The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion on Primed Regen

Cirayu

Who is this guy? Pets > sentinels. Always been the case or you another lazy &#! "I'm to good to pick up my own loot" player? Your rant about vacuum not being a normal passive seems to indicate that to be the case.

I thought these threads were done but sadly not. Every baro visit is another rant, this mod is pretty decent ESP with buffs to it. Not end game viable but sentinels are not end game content.

Just now, jmthebigman said:

The regular one should be what the prime is, because you can infinitely revive pets...

Well sure, but pets also don't vacuum stuff and don't have the ability to use different weapons. :P Also pet revives are insanely annoying. If they drop on a teammate that is also downed, and you can't reach the teammate because of the pet, then you just gave a teammate a death. Happens enough to be a pretty big annoyance. 

1 minute ago, Ker-Blammo said:

Well sure, but pets also don't vacuum stuff and don't have the ability to use different weapons. :P Also pet revives are insanely annoying. If they drop on a teammate that is also downed, and you can't reach the teammate because of the pet, then you just gave a teammate a death. Happens enough to be a pretty big annoyance. 

It's generally the oppsite when my Kavat die >.>

I'd advice people to start using pets instead. They're far more expensive and time inductive to mod and forma out but are significantly better than sentinels. People are just too attached to vacuum that I've seen, I say it often but the sentinels are not end game content.

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Skode said:

I'd advice people to start using pets instead. They're far more expensive and time inductive to mod and forma out but are significantly better than sentinels. People are just too attached to vacuum that I've seen, I say it often but the sentinels are not end game content.

Absolutely, I run carrier on Nova with Soma. And Shade on Nekros. Everything else its my omega lotus sunika 😀

1 hour ago, jmthebigman said:

Click to see the full response.

I still believe its a worthless primed mod which is a slap in the face.

It adds nothing to the survivability of sentinels and only adds another mod in the baro kiteer rotation which most people will see as trash.

Now DE may say its a meta opinion but I disagree with that. Something hasnt to be Meta to be useful.. But being useful is something that people like to see in the shop-table of baro.

People have been asking for the sentinels to get the same amount of revives a warframe gets.

You got a mod that lets you do that .... how is this a "slap in the face"?

You people need to be more constructive with your arguments cause this adds nothing.

Again, some people asked for this and they got it. If this is not what you wanted the addition is not a slap to you but an addition for the people that were looking for this.

Not every move in warframe is made specifically for you (people that think like you).

There are 26 million losers in this game, DE cant keep up with all feedback. Chill out.

35 minutes ago, Sintag said:

Plus eleven seconds of invincibility after each revive at max rank.  So in other words, when you go down, your Sentinel won't immediately die a horrible death.

dont mobs ignore the sentinel if you dont equip it with weapons?

17 minutes ago, jmthebigman said:

The regular one should be what the prime is, because you can infinitely revive pets...

But you need a mod to extend the short revive time. And you need that revive time cause those things love to die in the middle of big group fights.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

12 minutes ago, Ker-Blammo said:

Your pets revive if you pick up a health orb as well. 

I've long stopped relying on vacuum myself and are enjoying the sweet buffs of my smeeta. Still gonna buy that prime regen for bullet shower loadouts where I use carrier to convert ammo. 

Good to see a positive thread, people are touchy whenever Baro comes and it isn't just a damaging prime mod.

19 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Skode said:

Who is this guy? Pets > sentinels. Always been the case or you another lazy &#! "I'm to good to pick up my own loot" player? Your rant about vacuum not being a normal passive seems to indicate that to be the case.

I thought these threads were done but sadly not. Every baro visit is another rant, this mod is pretty decent ESP with buffs to it. Not end game viable but sentinels are not end game content.

Yep, I don't like to play snake game, sorry for that.
After many hours of farming all frames and other goods and getting almost all primes without spending any plat on them... yes I'm pretty lazy.

