Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conclave is dying more and more after each event

Wyrmius_Prime

These PvP are basically showcasing everything that is wrong with Conclave. Unfair matchmaking (joining mid game in FFA and no ELO ratings), stunlocking weapons, ''forcing'' people who don't enjoy conclave to play it and the salty atmosphere because of that, ORO STEALING, AFKing players who just want the event done, the list goes on... There are apparently even completely dead regions so some people have to suffer from extremely bad ping.

Out of the 5 games it took for me to get the oro decoration, I didn't have a single one in which people did not insult the flying hek out of conclave. I'm not saying this because I'm bad or something at conclave, I placed 1st in 4 out of the 5 games and 2nd in the last one and my K:D is a bit above 1.5 overall. I just get a generally negative feeling every time I play or hear somebody mention the conclave. I even find the conclave rewards nice but I would have to force myself to suffer through multiple rep caps through conclave but I simply cannot do it.

There was nothing done correctly in the event apart from the shiny reward, at least in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

ORO STEALING

So when somene last hit and get the kill in other pvp games ? It's the base for a "Free For All" game mode ... It is to force you to move and to use the parkour system.

3 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

no ELO ratings

This aint a PvP based game, it won't work in warframe.

I won all my games even while joinning when it already started, i have been instulted of cheater so many times and saw people trash talkingto each others many times as well.

They should just disabled the chat in Free For All and block the whispers as well while your in a party there would be less problems and less people asking for "trade kills".

The problem is that most of the players never took the time to learn how to pvp in warframe as they don't wants to, and once they are in a pvp event, they keep saying its bad, they don't like it.  It's complicated, its not like a call of duty or battlefield where anyone can get kills after playing for 5 minutes.

And the amount of points was way to much, i can't imagine someone who always ends up in the lasts doing this 15 times ... He probably don't get fun at all so forcing him to do it 15 times is just stupid and won't make him play pvp afterward for sure.

Just like the Index quest which is way to much times ...

First off, stop calling it an "event" because it was just a simple promotional alert for the Quick Steel Variant mode. I think people should know the difference between an event, alert, and tactical alert by now.

Second, while Conclave isn't perfect the alert only showcased everything wrong with anti-PVP playerbase. The amount of special snowflake syndrome, self entitled, high-horse riding, salty individuals with an apparent lack of maturity when faced with hardship or defeat came out in droves. The most common grievance of these players is that DE is somehow FORCING them to participate in something they do not like, and it is a completely daft complaint for many many reasons.

Conclave needs constructive feedback for improvement. Saying things like 'I [INSERT EXPLETIVE] HATE CONCAVE [INSERT EXPLETIVE] REMOVE IT DE [INSERT DEVBASHING,CONCLAVEPLAYER BASHING]!!!!11!, is not constructive feedback. Saying that you hate the mode for the sake of hating it or pointing out every reason why you want it to go, is not constructive feedback.

Edited by EmptyDevil

8 minutes ago, clemza said:

So when somene last hit and get the kill in other pvp games ? It's the base for a "Free For All" game mode ... It is to force you to move and to use the parkour system.

This aint a PvP based game, it won't work in warframe.

I won all my games even while joinning when it already started, i have been instulted of cheater so many times and saw people trash talkingto each others many times as well.

They should just disabled the chat in Free For All and block the whispers as well while your in a party there would be less problems and less people asking for "trade kills".

The problem is that most of the players never took the time to learn how to pvp in warframe as they don't wants to, and once they are in a pvp event, they keep saying its bad, they don't like it.  It's complicated, its not like a call of duty or battlefield where anyone can get kills after playing for 5 minutes.

And the amount of points was way to much, i can't imagine someone who always ends up in the lasts doing this 15 times ... He probably don't get fun at all so forcing him to do it 15 times is just stupid and won't make him play pvp afterward for sure.

Just like the Index quest which is way to much times ...

Or you know instead of implementing a block on whispers while in a squad that would negatively affect the 99% of players that actually come to this game for PvE that they're SUPPOSED to to help the 1% of people that actually enjoy the masochistic funhouse that is conclave, as well as a bunch of other complex additions that you suggested that would eat up even more manpower...

