Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Glast Gambit: Hotfix 19.5.6+19.5.6.1

[DE]Megan

1 hour ago, SwoobatFanatic said:

Except it really is ridiculous. If we don't complain, they'll never fix it to a semi-reasonable level. I've been playing for years and only have a few hundred.

[DE]Steve said that they wont change it, if my clan did you can do it too.

3 minutes ago, VidanZ said:

And people will keep complaining. Why shouldn't they? If De wants them to stop they can either address the issue or deal with the constant complaining.

Edited by bl4ckhunter

44 minutes ago, Robolaser said:

Who's able to face the consequences of their own decisions, nowadays?

Most people didn't want to play ODD. Draco this, Bere that. Follow the herd. And now they cry because they don't have what should be an average stockpile of mutagen, lol. DE sized the opportunity to grab some cash, and while i don't like how they tried to justify it, as the saying goes "God laughs at those who deplore the effects of which causes they cherish".

Okayyyyy, I have 2.5k hours in warframe (ingame time, steam time is more like 4.2k). In my time I have played TONNES of Derelict, mostly ODD, cause I love it and it has always been good relic/key farming and ez chill exp. I almost always run boosters, I had less than 2k mutagen samples.

AVERAGE STOCKPILE

ARE U HIGH?

24 minutes ago, VidanZ said:

Like I said before, the devs made a mistake, but now instead of fixing it, they're digging in their heels and defending this poor decision. If there's enough outcry, they will change it, for the sake of their paychecks.

Edited by SwoobatFanatic

When will we finally be able to get rid of the Freaking, disturbing, annoying CYST from our lovely warframe (not talking about nidus cuz i think that the cyst has something to do with an upcoming quest). PLZ DE i really got bored of playing alone to prevent any newly made warframe geting infected..

Thanks for all of the speedy hotfixes DE! much appreciated!

Just want to re-point a bug before it gets buried in all of the Hema salt:

Any update on the Glast Gambit alignment bug?

3 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Can we get an update on the Glast Gambit moral choice situation?

3 hours ago, Flustershy said:

Hope that the moral choice results after glast gambit quest would be finally fixed.

2 hours ago, Casardis said:

Still no proper retroactive fix + proper email from Neewa for the Glast Gambit quest? You've made an effort to present quests where we have choices, along with a morality system since The War Within. It would be wise, I think, to keep this properly delivered for people who want to invest in those choices.

I did NOT send Neewa home. I wanted her to choose her own path. My e-mail does NOT reflect this last choice.

2 hours ago, bandigood said:

can you just fix our (or mine because i am black sheep?) aligment status?

Edited by ShadowMark25

"Added logging to help identify why some players have slow access to our network leading to a "Network Not Responding" messages when our network is actually fine"

Yes thankyou. This error has been driving me nuts. I haven't been able to find any [more] errors on my end to clean up the last chunks of this. Ill be happy to finally debug whats causing the rest of this silly error.

So, glad to hear a :Stop Script: is in the works for the helminth virus cyst. Cannot say I'm overly joyed to hear it about now, but it will probably make me happy at the appointed time we receive the cure. Also good news, the Matchmaking system is getting looked into, Hooray!!!

I have to say that I still believe in where your going with Warframe. I love the progress system(i.e. Mastery Rank), the various weapons one can choose to use AND abuse to no end (who doesn't love to see enemies fly off with a throwing knive, Arrow, Boltor Bolt, etc), and the various ways to make yourself look amazing (Fabulous!!!). The missions feel a bit repetitive, but the multiple ways of doing them make for a fun replay. After all, I love helping New Loka save the trees (Yes, I'm gladly a tree-hugger), and why not kill some people for science, Simaris? Also, the rich History and Architecture of the Orokin actually feel extravagant, luxurious, and ever Continuing. It's like the world we all know, from a different and obscure perspective. A time where immortality truly existed, only to be swept away (Oh god. BARO!!!) and your role as a custodian of the origin system is one you take with a heavy burden. I like these tidbits you left for me to find.

But even in these moments of intellectual puzzle solving and gleeful homocidal episodes where no Grineer/Corpus/Sentient/Infested punching bag is safe from your crosshairs, I have a few things I would love to see addressed. Maybe I'll take the time to go over what a friend and myself discussed, which is Warframe builds and the need for Balancing. 