I know, sentinels are for beginners and the true pro tenno masterrace go to engame with unmodded mk1 weapons, shame that I'm just a casual noob.

5 minutes ago, Kraxah said:

I've long stopped relying on vacuum myself and are enjoying the sweet buffs of my smeeta. Still gonna buy that prime regen for bullet shower loadouts where I use carrier to convert ammo. 

Good to see a positive thread, people are touchy whenever Baro comes and it isn't just a damaging prime mod.

I wasn't aware of the health orb, but might be kinda tough to find one if you're looking for it for that reason.

TBF the only reason I use carrier is the ammo converter. Since I'm generally running gorgon and embolist, and other weapons that burn through ammo, or have little ammo, I need it. The smeeta buffs seem nice, but are a bit too inconsistent for my liking. 

4 hours ago, Kuulpb said:

yes but it means instead of something USEFUL they added a Primed Regen . . . and sentinels auto regen when you die.

What a load of bull. You have no idea how useful Regen is when you got bombarded by AoE mobs (Sentients/Juggernaut/Bombard/Napalm/Scorch/Hyekka Master/etc).

Oh but that's right, you hate Sentinels. You have no idea how they work and what people using them want. I for one find Primed Regen a very useful QoL mod that will greatly reduce the amount of times that I'll have to intentionally get myself killed to get my Sentinel back.

Edited by Mattoropael

10 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

People have been asking for the sentinels to get the same amount of revives a warframe gets.

You got a mod that lets you do that .... how is this a "slap in the face"?

You people need to be more constructive with your arguments cause this adds nothing.

Again, some people asked for this and they got it. If this is not what you wanted the addition is not a slap to you but an addition for the people that were looking for this.

Not every move in warframe is made specifically for you (people that think like you).

There are 26 million losers in this game, DE cant keep up with all feedback. Chill out.

It's not actually a fix for the issue though. To start with, this is a incredibly high-end mod that costs a huge amount of credits and endo to reach max rank. It also requires a huge energy pool on your Sentinel, and as it's not an essential mod this mostly means that your Sentinel will require a fairly sizeable Forma investment. All of this means that it's utility is severely hampered for anyone who isn't in Warframe's "Ultra-late game" scene with a huge amount of in-game disposable income, so to speak. Also, it's only available for two more days and then it will be locked away for who-knows how long, which means that the number of people for whom this mod is available at all, let alone for whom the mod can be fully upgraded and used, is somewhat limited.

As other people have said, it's somewhat of a band-aid mod that solves the issue only to a degree and only for a certain player group. It also doesn't solve a lot of the other serious and easily fixable problems with Sentinels - the fact that Carrier Prime is still by far the most used due to it being the only one that can survive being the most obvious; how much time would it really take to buff the health/shield/armour pools of other Sentinels? DE has a habit of abandoning systems and so in a way people shouldn't be surprised: Kubrows have barely been touched since they were introduced. But it's not that surprising that people are getting frustrated, and it's alarming that DE keeps introducing new systems rather than improving their old ones: Archwing, Focus, Cysts, etc, are all good enough ideas to warrant their place, but the fact that they were all introduced into a framework of abandoned and neglected systems means that people lose faith in DE being able to ever complete anything.

I think the community has more than impressed upon DE their disdain for the way they're handling the whole Baro system, the fact that people are getting more and more agitated and less and less constructive in their criticism of the way it's being handled is a product of DE's refusal to change, or even communicate with community about why they're handling it this way.

18 minutes ago, Kraxah said:

its a good mod so a positive thread. If a Sentinel/Wep is modded properly that's like another warframe standing next to u xD. But then again salty threads will always be there. These Salty ppl will prefer nerfing everything to ground starting with Loki / Mirage and even Ivara. :crylaugh:

The newest primed mod was rather unexpected. Multiple regens for sentinels was something I was hoping for for quite some time. I use my non-shooting 7 forma carrier utility build for everything including sortie. I got so used to medi-ray, sanctuary, ammo mutation and all the other nice passives that I feel the pain when carrier is gone. Therefore I want to keep it alive for as long as possible.
At sortie 3 carrier tends to fall apart and a single regen is just not enough. Our four legged companions do struggle less with permanent death because there is revive, medi-pet kit and link health (hello Inaros). Having something the provides 3 revives for our sentinels is a really nice thing to have.

