Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone else just feel mehh about chromas upcoming skin?

According the Concept Art, the Effigy will have energy wings. 

The model itself looks really meh for me as well, mostly because of the the materials. They are too plasticky.

The only thing that I`m really waiting for is the weapon skin, god damn that looks amazing. 

Edited by aligatorno

3 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

The model itself looks really meh for me as well, mostly because of the the materials. They are too plasticky.

This is my problem with it, right here. It looks like a toy from a Power Rangers episode, or something. Really hoping they change the textures up a bit to make them feel at least a bit more metallic.

4 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

The only thing that I`m really waiting for is the weapon skin, god damn that looks amazing. 

Effigy always had wings tho

I mean i dont mind the color or anything like that but it just doesnt have the dragon vibe coming from it..well it does if u think of a chinese or japanese festival but the frame itself wasnt built around that...it just like uk how ash's skin gives out that killer expert assasin and frost's is flat out cool while nova's has this cool animation when her power are used but chroma's is just meh,not perfect,no awesome, or dragony, its just meh

1 hour ago, aligatorno said:

You know that probably wasn't the finished model right? I mean Rebeca did have to use the console to spawn it in instead of equipping it in the arsenal. Probably will have a bit more polish before release, otherwise we'd have it already.

2 minutes ago, Rhundis said:

You know that probably wasn't the finished model right? I mean Rebeca did have to use the console to spawn it in instead of equipping it in the arsenal. Probably will have a bit more polish before release, otherwise we'd have it already.

I`m not sure if they mentioned, but I think they said that they'll only have to finish Effigy and the weapon skins and it's done, implying that the one we saw was the final version. 

I'll have to play with the colors a bit before I can settle on how I feel about it.  While I'm certain there'll be a lot of division amongst us as to whether it's awesome or not, all opinions are correct, I find it good that they're exploring different design ideas and trying to stay fresh. Not everything will be a smash hit though.  

I'll be getting the skin just because it is nicer than the standard skin. But like others have said it does have a look plastic look to it, and the cardboard spikes on the back look cheap, I would much rather they actually put spikes on his back, like you see how dragons have, I can't ever recall seeing pictures or in films of dragons with cardboard strips as spikes on the backs.