The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Have their been any changes to the acolyte system for their return?

(XBOX)chosen432

Then.....don't do it.

Here is the thing about video games- if you are not enjoying them, you do not HAVE to keep playing. Put the controller down, go do something else, and come back when you want to have fun.

This is not a job that must be done. This is a choice. People choose Destiny over WARFRAME. People choose Mario over WARFRAME. Go do something that is not on your mind as having "garbage" in it.

There are 52 weeks in a year and the fact that DE has decided for this weekend to give the ACOLYTES another run is not just because they know ylu detest it. They are doing it for the game to be played. They are doing it for all those that got into the game AFTER the last time the ACOLYTES ran free. I wouldn't even be surprised if they did it to stop hoggers from charging 1000 plat for 1 mod. 

Garbage? No sir, this is not garbage. It is a game that you jave a choice of playing or not. Choose or walk away. 

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)DShinShoryuken said:

Then.....don't do it.

Here is the thing about video games- if you are not enjoying them, you do not HAVE to keep playing. Put the controller down, go do something else, and come back when you want to have fun.

This is not a job that must be done. This is a choice. People choose Destiny over WARFRAME. People choose Mario over WARFRAME. Go do something that is not on your mind as having "garbage" in it.

There are 52 weeks in a year and the fact that DE has decided for this weekend to give the ACOLYTES another run is not just because they know ylu detest it. They are doing it for the game to be played. They are doing it for all those that got into the game AFTER the last time the ACOLYTES ran free. I wouldn't even be surprised if they did it to stop hoggers from charging 1000 plat for 1 mod. 

Garbage? No sir, this is not garbage. It is a game that you jave a choice of playing or not. Choose or walk away. 

its not the game i have issue with its this event its mods are fantastic and the only way to get them is rng on top of rng or loads of plat 

i dont see how its fun to hunt a enemy around the entire starchart for a small chance of the thing you want 

Edited by (XB1)chosen432

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)chosen432 said:

its not the game i have issue with its this event its mods are fantastic and the only way to get them is rng on top of rng or loads of plat 

From where I'm standing you are complaining that you have to play the game to get it if you want it the free way.

I mean, their spawn is granted if you actually explore instead of a chance to be there or not like the other stalker type enemies, 1 less RNG gate.

2 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

From where I'm standing you are complaining that you have to play the game to get it if you want it the free way.

I mean, their spawn is granted if you actually explore instead of a chance to be there or not like the other stalker type enemies, 1 less RNG gate.

explore the entire chart for the single node then enemy is on ya fun i gain no reward from exploring and finding the enemy myself i just gain a potential to miss it in a longer mission a few resources i dont need really and alot of wasted time 

all i want is a target to go to and get the thing i want not this hide and seek nonsence 

If you're in a hurry, then get Volt and Speed through the map.

Exploration can already be done very fast by bulletjumping around the place like everybody does in non-endless missions. With Volt's speed, it's a piece of cake.
Or with an invisible Loki / Rifting Limbo where nobody bothers you.

Searching for them in a map is like 5 min work or less. That's rotation A fast.

Edited by MystMan

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)chosen432 said:

i personally hate this event and thats all there is to it it needs serious work imo but from the looks of it it never will get such work due to everyone praising de for there gracious return of the acolytes 

thank you answered my question though 

Ah, the "Everyone who disagrees with me are fanboys and therefore their opinions are invalid but mine is" argument.  You say it needs work, but you have yet to say how it needs work.  'Cause it seems to work fine for me.

49 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

Everyone I've seen likes it, so no it doesn't need to be reworked just to please you.

i cant be the only person that hates this

and as far as fixing it my initial says how it could be better not specifically but it does and that is to simply remove the hunting them down aspect of there spawn i dont know what would be better but not being able to just farm at all times no bs just they are here go get them is tedious and needlessly time consuming 

Edited by (XB1)chosen432

1 hour ago, TrolleySnatcher said:

This game is based so much on rng and playing over and over untill you get that one mod or that one part you needed. if you cant be bothered with this i dont see why you play this game

this is more wait 10-30 mins for acolyte location to show up play for 5-10 mins repeat till thing you want drops its not the same as the normal grind which has its own set of issues but atleast is not more waiting then actually playing the game 

Edited by (XB1)chosen432

It's not really fun. I love grindy games, but this takes the grind out and replaces it with waiting. I'll run relics over and over and over and over until I get what I want, but I can't do that here. I get maybe 3 runs every 30 minutes, and then I just have to sit and wait or I'll miss out if I'm in a mission. If I want to sit and grind a boss, just let me do it, don't make me wait for it to pop up for 3 minutes only to have it leave again.

This also sucks super hard for anyone who can't play 24/7.

Goodness, enough with the "I hate working for things unless it's the type of work I want to do so change it all to the type I want" threads.

If you don't like an event, don't participate.  If you still want the rewards, then you are being unreasonable.  Not every part of the game will be for you.

After more than a few runs at the Acolyte's the only significant change i can see is as follows.

If you start an Acolyte location mission, after it has spawned in and spawned out it drops the Unidentified mod. However if it disappears from the node on the main Nav screen before you finish the mission you will get no reward (Acolyte Mod) at all. I have lost count of how many times a Located Acolyte defense to wave 5 or survival to 5 min node has failed to give any reward at the end of the mission even though it dropped during the run.

17 hours ago, Zepp_ said:

Goodness, enough with the "I hate working for things unless it's the type of work I want to do so change it all to the type I want" threads.

If you don't like an event, don't participate.  If you still want the rewards, then you are being unreasonable.  Not every part of the game will be for you.

not meant as that the event is just not fun you spend more time waiting or hunting for the boss on nodes you can do at all times then actually doing the event and that imo seems like bad design