Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Content for advanced or veteran players

Insane-Mana

I posted this idea before in a reply but i thought i give it's own Thread and hope for some positive feedback.

So there's been a lot of idea's out there and from what i see most of them ask for more story as way to get endgame. This might be a good idea but i think that would be a temporary patch for a endless problem. Because if you add new quests you can do them once or twice and be don with it. My idea can be implemented with what i think is the least effort using existing content and applying some rules to them. 

1. Add 1 or 2 missions to all or most planets
  2. Distribute all missions types to the added mission
  3. For the mission tile sets you can use existing tile sets that correspond with the planet they are on.

Now lock these mission behind a gear score. Example :

Player must have:

1. Lvl 30 frame with at least 2 forma
  2. All weapons must be equipped and have at least 2 forma
  3. Player must be at least mr 15

Of Course these requirements are only an example, but the idea behind it that this way only the Veterans/advanced players can enter. This gives new players a goal to works towards and gives the veterans/advanced players some assurance that his or her team mates have some idea about what they are doing. Of course this isn't fool proof.

Next i think these missions should start the mobs at lvl 100 or 150 maybe even higher. This because i know a lot of players that do endless missions for 2 hours or more because they have to wait 1 hour before the enemy's become some what challenging.

Rewards:

This i leave up to DE, but rewarding 15 endo and vitality mods will render the whole idea useless. However i have 1 suggestion. a few days ago i toke a look at the arcanes and was amazed by the states they give a player. Amazed but not in a good way. So i suggest DE takes a look at them, maybe remove half and rework the others so that they become meaningful.

I hope this helps and all constructive feedback is appreciated. 

24 minutes ago, Insane-Mana said:

So there's been a lot of idea's out there and from what i see most of them ask for more story as way to get endgame. This might be a good idea but i think that would be a temporary patch for a endless problem.

Well ppl copy Mogamu's opinions instead of making their own, anyways his full idea was to add small bits of story as a weekly quest that would drive ppl to comeback every week for the new one. While it's a nice idea it wouldn't make any difference as sorties we have now. 30 min tops and out. Let's be honest there's nothing challanging atm in the game that's also rewarding for the time you invest, unless you are willing to stay 2-3h in a void fissure - then maaaaybe. Raids - ez with 4ppl, even more with 8. Sorties - 30 min tops for a greater lens, but i'd like to have more mission modes with "mobs at lvl 100 or 150 maybe even higher" that'd be fun for sure.

I wouldn't go for forma req, as not all warframe builds need 2 formas, some are perfectly fine with just 1.

8 minutes ago, Genesis7000 said:

You know that ppl spended tousends of plat for acances do you really think it´s a good idea to remove some?

by all means, show me how many ppl use Arcane deflection, resistance or warmth for example. I think he meant the useless ones to go or be reworked.

Edited by --RV--D4VE-

7 minutes ago, Genesis7000 said:

A forma requirement? What if my build is endgame viable and don´t require forma. You know that ppl spended tousends of plat for acances do you really think it´s a good idea to remove some?

I agree with this, I have like no forma on all my equipment exept lex prime and soma prime, the rest is not formad and can go into endgame sorties.

3 minutes ago, --RV--D4VE- said:

Well ppl copy Mogamu's opinions instead of making their own, anyways his full idea was to add small bits of story as a weekly quest that would drive ppl to comeback every week for the new one

The thing is that he has a point. I have not seen the whole video though I agree that more story driven quests would be nice. If DE decides to reuse assets then these quests would not take that long to complete. At the end of these quests just give simple rewards like a potato for starting players or a riven (Quest will only be able to be started after TWW) to help out more experienced players.

Anything to actually give some challenge, without having to resort to grinding for over an hour to get there. However since there still feels like no difference from normal missions to sortie level missions for the most part, barring the ones that just throw radiation around, there still doesn't seem to be much enjoyment in them since we've done the same missions hundreds of times. Maybe these Veteran missions need to be cycled daily and restrict your loadouts somehow "eg No Vitality, or No Serration Rifle only" 

Personally my idea of endgame would be some way to challenge myself, like a set of premade missions where you're given a loadout, a timeframe, and an objective. And you can keep your best times on each, so you can actually compete against yourself. I already know my 8 forma'd kubrow, and my 6 forma'd weapons can 1shot pretty much everything.. a challenge would be like they did with the recent conclave events, but pve style.

1 minute ago, Genesis7000 said:

With some changes conclave could be a part of endgame

That is true though it needs a massive rework but I do think that it can be a really good endgame gamemode especially since you can get nice cosmetics out of it.

