR fodder can be one of favorites for someone else.

That's coming from a guy who finds Buzlok very fun to use (formaed it 5 times, still very limited weapon but feels very good when using it).

There most certainly are weapons that fall off hard in high level content. Anyone who refutes that is just lying to themselves. I do feel that rivens help these guns immensely if you get proper rolls on them.

Otherwise, you would see more people with the burston primes and such in sorties or higher. But you don't simply because you would be out of ammo after a single heavy unit.

Before rivens those weapons which needed so much buff to be viable still in needs for buffs to be viable. After rivens my statement is the next.

You can make as developer a fine system with no flaws but there is no better solution than the buff older weapons and stuff. You can't avoid this and beign lazy and just say this will make you better when the power doesn't changed.

Those weapons which was good without rivens are still good those which wasn't still not good and uncomparable with the meta. Noone asked ro be meta we just asked for qol changes and buffs to directly the older gear to be viable and fun.

Edited by Sziklamester

Rivens didnt change all that much, although for a few guns it has me going back to the builds soley because I can stuff more mods into them then before with the combined effects of a good riven - like the twin gremlins for instance (love the gun and rolled a good damage/fire rate on it)

i would say the real problem is that there are lots of generic weapons in the game that don't actually add anything unique to the pool gameplay-wise, build-wise, or otherwise; those weapons are mastery fodder, but whether they're meta or not isn't entirely that relevant

I disagree with non-meta weapons being mastery fodder, because most weapons I use are for my own playstyle. I never use melee, and you wouldn't catch me dead with guns like the simulor and stuff like that. I don't hate on meta weapons, people use them because it's effective and efficient, I just don't use them because they don't fit how I play. Which is why I use stuff like The Amphis/tipedo, telos boltor, and staticors. I'm sure I'm not the only one that sticks to my own play style, and doesn't follow every single guide to try to be the best... Though 90% of weapons are still fodder to me, especially melee since I never touch that stuff XD

Nope to both.  I still use a lot of weapons that aren't of the supported meta in use constantly. I haven't even gotten any rivens for guns I do use most of the time anyway. So its literally changed nothing for me with the introduction of rivens nor have I been compelled to seek out rivens via trading.

I had kept weapons I considered "fun" in my arsenal, taking the dust for months, repeating to myself "maybe some day?".

Well now I'm having loads of fun building them to fit in my newly acquired rivens for them: Vectis, Opticor, Despair... All "meh" weapons, good looking but easily beaten by meta ones. Yet now I finally use them without thinking "it's good, but I could use better ones", enjoying them without second thought.

So yes, I think rivens are a good thing if you PLAY the GAME and dont put your life at stake every time you enter a mission. Have some fun, you dont need the best to get the good.

There's a difference between someone stating a weapons being mastery fodder as fact, or as fodder for their purposes.

I am actually surprised at how many uninteresting weapons there are in the game. You definitely need a few fodder weapons to make the rest look better and to better appreciate the good ones, but when I look at my weapon list I shake my head at most of them, because they're boring to use, especially melee weapons which are dependant on stances.

Does a weapon use Machete stance? Dual sword stance? Instant disqualification for many people. Sparring/fist weapons? It has a following, but again, for many it's just mastery fodder.

As for the Rivens, I think it's an interesting idea, but in practice it doesn't work well enough. All they do, is bring mid-tier weapons up to a point where they're more fun than a hassle.

12 hours ago, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

You guys make me laugh.  "Herp, derp, there's no MR fodder weapons."  Why aren't you using Mk 1 series weapons then?

Except that nobody really said that, we're saying that not being meta does not make a weapon mastery fodder, not liking a weapon is what makes it mastery fodder. Synoid simulor? Didn't like the way it looks, didn't like the way it sounds, ranked for mastery and trashed. (Pre-nerf) synoid gammacor? Didn't like the way it looked, ranked for mastery and trashed. All the MK-1 weapons? didn't like the way they performed and their aesthetic value wasn't enough for me to care about them, ranked for mastery and trashed. Kraken? I LOVE that weapon despite it's flaws, and use it whenever I can get away with it. And there are people who have 8 forma MK-1 weapons.

Edited by rapt0rman

1 hour ago, Noble_One said:

....since when in the bloody hell was there a meta on weapons in this game? you can make pretty much any weapon a boom insta death stick. people looked at others weapons? coulda swore this was the very few that didnt have that xD

Err... kinda since forever? There's a very vocal portion of the playerbase that believes that everything that isn't the "best" is trash, not really sure how you could miss them, especially while frequenting the forums. And honestly, there's only a limited level range where all weapons can reliably kill things, damage drops off fast.

thank you, thank you for your responses :smile:

i wish anyone can use the voting function in thread...

yet looks like many ppl said no to both... (according to all last replies above this post so far)

Edited by Primbone

18 hours ago, DeFragMe said:

i still prefer to use lacera, latron prime and spira (i dont like spira prime), even thought many say those weapons suck for high level.

Those many are wrong assuming catalyst and several forma have been applied. Latron Prime and reg. Spira don't even require a Riven to perform well in 3rd Sortie/Kuva Flood.

Due to lack of "end game" mods I don't really do the whole meta thing.

That being said there are a lot of weapons i've leveled purely as MR fodder. Some of them are painful to level while some i've ended up liking quite a lot. 

My Archwing stuff is the real MR fodder. I hate Archwing so I avoid it a lot but i'm trying to level the stuff i've got for MR, it's just going slowly. 

Edited by Ailissa