So, we all have at least one. A warframe we LOVE using, but is drastically underpowered in higher level missions. I believe there are currently three that are Major frames. Oberon (although his guaranteed Radiation proc does help somewhat), Valkyr (The drain on her fourth, combined with the damage backlash after it ends kills her usability) and Mag (Yeah, remember that rework you did to 'Even' the field? Yeah, you done goofed). Actually, there are others too. Titania, Inaros, and even Volt all require a 2 Forma build to Survive (not thrive) in a 35+ mission. It can be a bit (what's the word? oh yeah) Grindy. For real, it takes more effort to play endgame then it does to just get there. After the second dream, winning the war within, and finishing off the Death squads sent to hunt you, its... terrible.

I cannot tell you how many times I have fallen to higher level enemies not because I was sorely under prepared gear and weapon wise, but because I have a frame I love using, and not enough credits to build Formas in surplus fast enough to add ever so vital room for the mods I SHOULD have equipped and could not fit. Add on to this that only three missions i am currently aware drop credits in excess fast enough for you to get them in preparation for this task, and well, I'm sure you get how this ends. I inevitably have to rely on my Teammates for added protection (which places greater burden on them as they have to constantly change tactics to get me back up and running). Also considering that leveling a frame takes (no boosters, an open squad and plenty of free time) three days. I believe you maybe can see my problem here. In the event I want a frame to do well, it takes about two weeks for a proper 4 Forma build to be well prepared and supplied with excess gear to be safe that you will not go down without ample fight AND, in the event of a critical misstep and failure on my part, have energy and ammo restores for the team that has to drop its priorities to help me return to the fight.

Now that I have detailed the problem, let me be equally detailed in what I believe is the solution to this, as in the last update thread, I probably was still quite salty and unclear of thought to detail this out. The problem I believe with this 'issue' is that many enemies scale with factors such as Mission time elapsed, Base rank multipliers, number of Eximus enemies, Environmental factors, Mission tileset, Types of base units, etc. The point being so many factors make a mission difficult to stay in some instances, I believe it would be more than ideal to include a means of truly 'Leveling' the playing field. You know, make it challenging, but not impossible given the circumstances.

My friend's idea was to have warframe ability damage scales with the enemies levels so that enemies have a harder time killing you. I personally don't agree because a measure like that may not roll over into Conclave very well, but the idea isn't far off. A way of balancing this might be a received drop from Lotus during defense and survival missions, such as a Damage Augment drop to deal more damage for a short time, or a rebreather pickup to extend your life support's Duration. Maybe even a Armor pickup so your armor becomes Heightened for a short to moderate amount of time. The times and boosts would depend on the mission ranks, but its an option.

Another idea is to rebalance all Warframes Abilities. For Oberon's Reckoning, Excalibur's Radial Blind, and similar abilities, you could increase the rank bonuses you get from ranking up by .25-.35 seconds that the blind duration last. It's small, but can increase your chances in a pinch, giving you time to escape or kill off a small group before your downed, and makes reviving you less of a strain. For abilities like Valkyr's Hysteria, Titania's Razorwing, and Ember's World on Fire, you can decrease the drain amount for each ability rank up by 1-3 energy per second. A help would be the addition of a mod series that can rival the customizing powers of drift and corrupt mods, like Warframe Rivens (ooooooow, Scary). They would boost two properties (health and power Strengh, for instance) whilst degrading a third, possibly a fourth (like Effciency). That actually could be put to a specific frame, now that i think about it. (Mag-Natic: +30.6 power strengh, + 20.8 health, -28.2 Power efficiency, -12.9 Damage to grineer, must be MR10 and mod is specific to MAG, as an example. I'm not a riven expert) The point of it being to balance out the fighting so players can play how they want.

Anyhow, I have a habit of being longwinded with words, so I'll finish this up. the last thing I want to mention is the games status as 'Open Beta'. This implies that players and developers can communicate accurately and throughly, I get that. If you were to ask me, though, I believe there has been a lack of attention and participation on both sides. Yes, Players want what they can't explain, but maybe as developers DE can possibly give them some ideas to start the process. I know you guys can get busy with all the 'FIX IT, THIS IS BROKEN' garbage that comes across your desk when a 12 year old complains like they are 2. Maybe if you helped other gamers reach out about ideas that you are offering, more feedback and 'Pre-release' concerns can be addressed quicker. It also may save you guys some headache as you probably get a lot of messages worded like (ERROR: CENSORSHIP OVERLOAD!!!! CENSORSHIP FAILING!!!!!). 

