Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About the average Nidus player

ArchPhaeton

Just now, BeeOverlord said:

If you cannot get one stack, the only issue is you.

ntAOkTA.jpg

Tell that to scrubs who target larva 24/7 before you can combo cast.

Tbh its funny when you let a mission fail which you could solo. Scrubs be sabotaging, dont mind if ill let it backfire.

Never had this issue.

The only way I can see this being an issue is that you're playing Exterminate, at which point playing Nidus wasn't your best choice since he's great but not for a forward assault and you'll never really get or need a ton of stacks to begin with...

Or you're playing a more favorable mission type like Mobile Defense, Defense, or Survival, and one of your team members is a Mirage/Simulor and/or Mesa and/or WoF Ember who's making gaining stacks unnecessarily hard.

If you're not playing Nidus, and you're one of those 3 spammable frames, then maybe you should chill a bit with the ultimate room-clearing abilities/weapons and use some of your other stuff. Use your secondary, or melee. Or don't attack the larva right away when Nidus casts it. Nidus relies a lot on using his powers over using his weapons. Give a hoot, let the poor guy build stacks once in a while.

But other than that, yeah, feel free to just assume someone just got Nidus and is trying them out for the first time, and they're not going fast.

Actually this is quite true. My telos boltace just kill off enemies so fast that nidus cannot get a stack. I have to pity that character for how he is designed to work.

And when Nidus is down aka bleeding out, then others laugh at him say 'ain't you invincible? cannot truly die? ahahahaa.."

.... so all these lead to the uprise of nidus players doing what is mentioned in this thread.

In another words, it is the other frame users that created this culture to start with... by purposely snatching nidus' kills and leave him without stacks.

"The real monster is Dr.Frankenstein, not the creature itself"

Edited by kyori

I love nidus, but I can also tell that he has flaws.

• If you spawn in to a game in progress, especially a higher leveled one like kuva flood or sorties, you're gonna have a bit of a hard time surviving cause you don't have your stacks up.
  • Team composition can also make it harder. If you have an ember/equinox or simulor mirage, it can get difficult to get your stacks. If there is another nidus then it gets competitive because you're both competing for the enemies.
  • Nidus really doesn't need alot of stacks on quicker game modes like capture/exterminate since you're constantly on the move. Nidus is best when you're spending time in a certain location or long durations like excavations, mobile defense/defense and escalating missions
  • His health regen isn't the best so you constantly have to have another means to heal and have his parasitic link up at all times.
  • His creep not being affected by range means you'll have to sit on it for a while which might not be ideal in certain situations.

Personally I'd love if certain things were done to his kit.

His 1 should allow you to hold it down to consume 1 stack and shoot out in a wide cone with a reduced range

His 2 should either allow multiple instances with set duration or allow it to keep pulling in enemies for the duration (this is more in line with the teammates stealing kills thing)

I actually love his 3. Don't know of any changes i'd want made.

His 4 should allow you to hold it down and consume 5-10 stacks for a larger creep and either more maggots with reduced strength or lesser maggots with increased strength.

5 hours ago, ArchPhaeton said:

They go like this;

> "BOO Don't kill, me want to build stacks BOO" > Proceed to verbally harass whoever doesn't bend to their whining

So what's wrong with these people? I have my Nidus and I play around, I spam my 1 to get stacks and it works ok. Never I've had the need to tell others not to kill in a killing game, straight out it's a joke and a bad one. Also it's not like I'm tailing them and killing all their targets... Neither is it needed to reach a million stacks or anything.

Also it's not my fault my gear out-damages most other tennos out there. Perhaps it's a selfsteem issue for their niduses not taking the spotlight (?

