Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lets talk about public games and our problem solving

Insane-Mana

I'm starting this topic to prevent future nerfs of your Favorite frame or weapon.

So the last few days i see 2 groups of people Those who are happy with the nerfs and those that are not. Keep in mind i'm not here to discuss if the nerfs are valid or not.

Now lets say i join a game and of defense and there is a slova, slowing down lvl 20 enemy's, who am i to tell him or her how to play? Solution? Leave the game and restart.. takes like 10 seconds.

This can be applied to all frames and weapons that annoy you.

To the new tenno reading this i would like to say that because you are new you dont have access YET to big powerful weapons or frames, so obviously when you go in public games there's a big chance of some player doing all the killing or most of it. Be patient and your time will come.

To everyone else, i dont tell you how to play the game, plz dont tell me how to play the game.

Here's the thing, why should I have to leave a squad for the umpteenth time every time some other player has something that removes game play for others? Things need to be brought in line, and the weapon balance pass addressed it without destroying the weapons. Most of those are gross over exagorations. 

When one player removes the fun from three others, that is multiplied by thousands of games, then something must be addressed. Simply telling everyone to leave and ignore it will not solve the base issue. I won't tell you how to play, but don't sit there and tell me how to play around obviously broken things abused by others.

Edited by CrazyCortex

Disagree with this on all points.

This round of nerfs was implemented with the same rationale as many of the prior nerfs by DE, that weapons/warframes were trivialising game play and negatively impacting on someone else's game experience.

Its ironic that @Insane-Mana should stand upon his soap box and demand that you should not tell him how to play the game, when he is doing the precise thing by telling you to quit and find a new game should you find yourself in a match with someone using a meta-loadout.

Its made all the worse by him  behaving in a manner that more or less forces his mode of play upon you with no means, method or agency to change it.

My recommendation is to continue reporting and responding to these modes of play by remaining active on the forums and social media, providing what feedback you can to DE so that they can make the necessary changes and improvements in the game. In doing so you can keep warframe balanced and accessible for all modes of play, improving not only your own play experience, but also for other people in the same boat.

Wait, Slow Nova is bad now?  People will quit if they join a match with a Nova that is working as designed?  I mean, really?  Especially since on level 20 enemies, don't they mostly sort of pop instantly if you throw a rock in their general direction with Antimatter Spread stuck to them?

3 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

Wait, Slow Nova is bad now?  People will quit if they join a match with a Nova that is working as designed?  I mean, really?  Especially since on level 20 enemies, don't they mostly sort of pop instantly if you throw a rock in their general direction with Antimatter Spread stuck to them?

Off topic, but to answer your question, Slowva will slow down a defense mission against trivial enemies such as the Infested. I will leave Akkad matches if there's a Slowva on my team who won't stop using her 4.

6 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

Wait, Slow Nova is bad now?

If you are farming for Experience in Akkad, the least you want on your team is a slova.

Cause I certainly don't want to make my farm go longer than required (Speedvas are always welcome on Akkad).

Edit...

I also hate Frost players in Akkad, Specially those with really annoying small bubbles and slow augment...

Edited by NecromancerX69
Forgot to add frost players

21 minutes ago, Insane-Mana said:

Now lets say i join a game and of defense and there is a slova, slowing down lvl 20 enemy's, who am i to tell him or her how to play? Solution? Leave the game and restart..

I agree on this. Cause I don't want frost players on my Akkad farm. Some times I do ask them to take down their bubble, if they don't comply I simply leave the game or wait the required 5 waves and leave as early as possible.

(Instant ragequit if they use the slow mod)

20 minutes ago, Insane-Mana said:

To everyone else, i dont tell you how to play the game, plz dont tell me how to play the game.

I won't tell you how to play if you go and do it solo! Get in a public mission and I am sure as heck going to say something about the lack of teamplay when one guy goes around and sucks the fun for the rest of that team. It is a team based game not a 1 + 3 latch team game.

Regardless of whether people even talk about particular weapons as the statistics that DE would need are right in front of them while they collect the data of gameplay. Balances will happen no matter what.

1 hour ago, CrazyCortex said:

and the weapon balance pass addressed it without destroying the weapons

I'll admit I haven't tried out the Synoid Simulor since the changes (I didn't really use it much before anyway), but it does sound like it has been completely crushed from reading the update notes.

Although given the number of errors that were made about the stats of the weapon in DE's post I guess only practical testing will show the truth.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

On the new player side of the topic, i always encourage holding back when there're newbies. Why spoil the fun?

