Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx Assimilate fix is a massive nerf

Treebiter

1 hour ago, Fluffysbeans said:

Absorb needs to be a channel simply because the split-second that you have out of the ability while casting is going to get you killed in a high level mission. Magnetize doesn't attach directly to the frame, and also is scaled off of duration. Holding power drain on Absorb means that it can be extended nearly indefinitely, but on a weaker scale, while Magnetize's trade-off is a duration based, stationary skill that instead does much higher damage. 

It's funny that you even mentioned those two in conjunction, especially considering Nyx and Mag are my two top-used frames.

Din't relatete to the channel drain but rather the damage drain. It would do just fine with just a channel.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

17 minutes ago, FireSegment said:

yup, this might be what would happen after all this fuss is over

I should hope not, it's not a broken skill by any means, especially considering it limits movement in a game where fast paced movement is key in most missions. Making the drain similar to soundquake would only work if something else improved in proportion to the drain rate, otherwise it's still an unnecessary nerf while ember plenty of other unbalanced simulor and broken mirage menaces roam boltace free

Strange cough I have going on there.

6 hours ago, Hixlysss said:

as such a dev sadly can not test such a thing, and attempting to test it under a non dev account would be difficult at best.

It's not difficult to test at all.  All you need is a Nyx player and someone else to play another frame( or same frame) in the same mission.  Rebecca and Megan do it all the time.  My recommendation is one Nyx and one Saryn.  That will show the effects really quickly. 

1 hour ago, Fluffysbeans said:

unnecessary nerf while ember plenty of other unbalanced simulor and broken mirage menaces roam boltace free

Strange cough I have going on there.

Ember is easily topped by range (saryn spores, mesa) Simulor isn't fast (litteraly any frame with range) and boltace is, special strategys aside, just a meta unfriendly melee weapon with nice range. (melee meta, combo/crit builds that is)

Definitly a strange cough. So focused on meta while completely ignoring everything that was changed for the better for these last years....what wasn't exactly considered like that by the community. Meta bashing while clinging to the meta is a very strange behavior for a cough indeed.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

I've been testing out this change a lot and I have to say two things:

1. AOE damage and friendly fire drains my energy way faster now.

2. When I am reviving allies while in my bubble, they will shoot at enemies but all the damage they deal is absorbed by me and drains me completely.

Just did today's sortie assassination. Whenever a Grineer Manic jumps in front of me, my allies shoot at it and I tank all the incoming damage that misses. This is beyond frustrating.

As for constructive feedback that @[DE]Rebecca was asking for, I have these two ideas:

1. Limit the energy drain friendly fire inflicts on Nyx or just revert the change.

2. Give Assimilate a good reason to absorb damage from allies, such as moving faster while in the bubble whenever you charge up damage. This would give players a logical reason to charge up the bubble.

If none of these changes or ideas are implemented or reverted, please watch this video I made:

Edited by OmniXVII

On 3/10/2017 at 11:15 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Luckily I hadn't finished the Sortie yet and there is a Defense mission up - this sets the field for one of my favourite Nyx Assimilate strategies. Hopping in a Defense Shotgun-Only Sortie with my 'Terminator Nyx' to protect the Ally after this change was the perfect testing ground for me - especially in Public matchmaking where you're never sure what others will bring to the table.

I'm conflicted about what I found - I expected to see the sky falling, especially with a full Public team with Shotguns! With my Assimilate build, I was still able to maintain Godmode Assimilate for each wave, stopping in between to hustle for drops and stock up on energy. I only removed my '4' in combat once to run to a fallen Squad mate to quickly reactivate it.

When the final Wave hit things got a little hairy - as they should - and I had to adapt with quick movements and Energy restock, only losing my Absorb once.

Is more testing necessary? Absolutely - that goes for everyone in this thread who has claimed we've ruined something that they themselves have not tried out.

It has been a while since Nyx has gone under any serious discussion so we'll see how far we can open this door based on the constructive feedback that takes place.

An excuse to play even more Nyx though? Sign me up.

I'm just reposting Tactical Potato's review on the Nyx Assimilate change and his stress-test on the friendly fire mechanic that was implemented (Pox, Synoid Simulor, Antimatter Drop). He's hit on the right, proper, and critical marks as to why this fix is unwarranted and unnecessary.