I really hope this trend will calm down as the Nidus fever subsides. The least thing I need in my fav game is a community as toxic and whiny as certain other games out there.

couldnt resist, sir, i see only one whiner here which uses "his" sharing for useless wasting my time to put my eyes on ...

i really hope this trend will calm down as the useless ego-fever will never subside at warframe, because DE needs cash ^^)

you can be in good hope and i can finally leave off here again for a while for not facing childish postings like this

why you didnt help the guy ? why you didnt share your "ueber-settings" in all directions you have on your account to make him stronger ?

no, instead of that you jump in here for one more superboring thread of this people with this useless signs on their sigs (^^

respect and honour isnt your best friend ? isnt it ? =))

hugs

Edited by Guest

5 hours ago, ArchPhaeton said:

They go like this;

> "BOO Don't kill, me want to build stacks BOO" > Proceed to verbally harass whoever doesn't bend to their whining

So what's wrong with these people?

The same question goes for you that you felt the need to make a metacomplaint thread.

I am playing Nidus nonstop since his release and played with dozen different Nidus and never experienced something similar to this.

7 minutes ago, jmthebigman said:

to get multiple at once, cause not always 4 enemies are lined up for energy return :)

personally my nidus usually only gets one or two stacks from most larva pulls.  Until the mission pace picks up and enemies get tough enough to survive a hit from virulence, there's simply nothing substantial to ram my column of infested flesh into.  Granted, I get lucky with the occasional room full of 20 somethings or others, but even that only amounts to 4 stacks on a one-shot.  Nidus' design can sacrifice early mission survivability and a slower build-up rate for greater damage output early on, plus FAR greater output later on.

I still haven't decided for certain if virulence can hit the same target twice for stacks when your link is up and the enemy gets split in half instantly.  I'm leaning towards "NO" since virulence has travel time and an enemy can be dead and gone from the first wave before the second even arrives.

I've had the opposite experience where I've tried to build stacks, but another player kept shooting tonkor 'nades into the larva. I'm not talking about the occasional shot, I mean this person followed me, bullet jumping across tiles, to deliberately prevent me from getting stacks. Neither of us wrote anything in chat and I just aborted the mission to start over with a new group.

This was a one time occasion and I haven't had trouble anywhere else, even with other Nidus' because I just use my weapons instead at that point to do the job, with the occasional parasitic link to boost someone.
It was just baffling to see someone going out of their way to actively grief me. Sure, I left the match, but I was far from angry - I just didn't feel like dealing with it and moved on.

3 hours ago, jmthebigman said:

to get multiple at once, cause not always 4 enemies are lined up for energy return :)

you should have enough energy to get one stack and cast virulence more than once. Even with the full power str build that I run, I can still do this.

What the heck are you doing wrong, boy?

DTyeMyw.jpg

Edited by BeeOverlord

4 minutes ago, BeeOverlord said:

you should have enough energy to get one stack and cast virulence more than once. Even with the full power str build that I run, I can still do this.

What the heck are you doing wrong, boy?

DTyeMyw.jpg

Not at mission start when you rush in, grab a giant group with larva and someone nukes the larva. Happened numerous times, especially with kiddies that wanna get all the kills themselves and dont care about the rest of the team.

3 hours ago, Emeraudes said:

Actually, which mission were you on when this happened?

This was in a Kuva flood. Since the trend is for people to almost become ground elements in that scenario, I'd try to keep the place as clean as possible, at least while there's guardians around.

3 hours ago, Salenstormwing said:

-snip-

If you're not playing Nidus, and you're one of those 3 spammable frames, then maybe you should chill a bit with the ultimate room-clearing abilities/weapons and use some of your other stuff.

Nah man, I was rolling a CC rhino, low STR max range just to make the mobs relax.

3 hours ago, B3I2 said:

-snip-

why you didnt help the guy ? why you didnt share your "ueber-settings" in all directions you have on your account to make him stronger ?

-snip-

Sounds like a Nidus complainer here... 1. He asked for no help. 2. I wasn't trolling him or anything. I literally spawned, buffed the team, CC'd the enemies, killed a couple and they started their thing.

3 hours ago, Kuestenjung said:

The same question goes for you that you felt the need to make a metacomplaint thread.

-snip-

This has been happening to me so often I was wondering if it was a strong trend. Seems like I'm just that unlucky.

1 hour ago, Anarchy19835452 said:

You know there is an ignore option? Failing that just ignore them, it's not hard.

i take great pleasure in not responding to people trying to tell me how the game is supposed to be played, as this tends to hack them off more :-) 

Yeah that's what I did early on and apparently they went on the whole mission, coz 3rd guy was asking not to be involved in the situation.

