Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas to make PvP more playable - It has potential!

ThaT_WHiTE_KiiD

I believe there was a thread a while back suggesting that we have a pvp mode where you play as the corpus vs the grineer, and don't have any of the parkour and abilities that make our current conclave so goddamn difficult. even if it's not perfect, it's still  a hell of a lot better than what we have now. I'll post the thread if I can find it

Edited by Greenshockclaw
found it

8 minutes ago, ThaT_WHiTE_KiiD said:

I agree! That sounds like an interesting idea for a game mode. They could even implement a pvp mode where you start out with say only your melee (or sidearm) weapon and have to pick up prepared weapons around the map.

Again, no. Still too different from the base game to be fun for me.

6 minutes ago, Greenshockclaw said:

I believe there was a thread a while back suggesting that we have a pvp mode where you play as the corpus vs the grineer, and don't have any of the parkour and abilities that make our current conclave so goddamn difficult. even if it's not perfect, it's still  a hell of a lot better than what we have now. I'll post the thread if I can find it

That sounds great. I'm sure if players were to actually give it a chance they'd find that they might like it. Unfortunately, what I'm gathering from this thread is that players don't seem to want to give pvp a chance, even if updated ...

Just now, ThaT_WHiTE_KiiD said:

That sounds great. I'm sure if players were to actually give it a chance they'd find that they might like it. Unfortunately, what I'm gathering from this thread is that players don't seem to want to give pvp a chance, even if updated ...

What you should be getting is that people didn't choose Warframe for their PvP, and already have other games in mind for better PvP

14 minutes ago, ThaT_WHiTE_KiiD said:

To many, it's fun to see if you can do well with bad weapons and set ups, or just weapons deemed harder to use, hence why sniper rifles are so popular in shooters.

Well then we have a different view on shooters. My top shooters where quake arena and Call of duty 2 where almost everyone where using rail gun / sniper rifle because they where easy one hit kills.

Just now, VocalMagic said:

What you should be getting is that people didn't choose Warframe for their PvP, and already have other games in mind for better PvP

Just because they didn't choose it for PvP, doesn't mean they can't enjoy the PvP that's in the game. The fact is, PvP is in the game, instead of letting it waste away why not make the best of it and try to improve it to make it a more enjoyable experience for players?

Other games do have better pvp at the moment, but that doesn't mean WF can't improve it's PvP. Beats letting it rot considering it's already in the game.

Just now, DesuTronic said:

Well then we have a different view on shooters. My top shooters where quake arena and Call of duty 2 where almost everyone where using rail gun / sniper rifle because they where easy one hit kills.

In modern shooters sniper rifles don't typically one hit kill unless you get a headshot, which can prove difficult when you're firing a single bullet at a small target. Even in WF PvP where you're sniping ninjas it's a two shot kill unless you manage a headshot.

4 minutes ago, VocalMagic said:

But pvp is already a thing in warframe, and can be used to add content. Warframe is an mmo, and mmos thrive on constant new content. just because you don't think conclave is worth improving doesn't mean that it isn't. believe it or not, there are actually people who enjoy the pvp in this game, and while i'm not one of them, i'm sure they'd love to have more people to play with, and more things to do in conclave. this thread is about ways to improve the gamemode. take your salt elsewhere. 

39 minutes ago, Greenshockclaw said:

But pvp is already a thing in warframe, and can be used to add content. Warframe is an mmo, and mmos thrive on constant new content. just because you don't think conclave is worth improving doesn't mean that it isn't. believe it or not, there are actually people who enjoy the pvp in this game, and while i'm not one of them, i'm sure they'd love to have more people to play with, and more things to do in conclave. this thread is about ways to improve the gamemode. take your salt elsewhere. 

Well said, tbh.

40 minutes ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

I've been playing conclave a lot more in every thinkin of starting a YouTube channel for it . It's very rough but it does have potential. I just wish there were more PS4 players willing to play . 

If DE decides to update conclave I think more people would be down to try it on all platforms. But let me know how the YT channel works out, I've been posting WF content on mine lately too. I'd be down to sub if you started posting.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRkS17Gbs4u1h_W2W7_Z-ZA

My channel

In order to make PVP enjoyable, they have to start at the base of it, meaning the netcode. It's awful, it's laggy, it can be unpredictable. I`ve had so many instances  in the last few PVP events where my sword went through enemies with no damage, ground slam with no damage only knock down [while i was instakilled even though i was hit in the same way i did others], being hit from a sword 2 meters from me wether i was on the ground or mid air. 

Edited by aligatorno

2 hours ago, ThaT_WHiTE_KiiD said:

You don't even wanna give it a chance? What it they update it and it becomes something great?

I don't get my jollies from other people's failure.

The last thing this game need is more encouragement to interpersonal conflict.

I would pay real money to have PvP permanently ripped out of this game.

I love good PVP in first person games. I have never found a game where it feels right with a free camera like Warframe.

Warframe has a pvp that is MEANT to be fast,  you are SUPPOSED to bulletjump allover the place and be a freaking space ninja.

There is only one problem. It doesn't work.

In warframe I allways strategize even when I am just mowing down hundreds of waves just to stay alive, the mind allways looks for escape and ways to attack and the best use of powers, weapons and terrain.