Imho, the change should be reverted for the sake of build/play diversity for Nyx. The change to Assimilate all of a sudden after months of player adaptation to the augment's utility renders it undesirable and inhibiting to teamplay, and the friendly fire mechanic does more harm to player survivability/sensibility than good for Absorb damage output. As noted earlier, as much as we have helpful players in the Warframe community, we equally have as much trolls and toxic players that would like to see another player in co-op drop dead.

The video was posted earlier in the thread, but may have been lost in the torrent of comments:

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23
Additional comments

Let's take a hypothetical look at what would happen if they had made Nova's Anti-matter Drop ability (which takes on team damage but doesn't explode once it is maxed out by either caster, team-mate or enemy damage) actually explode at the point where the damage is maxed out; every Nova player in the game would be saying how useless that ability is because their team-mates are making it explode before the anti-matter sphere hits a target or nearby surface - therefore making it very ineffective. The difference between Nova's ability and Nyx's ability is that Nova isn't penalised by team-damage, whereas Nyx is.

Sure I understand the Assimilate mod didn't function as DE had first intended (only now after they "fix" it though, no indication was given beforehand that the augment was broken) but when the community is actually happier with something one way, perhaps it's time DE acknowledged that Nyx's absorb ability would be better off if it did not take on team-damage? If this was the case we would have a very usable frame, one that a lot more people might feel happier to use because they finally have more than one ability going for them against high level enemies besides just Chaos, and we could also continue to stalk the hallways as TerminatorNyx, laughing maniacally at the level 150 enemies shooting hopelessly at us while our team-mates murder them (without draining us Nyx players of energy!) ;]

This issue was incredibly visible in today's and yesterday's assassination sortie. Because Tyl Regor gets into melee range of my Nyx, my friend couldn't avoid but shoot me as well. So much for the energy pizzas we had used. If this stays like this, goodbye my fun times of having Assimilate Nyx in public missions.

23 hours ago, (Xbox One)The Carbonite said:

Judging by that response I don't think you've ever played Nyx using her assimilate mod or know what the change DE has implemented on PC is going to do...the Assimilate build was only viable because your team-mates couldn't add damage - meaning your energy only drained when an enemy was shooting you with absorb/Assimilate triggered. Now that team-mates can add damage to your ability it will mean your energy gets drained ridiculously fast whenever they shoot your absorb bubble - part of the problem with absorb, and now Assimilate, is that your team-mates could troll you as a Nyx player and drain your energy to 0, triggering your ability and leaving you with 0 energy surrounded by high level enemies as a squishy frame like Nyx. Do you see now why this change is a big problem for anyone who liked using Nyx?

i played nyx

shes still powerful

On 9-3-2017 at 11:59 PM, Treebiter said:

In fact, without Assimilate, Nyx degenerates into a one-trick pony.

Although i disagree with your opinion on that Nyx is a one- trick pony without assimilate.

I do however  agree on that  other players shouldn`t be able to interfere or ``troll``   Nyx`s  assimilate  adsorption skill itself in a negative way.

We have seen that enough in the past.

I personally think Nyx is a great frame and augment mods should complement her skills, not punish.

Edited by Makinar

I used to main Nyx during the earlier times. I lost interest in her shortly after irradiated disarm came out for Loki while she still had a cooldown on chaos. I tried to come back to her time and again, and I couldn't just stick with her. The only thing truly going for her was her chaos and that alone wasn't enough to make her appealing. When I learned assimilate didn't have friendly fire after taking her in a melee-only sortie, I became more interested. It was nice to have another ability that I can use more commonly than her 3.

Nerfing assimilate means I'll look to other frames for enjoyment, maybe go back to Loki since he does more and fulfills Nyx's chaos at the same time. Please revert this "fix" and don't take away one of the best things going for Nyx.

Edited by Pizzarugi

4 hours ago, OmniXVII said:

As OmniXVII's video has shown, a Rhino with a Roar build and an optimized Tigris Prime one-shotted an Assimilate Nyx equipped with a regular Flow with one clip. Other people have mentioned that it takes 2-3 clips on an optimized Tigris Prime to take down, assumingly, a Nyx Prime equipped with maxed Primed Flow (637 energy). A Mirage with a Synoid Simulor or a Telos Boltace user can also easily denounce a Nyx's Assimilate bubble in a matter of seconds because of the friendly fire mechanic.

