Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Still Pushing Nitain Down Our Throats, I See

Valthryn

3 Recently released weapons:

5 Nitain to craft the Javlok

4 Nitain to craft the Ohma

3 Nitain to craft the Hirudo; ironically, the lowest amount of nitain is required to craft the best weapon of the 3.

This resource is akin to Chinese water torture and involves no challenge, only waiting.

Trying to make us buy a new weapon for $15 or just want to torture us with a resource that everybody hates?

I get a lot of "It's not bad if you make all 4 alerts everyday," which is akin to saying that a bullet in your shoulder isn't so bad if you pull it out. Technically correct, but it would be better to not be shot at all.

Some Additional Info for the Blind Fanboys:

1. I log into this game every day and play for 2-3 hours; I haven't seen a single Nitain alert in a week and a half.

2. "It's fine because older players have a lot of it." So it's fine to lock out people who haven't been playing for 1-2 years from new reinforcements?

3. "They need to make people log into their game somehow." Nitain doesn't make people log in, Sorties, Kuva, Rivens, focus farming, and weapon ranking do.

4. "It's not a big deal, just make all 4 alerts." The only way that would work is if you have Warframe open all day and sit at your computer waiting for the alerts, or at the very least have the Nexus app open on your phone, either way you'd need constant access to Warframe at all hours of the day. Any person who has real life obligations cannot do that. I can only play from about 7:30 at night onwards with interruptions during the week, and during the weekends I have other projects.

5. "It drops from Sabotages, so get over it." According to the wiki, the drop rate is about 0.6% on the highest level Sabotage missions and it only drops from the last resource cache. Unless you didn't learn math, then there is no way that you can see that as a reasonable drop rate worth even considering.

6. "The game is F2P." Free to play is just an extended advertising gimmick, and thusly, should be judged as you would judge any product that you have to pay to try. Any F2P company's goal is to get your money by withholding gaming experiences until you pay them. There are good ways to do this, like Prime Access (It's a great deal because you get discounted platinum and free slots even if you don't want the gear), and there are bad ways to do it, like hiding things behind cheaply designed cash-grabby grind walls. If you want to judge whether a cash grab is justified or not, just ask yourself this question: "Am I being given an adequate trade for my money, and what is being done to make me believe that I am or am not?"

It's just like Rahetalius said in his quitting video: People will defend DE no matter what they do. They could start releasing weapons through Steam-only transactions or put a 7-day timer on Rivens that would have to be renewed with platinum every week, and I guarantee that there would be people praising them for it.

Edit 1/23/17:

This isn't a response to anyone, just a clarification. I'm not trying to say DE are terrible people, because they're not, and far from it. But just like Rahetalius said: at the end of the day, Digital Extremes is a company that needs to make a profit. A company's goal is to find the optimal balance between their revenue stream, capital expense, and what the consumer is willing to put up with. So, just as with any company, the more you relax your standards, the less they will give, and the more they will take. This is akin to Apple releasing virtually the same phone every year but the dimensions are a bit different. People buy the iPhone because for the #aesthetic and demand virtually no innovation, so they get none. The majority of Apple consumers have very relaxed standards, and as such, get little to no improvements on their preferred products every year, but still pay $1,200.00 for their new 13-inch MacBook Air.

Edited by Daggerpaw1
stuff, added point 6 and the 1/23/17 edit

1. Nitain was added long time ago. It's enough time for old players to have it enough for every weapon and Warframe which need nitain (+ every new), even for someone, who doesn't have much time. 

2. Nitain can be obtained from sabotages, so is even easier. 

a.) F2P game is F2P.   You can have it immediately, or you can have it for free, rarely both.

b.) DE gives out nitain significantly faster than they release items which require it

c.) You don't need to get every new thing on the same day it's released. Work on it next week

d.) There's lots of things in the game that don't require nitain, it's not like this is the ONLY thing you could be building

Is Nitain still really a major issue? You can get it from Sabotage missions and alerts regularly pop up. If you aren't taking the time to do those alert missions then that's kind of your own problem.