When I have played pvp that side was gone. I was running around and getting oneshot by people I didn't see or was flying through thre air or had a fast Valkyr in my face.

---

If we, as Operators,  took control of new bots designed for Tenno-combat and with a fresh way of battle - that might work. 

A Warframe is kind of like a Jedi. When they fight each other it is supposed to be epic. When stripping away power something is lost.

But imagine playing corpus vs grineer. Would that be fun? Would proxies be fun to play?

Would it be worth finding out if cutting away all that we know from PvE would make PvP a better game?

I think it would.

2 hours ago, Miser_able said:

I like pvp but the main reason I don't do it often is the skill gap. No matter what you use there are still those who will be better than you.  That and oro thieves drive me nuts. 

Yeah the rank system needs to be tweaked most definitely. There's ways the skill gap can be fixed.

22 minutes ago, arch111 said:

I love good PVP in first person games. I have never found a game where it feels right with a free camera like Warframe.

Warframe has a pvp that is MEANT to be fast,  you are SUPPOSED to bulletjump allover the place and be a freaking space ninja.

There is only one problem. It doesn't work.

In warframe I allways strategize even when I am just mowing down hundreds of waves just to stay alive, the mind allways looks for escape and ways to attack and the best use of powers, weapons and terrain.

When I have played pvp that side was gone. I was running around and getting oneshot by people I didn't see or was flying through thre air or had a fast Valkyr in my face.

---

If we, as Operators,  took control of new bots designed for Tenno-combat and with a fresh way of battle - that might work. 

A Warframe is kind of like a Jedi. When they fight each other it is supposed to be epic. When stripping away power something is lost.

But imagine playing corpus vs grineer. Would that be fun? Would proxies be fun to play?

Would it be worth finding out if cutting away all that we know from PvE would make PvP a better game?

I think it would.

I agree I'd love game modes like that. But there should also be classic game modes that provide the fast paced PvP experience (few people like myself) have grown to enjoy. It's not for everybody, though, and can be frustrating and hard to get into, it would also be refreshing for a new type of PvP experience. Definitely open to grineer vs. corpus game modes in the future.

3 hours ago, SilentMobius said:

I don't get my jollies from other people's failure.

The last thing this game need is more encouragement to interpersonal conflict.

I would pay real money to have PvP permanently ripped out of this game.

Your opinion is understandable. But not everyone shares it, I think many would be open to enhancing WF's PvP.

You have to make PVP for PVE players to get them to try out their brand of PVP. They do not want normal PVP modes with death matches, capture the flag, and king of the hill. You have to think Races, Sports, Player controlled monsters, Enviromental hazards. You throw out death animations and place in stunlocks. If someone tea-bags you, they get punched in the tenders. PVE players are really competitive and they do not like that meta-rage tatics. So they avoid it. But play a couple exterminates and watch them claw and bite and bullet jump to be the first to the finish. Lunaro was a good idea for that line of thought but they screwed it up with spam checking and slow snail paced gameplay. I tried it and instantly hated how slow it was, the checking, how small the fields were. Players were coming out of Rocket League. Fast paced, exciting, fun, hard to check someone where they were out of commission. A giant ball always in play, fun. Lunaro...slow and overly complicated, frustrating.... Dead. 

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

56 minutes ago, ThaT_WHiTE_KiiD said:

Your opinion is understandable. But not everyone shares it, I think many would be open to enhancing WF's PvP.

hum enhancing? no! If you want to actually upgrade the pvp, then you have to supress the current system which is a pvp to the fps and redo a new one. A pvp in the same genre as the darksector in the past. A persistent pvp. You suggest in your firt post to attract players with of best reward, but we do not care! We want real pvp, use our equipment end game and  hit each other with goals commum (taking of structures, planet, elination of faction or conquering territory!) If there is nothing of all this, You can put all the rewards you want, I do not put a foot on it!

7 hours ago, Salenstormwing said:

I ignore PvP harder than Archwing.

This statement should make the devs sad. VERY SAD.

Want to know why I don't care about PvP? Because it's boring. Modding for PvP is worthless 99% of the time. No one ever has time to gather enough energy to use any of their high-level powers, and without those, who cares? I don't play Warframe for a sub-adequate PvP experience. I play because I want to feel powerful and awesome. PvP does none of that.

There was this one time when PvP had a lot of power use. It's when folks used Equinox to put their opponents to sleep and then tapped them in the face with a Lex Prime. That wasn't very fun either.

I know this isn't exactly what you want but, you can't be awesome if everyone else should be awesome, and if you don't want a balanced game that totally rewards camping, unfair tactics etc? 

Play some salmon. 

truth is, there's always going to be a crowd of people that don't play PVP, and I'm one of them. I won't speak for other's reasons of course, but mine is that competition is of no real interest to me, and PVP brings out the worst in people, including my own salty side (which has been getting plenty of indulgence thanks to Nioh, that's a damn hard game lol). i do think the Devs should look at PVP more, but do it without irking and starving the PVE crowd. at the end of the day, PVP was a mode tacked on to give longevity to the game, and PVP is basically the easiest way to do that, because it capitalizes on our competitive nature as humans (usually). I'm fine with PVP, I'll leave those people to it, but don't shove it down our throats and don't forget about PvE, that's all I ask.