The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

octavia's anthem is too difficault

zoobmer

What? The sentients arent that hard. I ran a Rhino, unloaded into them with a Soma, and rolled away anytime they counter-attacked. When they spawned in groups, I hit 'em with Madurai Laser and took out 3-4 very quickly. Just pace yourself.

With patience, preparation and a variety of damage types, you can win the day. 

But one thing, that platforming section...pure rage.

Use Excalibur's blind and sword attack. Sentients are not hard
the final boss mechanic is difficult. Because it is a BOSS. its not impossible
I for one welcome a challenge. I don't want everything to be easy breezy.

Edited by Iccotak

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Tips :

1. Use machine gun. I killed those thiongs with soma and no riven. looks scary but its not

2. Jump while aiming ( glide better )

3. bring pizzas

any frame will do. the whole idea is you jump to the panel as fast as possible and clear as fast as possible

if you are bad at jumping, use TITANIA.

I used Mag and the arca plasmor. Magnetize on them and watch them melt before they even can get a chance to do any damage. Bonus if you can get multiple with one cast.

Honestly though, you should get used to fighting more and more sentients if they are the main baddy in WF.

Easiest way to beat Sentients I've found. It's a little cheesy, but it works. 

Excalibur - STEEL charge, vitality, flow, steel fiber, rage, continuity, stretch, streamline, chromatic blade/intensify

Literally any melee weapon - Pressure Point, Drifting Contact, Volcanic Edge, voltaic strike, Berserker, fury, fever strike, life strike/another elemental. 

Use Exalted Blade, jump in the air, use Radial Blind. Get up close and melee them down. If you are having an issue with the damage reducers, go operator and then either blast or laser them. Resets the damage reductions. With them blind you do more damage and they can't hurt you. Sentients really aren't a problem and with this build I can solo Sentients up to 60 minutes on Lua Survival. After that I need a little help. 

They aren't badly designed enemies. I actually enjoy sentient fights. I wish they were in more missions and the sentient Faction as a whole was made more prevalent. 

2 hours ago, Acersecomic said:

In what universe?

it does take 4 :

3 teammates that are totally clueless that go down every 5 seconds so you can get your daily teabag achievement done, and you to just melt them with almost any frame and weapon and tenno.

Back to the OP's point, given how many people completed it successfully, and the fact they are DAMAGED sentients, not even full power ones, I think DE got the quest difficulty right.  If someone can't do it, they need to run other missions to level up their stuff, and get better at modding, dealing damage, and avoiding damage - basically get better at the game before doing it.

I used an EV build Trinity.

Energy Vampire deals %damage to the sentients that they cannot resist, it's slower than OP weapons, but it gives you energy. If you have the augment, you get shields/overshields too which you'll want.

I then use this energy to use Blessing (4) to heal myself

You can use Link if you are a hybrid build.

Did I die? Yes, once. But I did it while being lazy.

On 3/26/2017 at 12:16 PM, ZBanx said:

it takes a full squad to defeat sentients. yet this quest throws them at the player in drones, and expects them to beat the sentients on their own. please fix this quest to either be easier, or to allow a full team.

edit: none of the stuff you guys are saying help with the obscene DPS that Sentients have, which keeps killing me.

use rhino simple cant die while ironskin is active and the metronome wont know you down when it passes through you