They could just stop trying to force conclave down our throats. The definition of insanity is trying the same thing again and again expecting a different outcome. This is the... third? time now that DE has attempted to do this... pretty sure that meets the technical standard for insanity. (That's not an insult, btw. Just a logical observation)

I dislike pvp most of the time, but this new mode got me to play. Not just for the rewards, but for fun. Yes pvp can be frustrating, and yes I ran into a few people who were very obviously hcking/aimbotting, but it was still fun. If the mode stocks around I will keep playing Conclave, and I know a few others who would.keep playing too, so if anything conclave will grow, not die, all because of this "event".

Edited by Xirka

For me the "problem" with PvP in Warframe is that it is extrem hasty and more or less just an spaming of things (at least i have experienced it during the Winter Event PvP). But also i´m an total "anti-pvp-player" overall so that PvP isn´t my thing anyways (even when they would put 1k of plat behind it).

Certain games however that are pure PvP (WoWS, AW, WoT, WT, etc) i kinda accept the fact cus the paste and tactics is a whole lot diffrent. PvP in Warframe is like "a cricket on crack jumping around all the time and hope to hit/kill something". Luckily the PvP part of the game isn´t really needed for me cus the mods are PvP only anyways, the sigils are cosmetic, the Syanda is "useless" for me, and the frames i have already cus of pre-conclave.

In most times i say in games that have PvP involved "it´s a mode for te "real deal" players who look for another challenge next to the PvE part and for competing each other out." So instead of letting me "harvest" x amounts of time and (maybe) rob the real PvP player the "thril" of PvP by beeing an "easy prey" i simply avoid it cus of this reasons.

Fact however is that an forcing of playing a mode you don´t enjoy always creates an salty/toxic atmosphere no matter what cool reward you put behind it.

12 minutes ago, clemza said:

I think he's referring to when you get the last hit (and the kill, for that matter) with a ranged weapon, but the guy wildly flailing his Nikana got the Oro because he was closer. And since the score is based off of Oro collected and not kills, that guy got the point despite not actually doing much of anything. I played in a game where the top guy had twice as many Oro as he did kills.

6 minutes ago, Stratego89 said:

Or you know instead of implementing a block on whispers while in a squad that would negatively affect the 99% of players that actually come to this game for PvE that they're SUPPOSED to to help the 1% of people that actually enjoy the masochistic funhouse that is conclave, as well as a bunch of other complex additions that you suggested that would eat up even more manpower...

They could just stop trying to force conclave down our throats. The definition of insanity is trying the same thing again and again expecting a different outcome. This is the... third? time now that DE has attempted to do this... pretty sure that meets the technical standard for insanity. (That's not an insult, btw. Just a logical observation)

They are not forcing anything on you. Nothing from the alerts was super amazing, and most of it was just cosmetic. You could always just not play conclave if you hate it so much. 

Edited by Xirka

5 minutes ago, Stratego89 said:

Being passive-aggresive is bad and you should feel bad.

Having poor reading comprehension is also bad - the guy you're quoting proposes to block whispers while you're in Annihilation mode in Conlave, not in general missions.

This event seems to have been really popular. I've had all my pvp servers full for most of it.

I like the game mode, I just dislike the 15 points for reward. I'd rather it was games played. I find I either do fantastic. 15-25 kills to win or last place. All or nothing so the point system is a bit frustrating.

I don't know why DE added a PvP mode though.... perhaps for players to have a choice to play against other players. If so, then recent events seems to go against that for 50% because players are forced to play PvP if they want the reward. So it is a 50% bait.

7 minutes ago, Xirka said:

They are not forcing anything on you. Nothing from the alerts was super amazing, and most of it was just cosmetic. You could always just not play conclave if you hate it so much. 

You're telling me two potatoes is not "super amazing"? For me, definitely not- I didn't even go for them. But for ANY NEW PLAYER those are a must-go-get item, period.

They are forcing it on us. ANY time loot is involved in a game like this- the mission is quintessentially forced on the entire playerbase.

11 minutes ago, VisionAndVoice said:

Being passive-aggresive is bad and you should feel bad.

Says the one being passive aggressive...

Btw, the only thing I feel bad about is that I actually went through the event to get the decoration, and by doing so probably contributed towards making DE feel more successful in their efforts to force this stuff down our throats.