My only constructive feedback to this change is simply revert it completely. No compromises whatsoever. The change immediately disenfranchises the Assimilate Augment's utility after months of user adaptation, basically makes it less desirable to use it since it behaves just like Absorb with the exception of diminished Movement Speed and allowed user activity (though why would you considering the risk of a complete drain to your energy pool from friendly fire), and it utterly destroys several unique methods to use Nyx such as safely using self-damage weapons or utilizing a Taunt/Damage-Redirect/Tank build in a high-aggro, high level (lv100+) mission that would've welcomed this role.

I personally feel that making Assimilate take friendly-fire damage, a feature that Absorb already does, was an ill-advised and unthoughtful change to the augment that we didn't need. Assimilate as it was before wasn't gamebreaking by any means, it was not op, and it opened several avenues to play Nyx and to play her effectively and enjoyably. Now she has very little to go by except relying on her 3 constantly and going on the move constantly before the Assimilate augment was introduced.

I repeat: Please revert the changes, DE. Thank you.

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23

Bad points that have been raised:

"Nyx assimilate isn't even overpowered!" It's not?  Granted it makes you move slowly, which is bad for running and gunning, but in pretty much every instance where you have to hold position or face tank some damage or fight a boss it trivializes the game. When modded for power efficiency, Nyx only loses 2 energy per 1000 damage absorbed, which makes the total effective hit points of a Nyx without flow somewhere around 100K hitpoints (you lose some energy to the casting and the energy/second maintenance).  Max rank primed flow gives her something like 300K hitpoints in one, long, uninterruptible pool of godmode.

"This makes Nyx totally unsuable." Nyx is primarily designed as a crowd control frame. Her crowd control capabilities were not touched at all.  If Nyx not being able to stay in face-tank mode through an entire mission is cramping your style, then you're playing the wrong frame (try Inaros, Valkyr, or Wukong)

"Nyx is a one-button frame now!" Nope. Mind controlling a healer to give your team 90% damage resist, or grabbing a heavy eximus to tank for you, is a seriously game-changing move. Psychic bolts is the weakest of her abilities admittedly.

"Our energy is too precious to have it wasted" Disingenuous. Every tryhard team has an vampire Trinity on it, and even if you're being casual, it takes you only a few seconds to duck out of combat and eat some pizza to get back your hundreds of thousands of EHP.  If the energy economy were not so easy to break I might have more sympathy for this argument.

"We need Assimilate to cheese kuva flood missions using guardian derision!" Level 100 missions are not supposed to be easy.  Guess it's time to learn how to play these fights the way they were intended to be played, with careful timing and skillful maneuvering.

Good points that have been raised:

"If this wasn't what DE intended, they should have fixed it months ago" This one is actually true:  DE has a very bad track record when it comes to fixing balance problems.  The faster the fix comes, the less political cost there is. Letting issues lay dormant for months (or years) just leads to players getting entrenched and invested in bad habits.

"I shouldn't have my warframe powers ruined by people trolling me (deliberately or not)"  Of course.

"It's silly that players can spend all my energy in seconds when that same energy would keep me going a long time against enemy fire."  And that's because player DPS outclasses enemy DPS by 2 orders of magnitude. The thing is, Tenno are the glassiest glass cannons that ever cannoned, so the enemy's 1% of our damage output still totally wrecks our face.

The basic problem I see is that people are in this mindset where they are going to use Assimilate, and stay in Assimilate.  When you're face tanking a boss, that's silly.  When you're parked on a mission objective and making the enemies literally unable to touch it, that's silly.  Assimilate and Absorb become truly abusive when the game allows you to just STAY in this mode for long period of time being invulnerable (and everything behind you being invulnerable). Being an occasional Nyx player myself, I don't want Assimilate or Absorb promoting gameplay where you are just god until you run out of energy. It's boring and also not really thematic to Nyx. Putting Assimilate back to the way it was, where players cannot take allied damage and thus stay in Assimilate for minutes at a time (potentially indefinitely, under the right circumstances) isn't a good thing for the game.

