Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember Players and My Distain

(XBOX)Requiem of One

First let me get this out of the way. It's my opinion and you can disagree with it or agree with it, or do whatever you wish. Is this a rant, somewhat yes. I need to get this off my chest because I just do.

Now a good question. If I were to look at your player profile, would I see Ember Prime or Ember, as your most used frame? If the answer is yes, then I kind of have a beef with you. Before people say anything along the lines of: "Well she is only good on lower tier levels" or "She is a really good CC frame up to level 30-40 or so enemies", I'm going to have to ask you nicely to shush.

Those two things right there are called excuses. I probably mod my Ember differently than most but at the same time every else probably does as well. However, more often than not it's usually kind of build for most other players; Power Strength, Duration, etc. etc. kind of set up all for that one ability to use and that's about it. World on Fire, the one ability that apparently most Ember players only know how to use. Pop the 4th and run around, maybe use my gun a little. That little thing there is just about every single Ember player ever. There are some exceptions. Now I have seen people say "Ember needs a buff". I honestly don't think so. Back to the those two excuses people make, I give the suggestion to those players of mod her differently. Get ready, because the counter with another excuse. "If I do that, then she becomes really squishy". That is the biggest load of crap I have ever heard. Whatever way people think is the way to make her better, is to make her into a glass cannon. No, that's wrong, with the mods the game gives us, you could mod her 100 different ways till Sunday and continue to do so, and maybe, just maybe some blame could go onto the players themselves. There is no "right" way to mod a frame, but there is a VERY common way to mod a frame, which all encompasses Ember. Which prompts my question of, could it be that you the player are modding her wrong?

Now no one likes to be accused of being "wrong" because then it makes that person feel offended. You know what, I can say I have been wrong and I'm not afraid to. I have even asked for what I could do to make certain frames better because nobody is perfect. Ember CAN be made to not be a glass cannon, but the internet builds aren't going to tell you how to do that exactly or even all of the time, you sometimes have to do it yourself. I modded my Ember Prime so she can easily go against and survive like all the other frames passed that "magical" number of level 30-40s without being squishy -insert amazement here-. Will I post how she is modded...no actually I won't. I won't feed the hive mind of Ember. Another thing is that, hold your amazement, I don't like to nor really use her ability World on Fire unless I need to -insert gasps of disbelievement here-. This can all come back full circle to Ash's Blade Storm ability. It was a "press-a-button-and-kill-everything" ability in the past, but has since been reworked. Now we have Ember who is still pretty much the same, but with a little more "over-a-little-bit-of-time-kill-everything" ability. With that said though, Ember DOES have more than just that one ability to use. Now people will complain saying that, "But that's her best ability, it has CC and a huge range and etc. etc.", which comes back to me saying that is an excuse, not a valid reason. She has other abilities to use other than that one. Suggestion: Use all of them. Every frame has more than 1 ability to use.

Ember, in the majority of the community of people who play as her, are like a massive cancerous tumor that, currently, is incurable. Does Ember need a rework, I would be okay with it as long as it changes World on Fire to be vastly different from what it is now. I honestly don't like players who play her because as I stated previously, it's same thing any time a person with her joins a mission be it through recruitment or random. Uses only her 4th ability and shoots there gun at times. I honestly don't see how that is fun, even in the slightest. This kind of thing is like those people who camp in COD or whatever. How is that fun? I don't see how but if that's how they want to play then whatever but there is better and actually fun ways to play.

In conclusion, you may agree with this, you may disagree with this, you can say "oh it's one of these salty players, blah blah," Whatever. I said my piece and got it all out there. Am I saying to players who play like this to change their style of play to suit my own, no. I'm only saying what I see and therefore is my opinion on Ember as a whole. I don't even use her, to say the least. So feel free to discuss.

Edited by (XB1)Requiem of One

People like me i combine her 2 and 3 while 4 is running without beeing on purely power strength, i builded her on energy efficient.

