Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So no new info on Banshee prime, eximus units are getting a buff..

Knight_Ex

1 hour ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I believe they are saving the reveal for the special Warframe giveaway, which involves some lucky winners getting a free Prime Access pack for the upcoming Prime Access before anyone else. I believe the drawing for the giveaway is on the 8th. I think they are hiding it until then to keep it a surprise. 

Edit: Actually I think the drawing was suppose to be today at some point? They were going to do the drawing on February 3rd right? Surely we should know by the end of the day right? 

Drawing is today actually

to me, this Eximus rework doesn't sound like the best idea, at least on paper. I do want them to be more threatening than regular mobs, but there's a real risk that they could become so tough that it makes some missions unplayable, such as Eximus Stronghold Sorties. I would have preferred to see a smarter AI on them (more actively seeking cover, charging at stationary players, remembering to melee up close etc.), but it sounds like DE are just going to take the mechanics used on bosses like Sargas Ruk and Lech Kril, and apply them to Eximus units. (infested ones at least).

now this may work for Infested since they're kinda squishy and depend on melee, and it's far easier to hit an enemy charging at you, but if this idea were applied to the other factions, we'd be looking at unfair gunfights where you can only damage (not necessarily kill) them in the head, while they can one shot you anywhere to the body, and thesre's dozens of them all at once. that doesn't sound like fun to me. obviously the problem can be remedied somewhat by tweaking the spawn rates, but are DE really going to go through all this effort, or will they just half-ass it, and add the units without tweaking the spawns?

it's funny, Eximus Units could end up being more hated than Nullifiers eventually.

3 hours ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

No.

Also, I love the eximus invuln news. Been waiting for them to put the breaks on people mowing through millions of enemies without regard for years now, and it looks like they're finally starting to do something about it.

I don't mind eximus units getting a buff... provided they spawn less. Sometimes, like with other significant enemies, they can become rather spammy.

Honestly eximus aren't common enough to pose a real threat in the game.

They are only annoying on Sortie eximus (especially infested ones, you might as well be playing on no  energy nightmare) or when some syndicate drops em on you. That is where u get a large group of annoying mobs.

But if they are going to buff eximus, i wonder how they are gonna fix Eximus assassins.

Edited by fatpig84

14 hours ago, SpeedOfLightPuncher said:

That eximus inv. thing is probably the worst idea I saw in warframe since I started playing 

It would literary make eximus strongholds unplayable and at higher level survivals where every enemy is basically a eximus unit you couldn't survive more than 5 seconds 

Weapons with travel time would also be unusable since shooting that thing would be a nightmare 

For a horde killer game that is just a bad idea 

for the tennogen stuff, I never bought anything from tennogen but this is definitely unfair 

To make this eximus buff acceptable they need to add in a lot of things.

First, the soo called weakpoints should be damagable by aoe strikes, we dont want to switch our loadout to precision weapons just because we could see eximus units spawning.

Second, destroying a weakpoint should temporarly stun and/or remove the skill of an eximus unit. Im shooting off energy cables, fuel canisters or whatever stuff and they should feel it.

Third, if they really want to roll with the precision shooting idea then shooting of a weakpoint should damage the eximus unit and depending on its type it should affect every mob around them.

20 hours ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

I don't think endless missions should be paid any special attention when it comes to balance, since they're meant to be failed at one point or another by forcing players to fight odds they can't overcome. If I heard right they mentioned that there'll be a way for them to adjust the ration of eximus spawning with the nodes, which could be just scaled back ever so slightly. If endless becomes objectively unplayable they can always mess with that ratio.

then you dont realize that endless missions are the only endgame content we have. make them unplayable and boom you destroyed the already crappy endgame content.

people do like challenging content, not difficult. theres a huge difference. challenging is something that forces you to think different. difficult is just annoying. this change is not challenging, its just difficult, considering what kind of crappy hitbox system we have, its simply going to be painful.

I bet that everyone that complains how they steamroll everything are the same people who play versus easy enemies or low levels.

Play Kuva missions, sorties, high level endless missions and complain about steamrolling.

In the meanwhile, newer players can fuck right off with these changes since they already feel incredibly weak, stuff like this is just so discouraging that they will simply drop the game.

I think weak-point eximus' will halt gameplay to a grind. Bosses have been one of the absolutely worst part of this game precisely because of this design and now they want to apply it to common enemies? I don't understand it.

I think we're going to see a massive increase in ignis users.

Edit;

Doesn't sound fun at all to play against. It's another frustration element to slow down players.

Edited by Smilomaniac

Imagine the invulnerability Eximus system goes through to all factions. Imagine a Corrupted Heavy Gunner Eximus alerted by your presence and her weakspot is on her back? And you strafe and try to shoot her back, but she turns a complete 180 degrees and shoots at you in a half second?

This invulnerability shift to Eximus units for Infested is just the beginning. A horrible, torturous road awaits us all.

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23