So, I offer a suggestion for a rework of the ability that might be more interesting and fair:

• Absorb costs 25 energy to cast.
  • It is a toggle power that costs 5 energy per second to maintain. Each second that Absorb is active, cost in energy per second increases by 1.
  • Absorb's energy cost is not affected by damage taken, and total damage contributed by players cannot exceed total damage contributed by enemies.
  • When you end Absorb, you gain the debuff "Absorb Fatigue", for the same duration that you were in Absorb for.  This debuff counts down in realtime and will disappear once the time is gone. If you Absorbed for 7 seconds, then you have 7 seconds of Fatigue, and the debuff will be on you for 7 seconds.
  • If you cast Absorb while you have Fatigue as a debuff, Fatigue's time is added to your Absorb's time as far as calculating its energy cost per second.  If you have 6 seconds of Fatigue and starting absorbing, the energy cost will start at 11 (base of 5 + 6 seconds).
  • Assimilate removes detonation damage entirely (when you release the ability, no damage is dealt to enemies, just a small radius of knockdown) but as per current leaves you able to walk, shoot, and interact.  Same fatigue mechanics.

Essentially an "overheat" mechanic.  This means Absorb is cheap if you only use it briefly, and only spend 50% of your total time in Absorb mode. When you use it intelligently and reactively in response to what the enemy is doing. But if you try to camp in Absorb for long periods of time, it will become VERY expensive in energy, and leave you with a huge debt of Fatigue when you stop. It makes the ability more interesting and less abusive, and it removes the troll potential of team mates shooting you while absorbing.

Edited by Momaw

55 minutes ago, Momaw said:

Bad points that have been raised:

"Nyx assimilate isn't even overpowered!" It's not?  Granted it makes you move slowly, which is bad for running and gunning, but in pretty much every instance where you have to hold position or face tank some damage or fight a boss it trivializes the game. When modded for power efficiency, Nyx only loses 2 energy per 1000 damage absorbed, which makes the total effective hit points of a Nyx without flow somewhere around 100K hitpoints (you lose some energy to the casting and the energy/second maintenance).  Max rank primed flow gives her something like 300K hitpoints in one, long, uninterruptible pool of godmode.

"This makes Nyx totally unsuable." Nyx is primarily designed as a crowd control frame. Her crowd control capabilities were not touched at all.  If Nyx not being able to stay in face-tank mode through an entire mission is cramping your style, then you're playing the wrong frame (try Inaros, Valkyr, or Wukong)

"Nyx is a one-button frame now!" Nope. Mind controlling a healer to give your team 90% damage resist, or grabbing a heavy eximus to tank for you, is a seriously game-changing move. Psychic bolts is the weakest of her abilities admittedly.

"Our energy is too precious to have it wasted" Disingenuous. Every tryhard team has an vampire Trinity on it, and even if you're being casual, it takes you only a few seconds to duck out of combat and eat some pizza to get back your hundreds of thousands of EHP.  If the energy economy were not so easy to break I might have more sympathy for this argument.

"We need Assimilate to cheese kuva flood missions using guardian derision!" Level 100 missions are not supposed to be easy.  Guess it's time to learn how to play these fights the way they were intended to be played, with careful timing and skillful maneuvering.

Good points that have been raised:

"If this wasn't what DE intended, they should have fixed it months ago" This one is actually true:  DE has a very bad track record when it comes to fixing balance problems.  The faster the fix comes, the less political cost there is. Letting issues lay dormant for months (or years) just leads to players getting entrenched and invested in bad habits.

"I shouldn't have my warframe powers ruined by people trolling me (deliberately or not)"  Of course.

"It's silly that players can spend all my energy in seconds when that same energy would keep me going a long time against enemy fire."  And that's because player DPS outclasses enemy DPS by 2 orders of magnitude. The thing is, Tenno are the glassiest glass cannons that ever cannoned, so the enemy's 1% of our damage output still totally wrecks our face.

The basic problem I see is that people are in this mindset where they are going to use Assimilate, and stay in Assimilate.  When you're face tanking a boss, that's silly.  When you're parked on a mission objective and making the enemies literally unable to touch it, that's silly.  Assimilate and Absorb become truly abusive when the game allows you to just STAY in this mode for long period of time being invulnerable (and everything behind you being invulnerable). Being an occasional Nyx player myself, I don't want Assimilate or Absorb promoting gameplay where you are just god until you run out of energy. It's boring and also not really thematic to Nyx. Putting Assimilate back to the way it was, where players cannot take allied damage and thus stay in Assimilate for minutes at a time (potentially indefinitely, under the right circumstances) isn't a good thing for the game.