She is strong in low and mid level as every frame is, you atleast on her can combine fire damge from weapons with her 2 to boost.

While she herself is still squishy and a glascannon, unlike with Mirage her abiltiys with OP weapons are cance as Kaizer said, considering she gets avoidance alot with her clones while still destroying all aorund, which Ember can't, she dies of a sniper at worse if not careful or Bombards or ran in a Nullifier.

Edited by Marine027

i like to get the job done fast, so if can get more ember´s on ext using only WoF, im 150% happy.

95% of the time i play alone or with guildies, so ember Wof or mirage + simulor or anything like that, dont matter to me

Edited by caosfox
typo

The thing with Mirage though is some of the OP weapons used with her, are limited to a range. Same can be said with Ember's World on Fire, but the Stretch mod alone greatly improves that range and most OP weapons have the mod which can improve their range as well but most builds for those weapons don't use it. We all know about Simulor Mirage, but Ember's World on Fire's range can overcome that range.

Ember being called squishy and a glass cannon is just not true, it's how you mod her which changes her. Of course, that goes with all frames as well.

I feel like this guy, Ember players do ruin your fun at sub lvl 40 enemys.... and i feel Synoid + Mirage>Ember players... because at least with Marige you have to run around useing your 1 and 3 and actually shooting things... unlike a Max range+duration+strength ember that has to do baiscly nothing and hit 4 and run around.... Ember is way less engageing then useing Synoid + Mirage...

you know what even though i only need Ember Prime Helm and her Main BP im not fussed about not haveing Ember prime....even if i did i would prefer useing Nova or Mag anyways....

ide rather see a Synoid + Mirage in a public lobby over a ember tbh with you...

Well, ember don't need a buff tbh, because her 2.3.4 skills are all good. But people use only her ult, because you said: it's a common thing.
The same deal was with Ash and his bladestorm. But Ember doesn't need any rework, because she doesn't scale that well.

me personally, I don't play ember at all, because she's boring, but when i played her, i used pwr strength+ duration, just put any fire damage mod on your weapon, and you'll deal ridiculous amounts of damage. And there are far more powerful frames out here (Equinox, Saryn for example)

I don't see as much Embers as i see Mirages with simulors, that's much worse, really.

P.S: good that i main Limbo. No one complains about him, every Limbo player is calm, and everyone are waiting Limbo's rework with anticipation of a buff, not a nerf. Play Limbo.

i feel obliged to say that ember IS very squishy as well, also note that many ember players (myself included) only use world on fire for speedrunning or for crowd control using firequake and rarely keep it on constantly (if for no other reason than the constant energy drain), other than that i tend to use guns with the odd accelerate or fireball here and there. Also despite your hate many people like seeing ember on teams due to substantial DPS and crowd control potential.

14 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Requiem of One said:

Ember, in the community of people who play as her, are like a massive cancerous tumor that, currently, is incurable.

Just not okay to say something like this. 

16 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Requiem of One said:

I honestly don't like players who play her because as I stated previousl

Warframe is about grind and I want my grind done the most efficient way. Ember can do that and if you dont like me as a player because I like to play effeciently ... well I can live with that. 

Guess what. I use all of Ember's abilities and I tend to play solo.

Basically what you're saying is "Guys don't get offended but you're literally cancer".

That's lovely.

14 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Requiem of One said:

Ember, in the community of people who play as her, are like a massive cancerous tumor that, currently, is incurable.

3 minutes ago, Wolfsfang202 said:

i feel obliged to say that ember IS very squishy as well, also note that many ember players (myself included) only use world on fire for speedrunning or for crowd control using firequake and rarely keep it on constantly (if for no other reason than the constant energy drain), other than that i tend to use guns with the odd accelerate or fireball here and there. Also despite your hate many people like seeing ember on teams due to substantial DPS and crowd control potential.

same argument was made about nova back when MP was instantaneous and all enemies would blow up counting all kills to nova etc.  her power was changed and is now better, ember is in need of the same. simulor needs a nerf and so does world on fire, or at least it needs to be changed.

