Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Glast Gambit: Hotfix 19.5.6+19.5.6.1

[DE]Megan

2 hours ago, Insizer said:

So I recently was able to equip the Deconstructor on my Carrier Prime. And it did fire it. I don't know if this was intended, but I figured I'd let you know.

Just grabbed this off the wiki to confirm but your problem is most likely due to this:

• A Sentinel will not attack enemies unless its respective attack precept mod is equipped.

And also while I'm here let me add my voice again to the while Cyst thing.

@DE, Please!  I know you're "doing a thing" here but that damn cyst is f-ugly-as-hek and it's honestly putting me off from wanting to play.

I haven't done an actual headcount but I have it on quite a few of my frames and it's frustrating and disgusting to see that big nasty thing on what I consider "my beautiful frames."

And sometimes it just makes me not to play.

Not only am I a lover of Fashion Frame but I'm an Altaholic too.

I'll see an Alert pop up and think "hey that looks like fun, I'll just grab this frame over here for something fun and different and... oh wait a minute this one isn't INFECTED yet, I better keep it safe in storage."   And then I'll probably just not play, for a while. 

We just got a major step forward for Fashion Frame with being able to reasonably move our Arcanes around and then we get hit with a massive outbreak of Space Herpes. ugh...

So I hope, I mean really Really hope we get an actual immunization here soon because I've made a Helminth Charger and I sure as Hek don't plan on making 30 of them every 7 days just to "manage the herpe". 

Fashion Frames is my End Game. Please don't change that to "end of game." =p

Anyhow, cheers...
~R~

Edited by Rolunde

2 hours ago, enizer said:

I'm getting a lot of connection issues from the launcher since the last hotfix.
About 3/4 of startup attempts hang on checking for updates, and then.
ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT

I didn't change my connection or network settings at all, it started the instant hotfix 19.5.6.1 was deployed.
Verifying cache found no issues.

Did you check the ports in your firewall and router? A few updates ago just out of nowhere that was a problem for me, also without changing settings beforehand. Opening up to ports in the router and in the software firewall for warframe did the trick.

18 hours ago, Firefly0037 said:

He's the creative director.  Not only that, but we've seen other DE staff in agreement.  Community involvement is great, but the devs always have the final say.

Money talks, bullS#&$ walks. Just business. If most suck it up and will carry their money in the shop - it was justified. If annoyance of community exceeds a certain threshold - outflow of players leads to a drop in income. And then it will be very unpleasant conversation with investors. F2P about balance. Temptation to milk your customers dryness does not always bring the results was expected.

Edited by Obus

56 minutes ago, Rolunde said:

ust grabbed this off the wiki to confirm but your problem is most likely due to this:

• A Sentinel will not attack enemies unless its respective attack precept mod is equipped.

I understand that, but that has nothing to do with this. I saw that I could equip the Deconstructor to my Carrier Prime, and so I did. I then equipped Carrier's attack precept in order to test whether Carrier Prime could indeed attack with it, which it did. However, to my knowledge, the Deconstructor (the one that fires "glaives" and uses melee mods) is supposed to be exclusive to Helios, hence my confusion.

5 hours ago, Vethalon said:

High health drain on Hysteria is an awesome idea!

Since the changes to hysteria I have tried my darnest to like my favorite frame again, but in the place her 4 is in right now, I just don't use it anymore.

The health drain would insentivise it to be a combat abillity once more, not a revive ability. The health drain could even replace the energy drain completely.

NO. That would make hystaria completely useless and nobody would want to use it. Why would anybody want to play something that has a health drain. How do you even explain that? You are dying because you're just angry? This would put Valkyr in a worse place, and there would be no reason to use it. Leave Valkyr alone!

1 hour ago, Opacor79 said:

Did you check the ports in your firewall and router? A few updates ago just out of nowhere that was a problem for me, also without changing settings beforehand. Opening up to ports in the router and in the software firewall for warframe did the trick.

Yep, just checked, uPNP router, NAT rules appear automatically, deleted them, and they re-appeared on the client login stage.
Still hanging on checking for updates regularly.

Annoying thing is, it's not consistent, it just happens randomly.. are we under DDOS?

Edit: oh, and the game works fine, when I get past the launcher, it's just the launcher being glitchy.

Edited by enizer

9 hours ago, Yagamilight123 said:

And then you will have the same people (you include) crying because they need to grind to have a meta weapon . More than half of the people crying about the cost most likely not even want the weapon ... just want to cry because they cant have it . DE said that the cost is correct ... simple as that ... you want it  , you grind for it . You are mad and want to quit ... quit , but stop ranting like a child ( general msj for all that "type" of players )  .

i think no one would cry over a weapon being super super super op if its costs is high i think pple would have motivation for it also how would it feel if relics had a 2% chance to drop on any mission (including excavation and interception) how would it feel if u cant farm for prime parts as easily as u can now? buddy i said that the grind is insanely stupid for just one gun and they need to fix it sooner than later bc pple are buying the gun with plat and that means that DEs dollar generator is working which means they will do more of these insane cost requirements in the future we have the right to (cry and whine as u say) because our voices shape the game and make it better and by no means does this improve clan activity its just making it worse by having more and more pple getting kicked from clans and pple are charging 100p just to be in a clan and that is seriously toxic 

Just now, Myscho said:

Sure, but they already said its intended

Too early to admit, since there are still people who will give up waiting and spend plat for it. Sooner or later they will have to fix it. Got 75% plat discount 2 days ago and ignored it. Won't buy any plat until they fix this.

