Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The new UI

iwoply

just a heads up for the devs,  apparently the ui scale sliders and the adjust hud margin are flat out BROKEN. min max, middle, restart without restart. NOTHING changes. I don't have 3 monitors ducktaped to each other for CSI view so can I PLEASE have adjustable ui back? because the oh so great mandichord is now unusable because the volume things are 90% off screen and unreachable. 

1 hour ago, franky702 said:

Has the HUD element always been tilted like that? Is the new FOV warping things towards the center causing nausea and headache? I've added straight line to see how tilted it is.XhMA4Ur.jpg

I was thinking this as well, i really dont remember the ui being tilted towards the center, but looking at my old screenshots, this isn't new with this patch at least

so you pretend to cramm this half baked stuff down the throats of everyone with "normal" resolutions and leave it as so its cool??? dont you see everyone saying it looks horrible? what made you THINK this was they way foward making the game look better, when it obviously makes it look Worse for MOST people?! I dont even want to start the new quest with that abomination of GUI. roll it back. delete it. fix it asap. but do something, please.

[Options -> HUD] now have "HUD Scale" variable (parameter) from 100% to 300%

But for me it not working - looks like it always use 300% with any "HUD Scale"

i think whole problem(bug) in this - "HUD Scale" just not properly used somewhere in "code" (or bypass)

Edited by ScorpyX

Since latest patches (octavia update) my UI is freaking huge... im using 1980 by 1080 resolution and the UI is just taking too much space specially on the star chart. already tried setting UI hud into minimum but still no changes.

Another issue i am having is the FPS drops during missions. before i had a consistent 60fps with maybe frame drops up to 58fps at its worst. now the FPS drops are just ridiculous that it messes up the game for me. it drops up to 40-45 that the game seems like its stuttering when i am on missions

hoping you will look into this.

Firstly, it is too big that it actually hinders your eyesight. Eyes hurt after playing few more rounds. 

Second, the graphic is ugly with this over big UI, it is like over soaked in water and bloated with low resolutions. 

Thirdly, with the frost globe, people cant see anything, take away his skill or fix his annoying skill. 

Thanks.

3 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

Because it was an issue beyond any 1920x1080 resolution. The UI was basically 1600x900, so you can imagine 1440p, 1620p and 4K. I tried them all. It was a hassle.

Consoles are a thing too, and both of the platforms Warframe is available on are pushing for 4K.

So trying to deny an actual improvement to a number of players when it should not have a terrible effect on the rest of us is... Well. The issue here is not how many 4K users are, the issue here is how this was tackled -- not because it's a bad job, but because any screenshot during development, anyone having their hands on it, ANYTHING would have helped a lot to improve it before it shipped.

+1 the cost is too much right now. this should become DE's top priority to fix.

Edited by SLIMJIMMONSTER

If I move this slider to anything over 100, the chat options when I right click become completely unusable (the game won't allow me to click on any of the options) . Im playing on a 2560 x 1440p screen if that has to do with anything.

7 hours ago, chrisx1125 said:

I feel slightly nauseous looking at the new in-your-face resolution. Wish I was joking. Please go back to reasonably-sized menus, or at least let us adjust it with the HUD scale slider. 

Current changes are making it unplayable for me after a few minutes in game, getting headaches again like when archwing was first released with that terrible shaky camera effects. Its not just the UI bothering me the FOV in game feels zoomed as well, checked out the relay and did 1 capture mission and was already feeling sick by the end of it. Hope a fix is in the works, will have to stay off till then. 

Edited by kattskinner

So this is deliberate? To accommodate 1% of 4K users you have inconvenienced rest 99% of us? I understand hard circumstances you have to work in sometimes, but guys, your shortsightedness about certain changes and implications they have can really surprise me. This is horrendous, please, turn it into some kind of option, I cannot play like this. 

Indeed, I can't get my head around this, it's just horrible to look at... hopefully its fixed soon.

It even screws me up on doing the grineer door puzzles, you get used to what youve been playing on for so long then they do this and it messes with ya muscle memory or summin