What actually motivated me in the past and since i've come back was the stronger players, i asked them question and it got me to where i am now.

To some others that replied: My suggestions are only that.. suggestions. And i made them suggestions not because DE Cares about game balance. If they did they would als nerfs ember with her wof same go's for Equinox (or how ever its spelled) same mechanic and even more powerful when done right. Lets not forget about the ultimate cheese frame loki with basically never ending invis. If they care about balance they would have spend their time reworking frames like zephyr, oberon etc. No instead they nerf the weapons that allowed the player that dont have god like aim or mechanic mastery to go into to sorties and stay longer in defense or survival. And saying the boltace and tonker where not broken with these nerfs is just ignorant.

peace!

1 minute ago, ChuckMaverick said:

I'll admit I haven't tried out the Synoid Simulor since the changes (I didn't really use it much before anyway), but it does sound like it has been completely crushed from reading the update notes.

Although given the number of errors that were made about the stats of the weapon in DE's post I guess only practical testing will show the truth.

I tested it a little, and now you can basically make one big &#! explosion insta killing most mob group in seconds. That even with the broken way it fires atm.  I still take it with me to cheese missions.

18 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Keep in mind there is a bug with the simulor that prevents the orbs from combining. That will most likely be fixed after the weekend (DE is usually off on the weekends). I would give it a good hard test after the bugfixes and tweaks to come. 

17 minutes ago, Insane-Mana said:

What actually motivated me in the past and since i've come back was the stronger players, i asked them question and it got me to where i am now.

To some others that replied: My suggestions are only that.. suggestions. And i made them suggestions not because DE Cares about game balance. If they did they would als nerfs ember with her wof same go's for Equinox (or how ever its spelled) same mechanic and even more powerful when done right. Lets not forget about the ultimate cheese frame loki with basically never ending invis. If they care about balance they would have spend their time reworking frames like zephyr, oberon etc. No instead they nerf the weapons that allowed the player that dont have god like aim or mechanic mastery to go into to sorties and stay longer in defense or survival. And saying the boltace and tonker where not broken with these nerfs is just ignorant.

peace!

And your point is? Ever consider that things may be bugged on release as is any game? I'm sure the tonkor and Tboltace are still getting looked at if the changes didn't go as intended. Those weapons had the greatest effect on the game, more so than equinox and ember. They were changed mechanically to add a level of skill while also removing why they were chosen over everything else. Simulor can still be spammed without reason, you just won't clear mobs quickly if you don't use the alt-fire that was always part of the weapon. Tonkor is nearly idiot-proofed with the grenade arming after it goes six meters out. It's a launcher, not a shotgun. It still needs some tweaks. Boltace is weird for some users but from what I gathered the whilrwind can be buggy as hell. That requires a fix. 

You know what DE did add to these weapons? Needing skill to use them effectively without the use of a macro, abusing abilities, or ignoring an entire category of weapons.

Finally, saying peace at the end of a post renders your entire point moot. It's condescending. You're basically saying "I don't care about anyone else's opinion, and will disregard them because I am right anyways." Open your mind to more things buddy, you'll get through life easier that way.

"I tested it a little, and now you can basically make one big &#! explosion insta killing most mob group in seconds. That even with the broken way it fires atm.  I still take it with me to cheese missions." - @Insane-Mana 

That's much better than what we had before. Way better in fact. I bet you even had to position the orbs in order to get a good result. You call it cheese, I call it moving in the right direction.

Edited by CrazyCortex
Forums don't allow quotes in edits.

13 minutes ago, CrazyCortex said:

Keep in mind there is a bug with the simulor that prevents the orbs from combining. That will most likely be fixed after the weekend (DE is usually off on the weekends). I would give it a good hard test after the bugfixes and tweaks to come. 

And your point is? Ever consider that things may be bugged on release as is any game? I'm sure the tonkor and Tboltace are still getting looked at if the changes didn't go as intended. Those weapons had the greatest effect on the game, more so than equinox and ember. They were changed mechanically to add a level of skill while also removing why they were chosen over everything else. Simulor can still be spammed without reason, you just won't clear mobs quickly if you don't use the alt-fire that was always part of the weapon. Tonkor is nearly idiot-proofed with the grenade arming after it goes six meters out. It's a launcher, not a shotgun. It still needs some tweaks. Boltace is weird for some users but from what I gathered the whilrwind can be buggy as hell. That requires a fix. 

You know what DE did add to these weapons? Needing skill to use them effectively without the use of a macro, abusing abilities, or ignoring an entire category of weapons.