I get it, I'm wordy, I'll leave you to it. Good luck with your next project!!!!!!!

Sincerely,

ThatGamingSoup

P.S. Almost forgot to mention this till someone made a post about it. Why is endo in the drop tables for Defense goals, survival times, sortie rewards, etc? Endo is literally accessible in BULK with some patience and a couple of repeat missions. For me, I am infuriated that I play a sortie only to receive 2000 Endo from the Final reward table. Not even once in the 5-7 times I have done a sortie did I get a reward worth the effort for a level 100 assassination, 80-100 Survival, or a 'Guard' Mission where the AI companion is the biggest moron in Origin History. On that tangent, why are Common drop mods in those tables as well? Literally, Every mod I have received as a defense reward, I can farm at least 2 or more in a decent mid level mission. Please, guys, Remove Endo and Common/Uncommon Mods from the drop tables in Defense, Survival, and Sorties.

Edited by ThatGamingSoup

TO DE,

• Please fix HIV tumer (CYST)
  • Please fix LoR  ( ppl getting random kicks from 2nd mission )
  • Please fix Network Not Responding  and "Unable to join its full" ( Have to try 3 -4 times to get in a mission)
  • Please fix sortie ( i got endo rewords in last five sorties )

On "hema" meh not making it.i can live without mr xp 3k.It will take my clan 10 yr to make anyway and it isn't a god gun either that i have to have to play this game.  

Edited by dmos25

3 hours ago, Phantom-6 said:

Seriously?  Why do we need keys for the derelict, we don't use keys for the void anymore.  Get rid of the keys for the derelict and let us que public and get other players.  It's a shame they're holding on to this.  And we could get rid of those nav coordinates while we're at it.

Diffenity Agree, Be nice to have it be public match and no keys. Not sure of the Orokin Vaults Vs. Public  guess thats another idea that needs to be made.

1 hour ago, BucketofsandtheTHird said:

Okayyyyy, I have 2.5k hours in warframe (ingame time, steam time is more like 4.2k). In my time I have played TONNES of Derelict, mostly ODD, cause I love it and it has always been good relic/key farming and ez chill exp. I almost always run boosters, I had less than 2k mutagen samples.

AVERAGE STOCKPILE

ARE U HIGH?

I have less than 1k hours, never used a booster until recently for kuva, didn't run any derelict mission lately, and have about 2700 mutagen after donating. How you managed to get less in SO MUCH MORE time, with boosters, and after probably even more ODD runs than me, is sincerely beyond my understanding. No sarcasm here, i really don't know what could have possibly caused this, but either i got super extra lucky throughout hundreds of pub runs, which sounds very unlikely, or you (and many others it seems) did it the wrong way somehow.

Edited by Robolaser

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed (for real this time) negative Status Duration from Rivens resulting in infinite status.

Between this and all the other 'Fixes' for -100% riven stats, you are making weapons with 'Strong' riven disposition even weaker than they already were. These 'bugs' were the exact sort of unique and game-changing feature these weapons needed to work. Have a Flux Rifle? Throw a -100%+ status chance riven on to make everything bleed, or a -100% magazine size riven to never have to reload. Have a Miter? Throw on a -100% Status Duration riven to cause never-ending bleeding, or combine a -100%+ Flight Speed with Electric damage and 100% Status Chance to create a floating trap (note that this still works to a point, but it no longer gains infinite flight time from the negative flight speed. Not sure when you fixed that one). Have a Glaxion? Set it up for Viral with a -150%+ Damage riven and heal your Mind Control target as Nyx. Use the same set-up on an Angstrum in Radiation Hazard sorties and heal all allies (including yourself) at any time.

Negative riven modifiers being stronger on stronger disposition weapons only hurts the weapons they were meant to help, and having -100% negative modifiers only make weapons not work (rather than do something weird) only makes it worse.