The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are you considering to buy the next prime access?

(XBOX)lm Cha0s

I am very tempted to buy Prime Access (especially since Banshee is one of my favorite frames), but I am reluctant to do so when only the highest tier of prime access gives me something I cannot farm in-game. If the accessories were in their own pack, I would be happy to buy it and then just farm up the gear myself. I want to support DE, but I can't really afford the high-end stuff on a student budget.

EDIT: I didn't realize the accessories pack existed. I will probably pick that up for Banshee.

Edited by freeformline

It's funny. About a month ago I would have told you, "Absolutely not. Banshee is like the worst frame ever. Why would I want to pay $80 for a frame that sucks?"

God I hated Banshee. I built her because I liked the way she looked. Played a few missions. Got her to 30. Hated it. No armor. No real way to defend herself. Abilities sucked. Yadayadayada. 

I revisted her. Formad her a couple of times. And now... she's in my top five frames. She's amazing. And I feel so bad for giving her so much S#&$ in the past. 

Yes I will be buying the next PA.

I am a big fan of Warframe - but I think their pricing model is broken. In Australia the middle Prime Access tier is the same price as the Deluxe Mass Effect Andromeda pre-order.

My next purchase went to Mass Effect without batting an eye-lid.

Also, as other people have said...farming the next set of prime parts is literally my only thing left to do in the game. It doesn't make much sense to by-pass your only remaining challenge in the game.

So the short answer to the OP question is a no (note: I have bought a reasonable quantity of plat in the past as my way of supporting DE).

Edited by GoneBlank

I've only spent 15 bucks in almost 5k hours, and since DEs pricing for PA borders on extortion I vowed way back to only support them when my main frame gets primed, never ever for anything else. Now that it's time my money is ready to be spent, and considering I've spent next to nothing all this time sacrificing a considerable amount of cash on items I can for the most part get in game anyway feels less like a waste.

Well, I do purchase the Accessories regularly, and if I'm able, I pay for Prime Access. Reason is I like this game, it's lasted me 3 years, only Soul Calibur III ever lasted me this long (back when playing locally was a thing), and I like the devs, so why not pay them some if I am able. Also digital scarf and world domination. Please. It totally works, genius idea.

If I was not able I'd just wait to have those sweet 75% discounts and get me 1000 plat.

I also pay usually the plat for new frames bundles when they come. I love to test the things and hate to wait the time. If the weapons are interesting anyways. If I like the concept for the frame it's obvious I will (Nekros, Oberon, Chroma, Inaros, Nidus). And sometimes the value for some of the bundles is great (Inaros holds one of the best price-items ratio in the game. 3 weapons, a cape, an alt helm a Warframe and a couple of Boosters).

And I keep playing and playing. So yeah.

I will absolutely buy it, 1- DE has my full support for making such an amazing game without subscriptions and charges for  every update. (That forbidden D-word game)

2- Banshee is one of the most deserving frame of a Prime variant and her bundle worth it as well (not to mention that the price of Prime Access' are actually the Plat's not the stuff in it) so that's a Deal!

Edited by (PS4)ArnnFrost

I'd rather just farm all the items. Buying them straight up just means I have less reasons to actually play the game. There are very few exceptions in the game where this logic doesn't apply for me.

Now Prime Accessories on the other hand... If there was something really cool looking and I think I'd get a lot of mileage out of the boosters, maybe. It would need to be something really damn cool looking at that price though.

Only if the accessories are amazing and worth the price. 

Never full prime access anymore. My last one was Rhino Prime. Ever since I could trade prime parts, what's the point of spending that much money now when i can get it just as fast but cheaper or free from trading.

I will always show my support for DE and buy Prime Access. I also buy Prime Access for my partner if she likes a particular frame. And why not, eh? DE makes a fantastic game for free with great updates and lore

This gives me the benefit that [nearly] all the Prime parts I farm go straight to Ducat conversion or gifts to friends :D

Edited by DaiKahn
Missed a word -.-