Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are hidden parkour rooms so ridiculously unrewarding?

Ryouhi

Cool thing, you found a secret door!
Oh, what's this? A timed parkour challenge? This seems neat, i wonder what i'll get at the finish line!

Did it! SO what do i get?

An empty room with a few containers, containing ~50 credits each...

Seriously, at least put an Ayatan or something in them, really just anything that would make it not a complete waste of time and effort.
For having such huge, randomly generated maps, Warframe pretty much does nothing to make me want to explore it even a little bit.

Was this in the Void or Derelict?

For the Void ones, the containers have an increased chance of dropping mods, often rare ones. So these are worth doing, especially for new players.

The Derelict ones however drop nothing special: common resource, credits and ammo only. These can be skipped IMO.

I'd love to be able to find something worthwhile in those rooms, maybe super rare hard to get things like argon scope or other acolyte drops in void and corrupted mods in derelict, it's not always possible to get a team of 4 to go after the derelict vaults so adding them into the drop rotation would be really nice...

Wouldn't it be great if you could get Relics, Ayatan, or even lenses for completing the room? Maybe even have one of those guaranteed for completing it. I think this would be nice along with new challenge rooms that are actually challenging. It would also give the void more purpose than just Argon farm.

On 2/27/2017 at 3:48 AM, Caelward said:

These rooms are really old content actually. The mods here used to be much harder to get, and more importantly...

This stuff predates movement 2.0. It took more skill to get to these containers before than it does now. Unless you knew how to 'copter.

Sighs wistfully.

These rooms will also spawn syndicate emblems in them so be aware of that.

On 3/2/2017 at 4:16 AM, DariusMcSwag said:

Wouldn't it be great if you could get Relics, Ayatan, or even lenses for completing the room?

This would be perfect for them (presuming common lenses only).  Could even include random syndicate emblems (or the statues of them), given the syndicate missions in the void often have them as well.  Potentially even special mods (like corrupted or nightmare ones).

We could leave greater lenses as the only ones in sorties, placing normal ones here instead (if you have completed second dream) and actually let players that haven't done the war within get mroe of them.

There are plenty of other secrets around the tile-sets too, but they offer no real purpose at all, despite the work the team put into having them.  They all need some love.

Yeah, I enjoy doing these challenges (although some are more challenging than others), but the rewards are nonexistent. Mostly just credits, sometimes you'll get a utility mod like intensify, continuity, etc.

Ayatans, lenses, better mods, rare crates, etc all things I wouldn't mind seeing added. If that also means they need to be harder, great!

On 2/27/2017 at 4:34 AM, -NvO-Venom said:

I love how DE tried to give them purpose by giving us ayatan missions.  not sure why those rooms/courses couldn't have just been re-done for parkour 2.0 and slightly higher reward.

People still complain about them being too hard for Parkour 2.0 so I doubt DE wants to make them any, "harder," than they already are.