Edited by Stratego89

Honestly i trudget torugh it with a VERY badd kill ratio and OP is right, this "event" sucked the fun out of PvP for me:

-  initially had a few easy rounds with more or less inexperienced players, fun and more or less worked,

- started to meet only PvP fanatics, fun instantly down the drain and limits of mode blatantly exposed: crap nikana stance, awkard loss of scored hits, hikou not connecting bot at point blank range and long range...

- got the damned statue but repelled by this gamemode, much better playing against the cheating opponents in the INDEX

1 hour ago, clemza said:

So when somene last hit and get the kill in other pvp games ?

Oro stealing as in I get the kill but somebody else still gets the Oro. 

1 hour ago, EmptyDevil said:

First off, stop calling it an "event" because it was just a simple promotional alert for the Quick Steel Variant mode. I think people should know the difference between an event, alert, and tactical alert by now.

Second, while Conclave isn't perfect the alert only showcased everything wrong with anti-PVP playerbase. The amount of special snowflake syndrome, self entitled, high-horse riding, salty individuals with an apparent lack of maturity when faced with hardship or defeat came out in droves. The most common grievance of these players is that DE is somehow FORCING them to participate in something they do not like, and it is a completely daft complaint for many many reasons.

Conclave needs constructive feedback for improvement. Saying things like 'I [INSERT EXPLETIVE] HATE CONCAVE [INSERT EXPLETIVE] REMOVE IT DE [INSERT DEVBASHING,CONCLAVEPLAYER BASHING]!!!!11!, is not constructive feedback. Saying that you hate the mode for the sake of hating it or pointing out every reason why you want it to go, is not constructive feedback.

Tactical alert is just an alternative name for an event in my books. My two personal issues are unfair matchmaking (joining mid game in FFA and no ELO ratings) and stunlocking weapons. The rest are something I simply observed other people disliking about the gamemode. I think you're just being a lil' white knight here. As far as I know, I didn't bash the devs.

Edited by Wyrmius_Prime

1 hour ago, clemza said:

It's complicated, its not like a call of duty or battlefield where anyone can get kills after playing for 5 minutes.

Strenge enough, i think that this should be the requirement for any game that use PvP mode, and the fact that u cant do that in Conclave prove that it's failed as a PvP

These guy in this video can say it better than me on what i mean.

so in that matter. the restriction of only hikou, nikana, and a high damage at base really is the step in the right way for conclave, balance design wise. 

but yeah, conclave still bad ....

2 hours ago, clemza said:

Someone being a vulture and stealing your kills is a completely different situation to someone bullet jumping through a situation where you killed 5 people at once and stealing all 5 Oro, effectively making your skilled play and victory over that situation mean nothing since Oro is what decides who wins the match.

17 hours ago, Stratego89 said:

Says the one being passive aggressive...

When was I passive? I don't present my comments as pseudo-well meaning correction, I openly tell you that I think you're wrong and that your position has no validity.

17 hours ago, Stratego89 said:

Btw, the only thing I feel bad about is that I actually went through the event to get the decoration, and by doing so probably contributed towards making DE feel more successful in their efforts to force this stuff down our throats.

So, you admit that you, according to yourself, did the wrong thing on your own volition and still blame others for it?

I hope it dies one day and devs stop wasting their time on it. I did this horrible event even though I am mainly a PVE player (originally I wasn't going to bother with it but since they extended it and I had some free time I did). Sure, I got lucky with pubs and basically got 6 free points because we "all won", placed second in another one where I felt like bothering with it for a bit that's another 3 points, then I simply afked the rest. The whole thing just came down to melee knockdown spamming anyway, there wasn't anything remotely challenging about it, it was more like conclave making me suffer with everything that is wrong with it not the players. 7 mins are way too damn long still. The noggle is the only "alright" thing that came out of it.

Edited by Momo93

They have a giant PVE player base, they are not thinking out of the normal PVP box to make PVP fun for PVE players. It's a thing actually. It can happen. I hate PVP, but I love Strike Vector Ex, Rocket League, and various PVP creations from Halo's forge community. Lunaro not fun, stun locks, slow as snail. small arena. Rip off Rocket League properly next time. A giant ball, fast action, no spam stun locks, and a big field. BAM. Still dead, lol. I don't mind PVP getting events, just don't stick in cosmetics. You're asking for nothing but trouble when cosmetics are involved and PVE players have no other way to get at them.