17 hours ago, ExplosiveNova22 said:

listen all we want is a drop rate increase or a decrease in the clan research costs i think using one of these suggestions will fix the hema debate or even better make the hema super powerful so its worth grinding ODD or ODS for hours because its so powerful (Maybe better than the Soma Prime) 

i never said anything against this in fact in many other threads ive said the same thing lewl excpet for the power stuff

Edited by MrFoxAos

I am so annoyed that the cyst fix has not been done, I have now got it on my nidus (Again) after paying plat to get another stasis chamber and farming enough genes to make a mutated charger thing, I also have it on my Inaros with NO way to remove it! enough already.

Edited by Hotcows

i dont know if it's just me but when i go to my gear the game just stoppes and crash...i dont know why, but its probably because of the new update because it didnt hapened me before. In a mission when i click "Q"(my gear control) the thing just buggs and i cant do nothing...just talk in the voice chat. Everything that its about my gear it bugg's...even in my ship i cant acess my gear ;( ...i dont know if it's just me.

32 minutes ago, Hotcows said:

I am so annoyed that the cyst fix has not been done, I have now got it on my nidus (Again) after paying plat to get another stasis chamber and farming enough genes to make a mutated charger thing, I also have it on my Inaros with NO way to remove it! enough already.

Same opinion ;(

im sad to report...

Spoiler

same frequency of occurence, same workaround. didnt see any difference since hotfix, if that helps you determine the cause...

24vFo36.png

not enough "potential" i guess. 
Keep trying DE:)

Edited by Sophista

15 hours ago, ThatGamingSoup said:

Ok, I can see your points here. But I should probably help myself out a second first.

It has simply been my experience that it takes three days worth of play. This includes what you are leveling, what polarities you have to work with (new frames, not forma's in some cases) What weapons you will be bringing, and the matchmaking type. The idea that any 'Public' match is good enough isn't what I prefer. You gain more xp from staying alive and killing as many enemies, or assisting in the deaths of as many as possible, and for this I like to have people I know or players of larger rank. I sometimes have what I call 'Turnover' for warframes and weapons (although, these are generally items i like, just not enough to keep around and forma). These weapons are/were the weapons that boost mastery rank, but in the end I can't keep because I need the credits, have no more use for, or even just generally saw limited potential for. Granted I see potential later, like the case was for the Drakgoon, but in the end I either couldn't justify keeping it, needed the credits from its sale, or was just dissatisfied with its overall performance. Some past mistakes were selling off weapons before fully ranking it in the first go, but that was part of my learning early game tactics.

Another thing is playtimes, which I have plenty of, just many I play with don't. This leads to some very impractical (and embarassing) moments where random players decide they would rather T-Bag their teammates rather than help them, or let them run out of revives because they are too far ahead with their own problems to care. I also have a problem with gamers who do these actions, and I generally take a couple hours to vent off from these incidents. Rather than abuse some other player and get banned, I'd go yell at a mirror or walk in the park than play missions with a chip on my shoulders. It would be rude.

But to be fair you have a point. Knowing where and what enemies give off the best possible xp is crucial to success for many players. It is also best to rank up multiple items at a time, this way your not wasting hours doing so. As for our wonderfully mentioned defense on eris, Akkad just has all these things working for it, so why not? It makes more sense to plan around your own playstyle, but many times planning a group may yield some surprising results. You never know what will drop from rotations, but having a group does help resource drops, so there are certainly benefits to going in a group. You also get better credit rewards for public and group play. 

Overall, it really comes down to a matter of opinion. Some people prefer solo, others random squads, many just want friends who know their routines, attack patterns, etc. Some people like synergy between their squadmates, and I really don't blame them. It's how they learned. I thank you for the points you provided. Hopefully a new player can read these and not make all of my mistakes again.

ThatGamingSoup

You have some good points there. Ever since this whole Cyst debacle I have been playing Solo a lot more and have come to an unfortunate conclusion: You can't farm XP solo in anything approaching a reasonable time, especially after they nerfed stealth again. So farming in a group is now a necessity, and if you are not fortunate enough to have friends that are on when you are, you have to go with public groups OR recruitment channel groups, both of which have the issues you mentioned.

Also, since your warframe and weapons split the XP gained by nearby allies equally among themselves, getting kills/using abilities isn't crucial to leveling weapons and frames, as long as you are contributing and accelerating the process; i.e. Trinity's EV, Vauban's CC abilities, Banshee/Rhino/Mirage/Equinox/Mesa/any other frame that can increase allies damage output.

My personal problem is Forma. I am constantly running out of BP for them, as I REALLY don't like the relic system and never have 'junk' relics that have forma in them. All of the relic I have that have forma in the drop table have something else, usually the rare, that I need. This is the same reason I never have ducats to spend on Baro when he arrives.

I also know exactly what you mean with 'Turnover' items. I have built the Drakgoon about 4 times now. Never added a forma or catalyst (except for a catalyst on the first one), but I have still spent the resources, expecting to use it, and then forget about it until I need some credits or another weapon slot.

On 1/4/2017 at 5:09 PM, Orthelius said:

Thirdly, we let Acolyte mods work on Hysteria.

Why not just let them work on all exalted weapons? Wukong especially would definitely benefit from this and allow people to actually care about at least one other skill besides defy.