Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR20 Test is Practically Impossible with New Archwing Controls

Sword_Symphony

Even with an Itzal and Hyperion Thrusters, the new Archwing controls are so bad I couldn't pass this ridiculously easy test. Just bring back the old controls already, or change this test. Its terrible. Its just flying through rings and yet with the new controls the Archwing flies like a boat in thick soup. 

I did it in one try. You have to use the Itzal, get the first ring, teleport, grab a second one, and teleport again to grab the last two. I had 6 seconds or so to spare. 

Edit: go straight. Or like the League of Legends people call it, run it down mid. 

Edited by NSAlovesMe

9 minutes ago, SilentManiaq said:

practice what? cant you read? english mofo do you speak it? OP said the test itself is easy but $&*&*#(%& archwing controls make it impossible to complete ,and i pretty much agree

you mad?

7 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Because you aren't good enough and need to practice.

Next question.

bcuz i can totally change the velocity of sh*twings with practice horray for superb solutions

2 minutes ago, Ryunokage said:

Because the rest of us are using shift + spacebar.

and whats that supposed to do?

This one's pretty easy TBH.

As everyone stated, afterburners (shift+space). Bonus points for hyperion thrusters.

The archwing controls require some getting used to, just like what was stated as well, which is practice.

It's not as bad a corpus trench runs anyways.

Yes, did it with all AW except odonata prime (gib wings pl0x)

1 hour ago, Sword_Symphony said:

I couldn't pass this ridiculously easy test.

I did the test first try with no practice. Itzal + Hyperion Thrusters, but I didn't even use my Blink. If you're trying to fly through all the rings, you're doing it wrong. If that's not the case, then you just need to practice more. 

Has nobody heard of relays? Those things you can go and practice mastery rank up tests on? Cephalon Simaris has a set of stairs to the right of the entrance with all of the tests available. You can only test 1 rank above your current rank.

7 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

You can do it with an unmodded odonata. =/

Reveal hidden contents

This guy right here above has a great video of how it's done.

Even with an Itzal and Hyperion Thrusters, the new Archwing controls are so bad I couldn't pass this ridiculously easy test. Just bring back the old controls already, or change this test. Its terrible. Its just flying through rings and yet with the new controls the Archwing flies like a boat in thick soup. 

Check his video out. Practice on relays to get good.

like anything that's new that one hasn't used before, some experimentation is recommended before one sees the options available and becomes comfortable with it.

here, i did the 19-20 test literally just now (since this Thread made me look for clips i had and i'd already deleted them....) with an Elytron.
even mucked up the Controls near the start because i pressed the wrong button, which slowed me down.

Edited by taiiat

1 hour ago, SilentManiaq said:

practice what? cant you read? english mofo do you speak it? OP said the test itself is easy but $&*&*#(%& archwing controls make it impossible to complete ,and i pretty much agree

Here. You don't even need Itzal or any mods to complete it.

When I did it I pretty much just flew straight using after burners. I barely used the camera to move a little bit to catch nearby rings completely ignoring anything remotely far. It did take me 2 tries though, but I thought 2 seconds were more than enough for the distance I had left, I was wrong. Having the mission failure screen appear as my warframe was going through the ending and beyond did not feel great.