So, I offer a suggestion for a rework of the ability that might be more interesting and fair:

• Absorb costs 25 energy to cast.
  • It is a toggle power that costs 5 energy per second to maintain. Each second that Absorb is active, cost in energy per second increases by 1.
  • Absorb's energy cost is not affected by damage taken, and total damage contributed by players cannot exceed total damage contributed by enemies.
  • When you end Absorb, you gain the debuff "Absorb Fatigue", for the same duration that you were in Absorb for.  This debuff counts down in realtime and will disappear once the time is gone. If you Absorbed for 7 seconds, then you have 7 seconds of Fatigue, and the debuff will be on you for 7 seconds.
  • If you cast Absorb while you have Fatigue as a debuff, Fatigue's time is added to your Absorb's time as far as calculating its energy cost per second.  If you have 6 seconds of Fatigue and starting absorbing, the energy cost will start at 11 (base of 5 + 6 seconds).
  • Assimilate removes detonation damage entirely (when you release the ability, no damage is dealt to enemies, just a small radius of knockdown) but as per current leaves you able to walk, shoot, and interact.  Same fatigue mechanics.

Essentially an "overheat" mechanic.  This means Absorb is cheap if you only use it briefly, and only spend 50% of your total time in Absorb mode. When you use it intelligently and reactively in response to what the enemy is doing. But if you try to camp in Absorb for long periods of time, it will become VERY expensive in energy, and leave you with a huge debt of Fatigue when you stop. It makes the ability more interesting and less abusive, and it removes the troll potential of team mates shooting you while absorbing.

Good points all around but calling Nyx Assimilate a "cheese tactic" in Kuva Floods is wrong. There are so many other ways to complete a Kuva Flood mission with minimal effort, and I don't know why Assimilate Nyx is always attributed as the cheese strat when there are even better Warframes out there at "cheesing" it. Pick Loki and stay invisible the entire time, use Wukong or other immortal frames and just go afk while waiting for kuva to spawn. 

Also Assimilate is incredibly over-rated on Kuva Floods. I have never stayed in my Assimilate bubble during the entire duration of the kuva collecting. The Kuva Guardians are right on your arse since you are standing completely still and draining your energy.

Edited by OmniXVII

On 3/11/2017 at 0:11 AM, PsiWarp said:

>Except instead of enemies being the cause [of purposed energy drain], it's your allies. Assimilate used to be the band-aid for this; it made Absorb fun to use again without fear of leaving you without energy for casting and Quick Thinking. Still, the default ability was left untouched, and now with the fix, the flaw with damage threshold energy drain is much more apparent.

I appreciate what PsiWarp was saying here, but in particular he reminds us that "the default ability was left untouched." This is very important because what i believe the original purpose of absorb was to allow Nyx to become invincible, while also charging a bomb via "absorbing" damage from enemies, and allies could assist in that charging buy supplying more of their damage at the cost of energy. This works. It has it's flaws such as certain randoms from Pug's, but in the hands of a mildly skilled player it allowed Nyx to be used in a variety of missions and prove very useful. 

What the Assimilate mod did was fix the issue of "friendly (or troll-friendly) fire, while allowing you to use your weapons, your other 3 abilities, res. allies, and defend objectives. All at the cost of range and mobility {Side Note: technically a buff in mobility when compared to un-augmented Absorb, but still a significant decrease to mobility when compared to typical gameplay, especially considering that when activated with Assimilate, all other mobility-enhancing mods are "deactivated").

What Assimilate also did was, as PsiWarp said: "it made Absorb fun to use again..."

• It's quick and easy to cast
  • It allows players less-than-semi-free-movement letting them continue Playing the game.
  • It allowed her access to late end-game activities as part of the ever-exclusive club of tanks.
  • Last but not least it made her fun!

She became a god-tier Warframe that anyone can enjoy. Added to her other abilities that you could now use made her incredibly bad* without replacing, in any sense of the word, any of the other Top-Tier Warframes to choose from! No warframe was built entirely with solo-play in mind; therefore Nyx must be usable alongside a team (obviously). And yet, granting her a mod that can prove counter productive to that entire notion just doesn't seem logical. 