There are many examples of "artificial grind' in this game, but I really don't understand how this community spends half of its time complaining that there's not enough to do and spends the other half of its time complaining that they can't acquire new weapons/Warframes instantly. DE has gone too far in some cases (re: Hema), but I don't think Nitain is really an issue these days. Perhaps for somebody who's brand new to the game it's a concern, but they're unlikely to be able to buy enough weapons to run into a Nitain shortage being the cause of their issues so long as they're playing Nitain alerts when they see them, or running the odd sabotage mission.

"Still pushing out new content down our throats"

Hmmm I don't see anyone complaining about new content, but when the new content requires some sort of requirement, then it's another story. What do you expect? Any resource that is dropping currently in the game will be used as resources needed to build any weapon, either new or old.

26 minutes ago, Momaw said:

a.) F2P game is F2P.   You can have it immediately, or you can have it for free, rarely both.

b.) DE gives out nitain significantly faster than they release items which require it

c.) You don't need to get every new thing on the same day it's released. Work on it next week

d.) There's lots of things in the game that don't require nitain, it's not like this is the ONLY thing you could be building

I love you.

Is it just me or are people becomeing more and more impatient every year?

getting 1 nitain every day (for those that have a job) is an ok rate and 5 days for the ohma is an ok time to get it

for comparision: I can get 1 nitain every 2-5 days because I am busy as hell and I ain't complaining

30 minutes ago, Momaw said:

this

also ib4 white knighting for DE

44 minutes ago, MrDar1o said:

1. Nitain was added long time ago. It's enough time for old players to have it enough for every weapon and Warframe which need nitain (+ every new), even for someone, who doesn't have much time. 

2. Nitain can be obtained from sabotages, so is even easier. 

Not discrediting your first point, but the drop rate of nitian is completely awful from sabotages.

47 minutes ago, Daggerpaw1 said:

It's just like Rahetalius said in his quitting video: People will defend DE no matter what they do. They could start releasing weapons through Steam-only transactions or put a 7-day timer on Rivens that would have to be renewed with platinum every week, and I guarantee that there would be people praising them for it.

The classic "Everybody who disagrees with me is just a fanboy" argument. Excellent.

Perhaps, and I'm merely proposing a hypothesis, people disagree with you because they don't consider what you think is a problem to be a problem? And there's a difference between defending DE and accepting that the game is free to play and as such it will always be trying to force you to choose between your time and your money. As I said earlier, DE have gone too far in some cases, but we're nowhere near at the level of the kind of nonsense, nonexistent situations that whoever Rahetalius is proposes

I don't see much of an issue with the way Nitain is collected, but I will say that I wish you could purchase it with plat. Call me pay to win but I not about spending the week or two it'll probably take me to collect the 20 Nitain I need for Vauban Prime. I'd rather spend like 200 plat and have him now, especially after spending countless hours farming for and opening relics just to get the parts.

1 hour ago, Snydrex said:

They gotta get people to log into their game somehow.

But I imagine that they could do it in a more constructive manner. Or at least, that's what I've been trying to convince myself of.

Last I checked you get people to log into your game by making it FUN..... isn't that the point of the game, people will pay for something that is fun, not something that is tedious. Nitain is tedious, So are daily grinds. WF should move to a 7 day rotation (you can do 7 sorties a week, get 700,000 focus points, get 7XMR in syndicate standing, etc. From Sunday to Sunday. Many people can't play every day, but  have a schedule that allows some play time in a week.

Even if they put a control like 7 sorties in the week, but there is a 1 hour cooldown between sorties... It still sucks that someone who can play 8 hours every single Saturday gets HOSED in comparison to someone who plays 1 hour a day for 7 days. Player A plays MORE TIME, but gets FAR less.