57 minutes ago, Smilomaniac said:

I've had the opposite experience where I've tried to build stacks, but another player kept shooting tonkor 'nades into the larva. I'm not talking about the occasional shot, I mean this person followed me, bullet jumping across tiles, to deliberately prevent me from getting stacks. Neither of us wrote anything in chat and I just aborted the mission to start over with a new group.

-snip-

Hel no man, I'm no troll, just a couple kills set them off. #nochill

15 minutes ago, ArchPhaeton said:

This was in a Kuva flood. Since the trend is for people to almost become ground elements in that scenario, I'd try to keep the place as clean as possible, at least while there's guardians around.

Nah man, I was rolling a CC rhino, low STR max range just to make the mobs relax.

Sounds like a Nidus complainer here... 1. He asked for no help. 2. I wasn't trolling him or anything. I literally spawned, buffed the team, CC'd the enemies, killed a couple and they started their thing.

This has been happening to me so often I was wondering if it was a strong trend. Seems like I'm just that unlucky.

Yeah that's what I did early on and apparently they went on the whole mission, coz 3rd guy was asking not to be involved in the situation.

Then in that case it's mainly their fault for not being geared for the level. I wouldn't want to waste time and if people can't get up to speed fast enough I'm going to take over and hold the mission together.

Considering I put out 50% of team damage when playing with 75% of the player population with a braton prime.... You should probably just ignore them 

19 minutes ago, ArchPhaeton said:

It sounds like either the guys on your team were the ones giving issues to your Nidus, or just the Nidus player trying to force a square peg of area control into an exterminate mission circle hole.

Kuva floods should be easy for Nidus to build stacks unless as I said before it was your other team members.

I wouldn't worry about it. Nidus is fine. Players are fine. Individual players who play Nidus might not be so fine. As long as it's a target rich area, there shouldn't be much issue. And a Kuva flood usually isn't. At least during the Kuva phase. The actual mission it's attached to may have been the issue. Either way, don't worry about it.

I have played quite a lot of Nidus and I rarely have a problem with stacks even without trying to trump people for kills. 

The only time I have a problem is if there aren't enough mobs around but if there aren't a lot of mobs around I don't worry about getting stacks. If there are people on my team nuking everything, I don't bother then either. If things are dying, I don't have to worry and I get back to shooting things in the face.

If i'm in a survival I will try and find a spot to build up stacks before getting closer to the group to drop down one of those shmexy looking beds of roses for people to get some heals if they need it.

My point is, if I get stacks then I get them but I don't mind if I don't as long as things are running smoothly. 

To be fair, i've only been in one rough missions where people were nuking things and I couldn't get stacks and it got to a point where they wanted some heals so dropped back to let me build up. No arguments, no rage just a "could you drop a ravenous" so I asked them to let me build for a minute and they did, simples. 

Most of the time I use Larva to gather up mobs for someone else to nuke for giggles.

10 hours ago, TotallyLagging said:

"I met a single toxic player and I'm gonna complain about it on the forums"

Kiddin' of course, but really just /ignore and play as usual. You can't fix crappy behaviour.

Not kidding, actually. These posts are pointless and are starting to get on my nerves. So what you met someone so stupid/toxic? You're spreading this wonderful story for what purpose other than spreading the toxicity that you ran into? Your average WF player is nothing like this, so just ignore them and move on. I've seen too many of these threads lately with various stories about stupid behavior that shouldn't even be discussed, simply ignored.

Whoops. Looks like I ended up ranting.

3 hours ago, Lance_Lionroar said:

-snip- Not kidding, actually. These posts are pointless and are starting to get on my nerves. snip-

1. There's a bit of freedom of speech I'm using to share my personal experience with Nidus users.

2. Somehow this has been happening a lot to me (being mostly into cc/support frames) and apparently it's just my luck since i'm no troll purposely screwing up w/e they're doing. Glad to see most other nidus users are pretty chill.

LF> Comprehensive reading.