Please oh Space-Mother! hear our wails! Answer us please with news of a new fix that allows us to continue playing the game without having to worry about stray bullets or grenades or pricks on Pugs!

/Signed.

As for constructive feedback - the movement speed reduction was, in my opinion, enough of a penalty for using the augment to justify leaving it alone. If you want to have friendly-fire feed her damage output when the ability is detoggled - that's great, but honestly I never cared that their damage didn't do that and felt that soaking it from NPC enemies was just fine as is, I'd rather not be trolled *every* time I do a sortie with a public group where I feel like Nyx is the right tool for a mission type (survival/mobile defense in Kuva fortress for example). That's exactly what happens by the way - it doesn't matter if you're the one putting out the most hurt on the enemies, reviving your fallen teammates or just generally trying to be a good samaritan and pull your weight on the team - there will always be one idiot who goes "Derp! Shoot your shield down, LOLZ" (that's what they sound like - source: factual study I did not just make up).

My vote is to revert it to how it was before this update - regardless of whether that was an accident/bug, players liked it and it gave Nyx a reason to be dusted off, forma'd and experimented with.

22 hours ago, TotallyLagging said:

If you're going to start using the "Stop being such a whiny [expletive]" card at least know what you're talking about. If you think the change is fine, if you somehow found a way to alleviate the ridiculous energy consumption, then prove it. Give me a video, and I'll admit that I'm wrong. But so far I have seen nothing.

i don't think being emotionally attached to things helps one make better calls on mechanics in a Video Game.
(because it doesn't)

not consistent, consistent. simple binary situation.
if you want to adjust some of the mechanic(s) Absorb has, that's a different matter and like anything go nuts. either way, fixing an inconsistency. being against it is strictly an emotional response.

emotional investment isn't useful, facts are.
i can only hope that Warframe isn't balanced and adjusted around obfuscated clips off of Youtube where people show only the extremes that support themselves, and nothing else. or trying to write as much crap as possible to suggest showing all sides but having a double standard conveniently in favor of their preferences.
that is not useful information. only facts are. people aren't good about facts though.

On 3/10/2017 at 8:15 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Luckily I hadn't finished the Sortie yet and there is a Defense mission up - this sets the field for one of my favourite Nyx Assimilate strategies. Hopping in a Defense Shotgun-Only Sortie with my 'Terminator Nyx' to protect the Ally after this change was the perfect testing ground for me - especially in Public matchmaking where you're never sure what others will bring to the table.

I'm conflicted about what I found - I expected to see the sky falling, especially with a full Public team with Shotguns! With my Assimilate build, I was still able to maintain Godmode Assimilate for each wave, stopping in between to hustle for drops and stock up on energy. I only removed my '4' in combat once to run to a fallen Squad mate to quickly reactivate it.

When the final Wave hit things got a little hairy - as they should - and I had to adapt with quick movements and Energy restock, only losing my Absorb once.

Is more testing necessary? Absolutely - that goes for everyone in this thread who has claimed we've ruined something that they themselves have not tried out.

It has been a while since Nyx has gone under any serious discussion so we'll see how far we can open this door based on the constructive feedback that takes place.

An excuse to play even more Nyx though? Sign me up.

Ok, let's do one thing: The next time you run a mission with Assimilate Nyx, send me an invite. Every time you go into your 4, I will actively troll you by shooting at you, thus draining your energy and leaving you defenseless to die. This is clearly a problem. As developers, you should always take into account trolling which can and will occur in your game (this exact thing happened to me twice in sorties). You guys did good when you allowed players to roll to exit the Rift (thus somewhat preventing trolling by Limbo players), but you've opened the floodgates for people to troll Assimilate Nyx players. It won't happen to you because you're a part of DE. But for the rest of us, bringing Assimilate Nyx in public matches is a pain.

As for constructive criticisms, I have a few:

1. Revert Assimilate back to the way it was
OR
2. Make friendly fire drain a small fraction of energy and absorb a small fraction of damage
OR
3. Let Assimilate Nyx absorb ALL friendly fire and drain no energy from friendly fire (while nerfing the amount of damage Assimilate can take per shot). This option would result in better team synergy.