28 minutes ago, wwjd.com said:

I don't see much of an issue with the way Nitain is collected, but I will say that I wish you could purchase it with plat

You probably wouldn't like the price. For example:

Consider the Ohma. The weapon sells for 200 platinum which is its "total finished value".  If you subtract the 20P for a potato, the 6P for a weapon slot, and the 35P to rush the build, then you're left the cost for the bare weapon without upgrades or QOL being 139P.   The only thing that's at all limited or hard to get on the Omha is the nitain.  It uses 4 of them.  Which means, in order to not completely defeat the purpose of the market and undercut sales from people who buy finished weapons for convenience, buyable nitain must cost at least 35 platinum each.

Edited by Momaw

I was prepared to take this seriously, but OP spent more time harking on "Blind Fanboys" and "White Knights" than anything else.

3 hours ago, Daggerpaw1 said:

1. I log into this game every day and play for 2-3 hours; I haven't seen a single Nitain alert in a week and a half.

In the 3 hours since you made this post, there have been 2 Nitain alerts that I have personally run.  

2. "It's fine because older players have a lot of it." So it's fine to lock out people who haven't been playing for 1-2 years from new reinforcements?

My 9 year old nephew started playing two weeks ago and is sitting on 13 Nitain.

3. "They need to make people log into their game somehow." Nitain doesn't make people log in, Sorties, Kuva, Rivens, focus farming, and weapon ranking do.

Not true.  I and others have the alert app so we can log in when Nitain, and other items, come up.

4. "It's not a big deal, just make all 4 alerts." The only way that would work is if you have Warframe open all day and sit at your computer waiting for the alerts, or at the very least have the Nexus app open on your phone, either way you'd need constant access to Warframe at all hours of the day. Any person who has real life obligations cannot do that. I can only play from about 7:30 at night onwards with interruptions during the week, and during the weekends I have other projects.

While I agree that it isn't a big deal, expecting someone to make all 4 daily alerts is rather stupid.  However, saying that "you'd need constant access to Warframe at all hours of the day." is flat out hyperbole. 

5. "It drops from Sabotages, so get over it." According to the wiki, the drop rate is about 0.6% on the highest level Sabotage missions and it only drops from the last resource cache. Unless you didn't learn math, then there is no way that you can see that as a reasonable drop rate worth even considering

For a consistent grind, no.  But much like Oxium when it first came out, Nitain wasn't meant to be obtained quickly.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of the drop rates in Sabotages either. But this resource isn't as bad as you're making it out to be.  

1 hour ago, Momaw said:

You probably wouldn't like the price. For example:

Consider the Ohma. The weapon sells for 200 platinum which is its "total finished value".  If you subtract the 20P for a potato, the 6P for a weapon slot, and the 35P to rush the build, then you're left the cost for the bare weapon without upgrades or QOL being 139P.   The only thing that's at all limited or hard to get on the Omha is the nitain.  It uses 4 of them.  Which means, in order to not completely defeat the purpose of the market and undercut sales from people who buy finished weapons for convenience, buyable nitain must cost at least 35 platinum each.

The price might be a bit high, but having the option to buy it can't hurt, just give those with time constraints easier access to the content they want.

Edited by W0wRUUD
Punctuation.

1 minute ago, W0wRUUD said:

The price might be a bit high, but having the option to buy it can't hurt. just give those with time constraints easier access to the content they want.

But a path already exists for those people: you can just buy the weapon outright.

1 minute ago, Momaw said:

But a path already exists for those people: you can just buy the weapon outright.

I think I see what you mean, but, for example: I would like to have a supply of Nitain lying around in case something interesting that requires it appears somewhere down the road, but I don't want to spend my playing time doing Nitain alerts. If I could buy Nitain from the market with platinum, I can have some ready when I need it, and do missions that I find more interesting in the meantime. That can't possibly be bad. Right?

1 minute ago, (PS4)salovel1991 said:

And in this post we have people who don't understand work schedules, school schedules, and real life obligations defending Nitain again. 

I spend a total of 11 hours (sometimes 12) away from home due to school and travel time. Literally half a day. then another 6 hours spent sleeping. How do I get Nitain? Following the WarframeAlerts twitter.

At least, that's what I did before having 40 of them stockpiled.