Finally, saying peace at the end of a post renders your entire point moot. It's condescending. You're basically saying "I don't care about anyone else's opinion, and will disregard them because I am right anyways." Open your mind to more things buddy, you'll get through life easier that way.

I did some testing with the nerfed weapons.. cant comment on simulor and T.boltace as they are clearly bugged.. and dosnt work as intended so will test again after a fix..

but the tonkor should be working as "intended", and hers my opinion.

its utterly trash anything but a defense where you can stay far away and shoot near the objective.

reasons: 1. the supposingly accuracy increase dosnt help it at all.. as the problem is the fall off of the grenades.

2. with that comes 2nd problem that is, if you miss 1 grande and it dint explode.. you cant find it..  so you are there standing and waiting for the grande to blast..which is stupid coz theres no way to know if every grande did explode or not.. (this killed me many times because its impossible to follow both grenades in the crowd) 

3. it kills the fast spaced combat we had before.. now you have to snipe from far then wait 3-4 sec to make sure that all grenades exploded and then move on.. while non tonkor user already wiped the map in front..

verdict.. its so much fun killing myself that i think its about time to put it down for good.

1 minute ago, Ethermie said:

I did some testing with the nerfed weapons.. cant comment on simulor and T.boltace as they are clearly bugged.. and dosnt work as intended so will test again after a fix..

but the tonkor should be working as "intended", and hers my opinion.

its utterly trash anything but a defense where you can stay far away and shoot near the objective.

reasons: 1. the supposingly accuracy increase dosnt help it at all.. as the problem is the fall off of the grenades.

2. with that comes 2nd problem that is, if you miss 1 grande and it dint explode.. you cant find it..  so you are there standing and waiting for the grande to blast..which is stupid coz theres no way to know if every grande did explode or not.. (this killed me many times because its impossible to follow both grenades in the crowd) 

3. it kills the fast spaced combat we had before.. now you have to snipe from far then wait 3-4 sec to make sure that all grenades exploded and then move on.. while non tonkor user already wiped the map in front..

verdict.. its so much fun killing myself that i think its about time to put it down for good.

Perhaps a grenade indicator like when enemies throw one might remedy half of that. Maybe it beeps down giving you time to react. Other than that, I don't know what else.

Just now, CrazyCortex said:

Perhaps a grenade indicator like when enemies throw one might remedy half of that. Maybe it beeps down giving you time to react. Other than that, I don't know what else.

well may be.. but right now its impossible to use.. unlike other explosives the projectiles are too random to control.

they should make a death counter from self damage (like the soul series has) to see how the change is making the game great lol.

well atleast their plan worked.. we already seeing far few tonkor .. and they are dying soo much they will put it down loo..

probably tonkor will get a strong riven disposition soon.. lol

34 minutes ago, CrazyCortex said:

I usually dont make things personal here, but since you dont have a problem doing so i will reply.

Saying Peace was meant as a positive ending of my post. You assume that with saying peace i am saying; I don't care about anyone else's opinion, and will disregard them because I am right anyways.  This to me is strange.

Buddy maybe assume less in life, you'll get through life easier that way.

I wish you and everyone else in life peace, prosperity and happiness ( try and not misunderstand that )

aka

Peace! 

3 hours ago, Insane-Mana said:

I'm starting this topic to prevent future nerfs of your Favorite frame or weapon.

So the last few days i see 2 groups of people Those who are happy with the nerfs and those that are not. Keep in mind i'm not here to discuss if the nerfs are valid or not.

Now lets say i join a game and of defense and there is a slova, slowing down lvl 20 enemy's, who am i to tell him or her how to play? Solution? Leave the game and restart.. takes like 10 seconds.

This can be applied to all frames and weapons that annoy you.

To the new tenno reading this i would like to say that because you are new you dont have access YET to big powerful weapons or frames, so obviously when you go in public games there's a big chance of some player doing all the killing or most of it. Be patient and your time will come.

ffs, they do not nerf based on whining. DE nerfs after monitoring stats from our gametime. They noticed how much of the game these weapons were playing for other people in matches and they decided it was not promoting the coop gameplay they wanted. That is why they nerfed them.

That logic makes no sense. As an example lets try this is real life

Oh jeez my Co worker is barely working and is hogging all the glory, guess I better quit my job and work somewhere else. Would you do this? I wouldn't I would complain to my boss or file a report. 

Also telling someone to quit rather then tell someone else how to play is in fact telling someone how to play. They have the right to complain, and as long as they do so respectively, you have an obligation to at least, AT LEAST, consider what they are saying rather then dismissing them as though they are beneath you. 

Edited by Miser_able