Thank you! 

49 minutes ago, Littlerift said:

It's not actually a fix for the issue though.

What issue are you talking about?

cause THAT'S the issue here. There are a bunch of people with different issues and when they fix one 15 others get angry because they think the fix was meant for them. SOME people asked for more revives and they got. That's the issued they tackled and solved.

To start with, this is a incredibly high-end mod that costs a huge amount of credits and endo to reach max rank. It also requires a huge energy pool on your Sentinel, and as it's not an essential mod this mostly means that your Sentinel will require a fairly sizeable Forma investment. All of this means that it's utility is severely hampered for anyone who isn't in Warframe's "Ultra-late game" scene with a huge amount of in-game disposable income, so to speak.

So you want the stuff to be handed to you?

Working on you sentinel to eventually make him good should not be done with them?

Also, it's only available for two more days and then it will be locked away for who-knows how long, which means that the number of people for whom this mod is available at all,

two days should be plenty of time for people to pop in and get it.  Had 90 Ds when i got to baro and by the end of my session i bought it.

If you are a regular player this should not be that big of an issue.

let alone for whom the mod can be fully upgraded and used, is somewhat limited.

What you do mean?

There are no limits on endo and cash. If you want to max it out you can. No one should be stopping you.

As other people have said, it's somewhat of a band-aid mod that solves the issue only to a degree and only for a certain player group

Yes, this is solution for the people that wanted more lives, what's the problem?

That's like getting annoying that the McRib came out. Of course the McRib is only goof for the people that liked it. The McRib was not a solution for every sandwich.

. It also doesn't solve a lot of the other serious and easily fixable problems with Sentinels

Again, it was made for one thing. It solves one issue.

When did DE made the claim that this mod solver "a lot of the other serious and easily fixable problems"

This makes no sense. This is a mod for one thing, this was not the mod that will save all sentinels.

- the fact that Carrier Prime is still by far the most used due to it being the only one that can survive being the most obvious;

How do you know this is a fact? The last time we got numbers there was a trend of people moving away from Carrier.

Do you want newer numbers?

how much time would it really take to buff the health/shield/armour pools of other Sentinels?

A lot. Because there's this thing called balance. You cant just say, "more health and armor" without thinking how it will effect other things.

DE has a habit of abandoning systems and so in a way people shouldn't be surprised: Kubrows have barely been touched since they were introduced. But it's not that surprising that people are getting frustrated, and it's alarming that DE keeps introducing new systems rather than improving their old ones: Archwing, Focus, Cysts, etc, are all good enough ideas to warrant their place, but the fact that they were all introduced into a framework of abandoned and neglected systems means that people lose faith in DE being able to ever complete anything.

I think the community has more than impressed upon DE their disdain for the way they're handling the whole Baro system, the fact that people are getting more and more agitated and less and less constructive in their criticism of the way it's being handled is a product of DE's refusal to change, or even communicate with community about why they're handling it this way.

I think DE should just get rid of Baro cause each week all we get is complains about free stuff.

And im serious, screw it, you complain about free stuff? Ok, no more.

This was done because people had huge amounts of stuff that wasnt going to be put to used and what it ended up being is people getting angry every couple of weeks because the free stuff isnt leet enough.

2 hours ago, Miser_able said:

I like primed regen. I am also tired of seeing people complain every time baro doesn't bring some new power creep mod. ( I'm looking at you primed streamline)

You are not alone. It was unexpected but a nice addition for sentinel utility. Companions have higher health (Inaro with health link), health regen and can be revived. I think the mod is just fine for what it is.