3 minutes ago, Wolfsfang202 said:

They can do said speed-running on solo then. The other 3 guys in the mission want to play too, not stand around holding their cod pieces. It's a bigger issue on consoles apparently, because there players will only run Ember/ Ember Prime WoF 24/7 with no regard for others. The console communities are just pure cancerous trash in that regard.

Now to the main argument, like I said above, PC players won't really understand this because it's more of a console related issues, seeing as console players generally tend to not care about others/ have no patience/ tend to be trolls. WoF and Spamulor Mirage tend to be the biggest game breakers on XBone1 and PS4. I personally use Ember, because she is actually an alright frame, but again, personally, I hardly use WoF. When reviving a downed ally, using life support, or for CC in endless missions I use her 4, but that's almost all the use WoF ever gets from me. Fireball is a good ranged AoE, especially with Accelerant on.

Game is a tedious treadmill. People use which ever method is quicker to get repetitive job done, ember wof, mirage simulor, oberon's passive.

Does it ruin the fun for others? Personally yes but sometimes I don't mind someone else making the grind easier.

Does it need to be fixed? We are given the tools to do as we please but maybe the main problem isn't those builds but maybe it's oberon's passive. 

Do ppl realize that Accelerant increase the dmg from WoF (or any other Heat dmg) by 5x !!!? (200% power str) And it stun everything in 20-35 meters. So saying that she is usable only to lvl up to 40 can only someone who is not using her correctly.

But I don't play her as much I used to since its kinda easy. Same goes with Mesa, insane dmg reduction and can wipe room in seconds. Personally I enjoy Mag now, balanced build and using all abilities for fun.

"Glass cannon" is a popular term in gaming (especially online-gaming), where it refers to a character class that has remarkable offensive power, but has low defense. 

EMBER: HIGH OFFENSE, LOW DEFENSE= GLASS CANNON . 

must anything which is viable in the least be nerfed ? You say you aren't telling people how to play yet your whole post was doing.... just ... that.........

If you have such a problem with a frame play in private matchmaking with people who think like yourself

Edited by (XB1)DeluxeKnight831

Just now, (Xbox One)Requiem of One said:

I think you missed the part where I said it was my opinion. I was not telling anyone to change their play style, I was saying what I see. Never anywhere did I explicitly say that other people's play style is wrong and needs to change to better my own. Please do not put words in my mouth, well fingers, DeluxeKnight.

I qoute from your original post 

If I were to look at your player profile, would I see Ember Prime or Ember, as your most used frame? If the answer is yes, then I kind of have a beef with you. Before people say anything along the lines of: "Well she is only good on lower tier levels" or "She is a really good CC frame up to level 30-40 or so enemies", I'm going to have to ask you nicely to shush.

Those two things right there are called excuses. I probably mod my Ember differently than most but at the same time every else probably does as well. However, more often than not it's usually kind of build for most other players; Power Strength, Duration, etc. etc. kind of set up all for that one ability to use and that's about it. World on Fire, the one ability that apparently most Ember players only know how to use. Pop the 4th and run around, maybe use my gun a little. That little thing there is just about every single Ember player ever. There are some exceptions. Now I have seen people say "Ember needs a buff". I honestly don't think so. Back to the those two excuses people make, I give the suggestion to those players of mod her differently. Get ready, because the counter with another excuse. "If I do that, then she becomes really squishy". That is the biggest load of crap I have ever heard. Whatever way people think is the way to make her better, is to make her into a glass cannon. No, that's wrong, with the mods the game gives us, you could mod her 100 different ways till Sunday and continue to do so, and maybe, just maybe some blame could go onto the players themselves. There is no "right" way to mod a frame, but there is a VERY common way to mod a frame, which all encompasses Ember. Which prompts my question of, could it be that you the player are modding her wrong?

You speak about how everyone else mods their ember wrong and you are right. You say all ember players play wof builds which you also say is wrong so yes, you're telling people how to play.