40 minutes ago, Panztr said:

The thing is that he has a point. I have not seen the whole video though I agree that more story driven quests would be nice. If DE decides to reuse assets then these quests would not take that long to complete. At the end of these quests just give simple rewards like a potato for starting players or a riven (Quest will only be able to be started after TWW) to help out more experienced players.

while this might for for some players, it would not work for me. I would have the quest once a week then be bored the rest of the week. Personally im at the point where i look at the star chart and think: meh been there done that (x1000)

So now i just forma every thing i find fun, hopefully by the time i've done that they will have come up with something for veterans

4 hours ago, Genesis7000 said:

With some changes conclave could be a part of endgame

It's already endgame. A large portion of its regulars are MR20+, and the majority is over MR14.

There's nothing more challenging in this game than playing against other players.

12 hours ago, Heckzu said:

It's already endgame. A large portion of its regulars are MR20+, and the majority is over MR14.

There's nothing more challenging in this game than playing against other players.

And still the conclave population is very low

Im the weird one that wants DE to balance the game first and then add the endgame.

As for now, the "endgame" of sorties are mostly broken, with only 2-3 rewards interesting for mr20+ players, the raids are not worth it due to constant bug(just look at the few player that try to do then and find then imposible to complete due to something being broken) and general low player count( even less with jordas, i still have to do it some day, maybe never) and farm for primed parts and focus( seriously, focus needs a bigger conection to WW, we now have 2 complete diferent sistems based around the same thing and they dont intereract in anything).

What you are sugesting is another round of sorties, a bit diferent, but aimed at the same target: "endgame" players, and i dont think we need more things to incentive players to level up mastery, weapons are already a big rewards as you can do perfetly fine with the soma(mr6) istn as good or destructive as something like the new tenora(mr9, i think) or the tigris prime(12 or something like that) or the euphona(¿15?) and not counting syndicate primaris(12) witch include the vaykor hek and the previously god weapon: synoid simulor.

And the rewards being the arcanes is a bit messy because there are players that would be salty about their hard earned arcanes tru constants bugs and lack of corrdination on this "puzzle" missions. I would love to see new raids, with similar rewards (and a sligh rework to arcanes to not being tied to cosmetics, just 2 slots per frame and being hable to use then in all frames, or make then tied to badges, less intrusive) but untill im 100% sure that this new and old raids are maintained free of bugs and the new ones are shorter(another thing why i like warframe and not a fan of raids: i prefer short burst of play, 15 mins with no prep required).

Leave arcanes to raids. Just because so many do not want to do raids, doesn't mean the rewards should move elsewhere. Should Rivens be moved to akkad? No, that's silly. 

Raids are a form of end game because it is the ONLY mode that requires teamwork and communication. I say nay to arcanes, but end game systems are welcoming.

The idea of high level missions starting at lvl 100-150 on each planet seems good but I totally disagree with the requirement.

I mostly play with melee only and dont want to equip a useless weapon that will just force me to switch at the start of each game and the Forma restriction is a shame when 80% of my warframe/melee build require 0-2 Forma (if the said item dont have base polarity).
The lvl 30 warframe restriction is also bad (especially on the current sorties) because a build with some Forma is generally ready before reaching the lvl 30.

On 27/03/2017 at 9:36 AM, Insane-Mana said:

I posted this idea before in a reply but i thought i give it's own Thread and hope for some positive feedback.

I think there are other priorities for DE at the moment. They do however, in time, plan on adding a whole new set of missions outside the Origin system where we will have higher level enemies and fight the Sentients more directly along with enemies we already know.

The Grineers for example have hidden bases outside the Origin system where Vay Hek continues to build his Fomorians. Proof of this is that when a new Fomorian takedown mission shows up for us, we get a message saying that the ship came from outside the system.

The Infested we have fought Phorid, Lephantis and Jordas Golem so far, tho at least two of them we can consider powerful, we havent actually met the Infested source and overmind yet. On the Data Rescue mission that we get the Nidus parts, one of them has this really big holographic image showing on the central computer. If you look carefully you will see what looks like a planetoid with tentacles emerging from it.

As for the Sentients, we already know they come from outside the Origin System so at some point we will meet powerful Sentient bosses and Hunhow him self.

1 hour ago, lukinu_u said:

The lvl 30 warframe restriction is also bad (especially on the current sorties) because a build with some Forma is generally ready before reaching the lvl 30.

I know some frames dont need lvl 30 in order to do well, specially after 1 or 2 forma. The point of the lvl 30 restriction is that:

1: Its only takes 15 waves or so to lvl to 30

2: There will always be those who leech

And good or bad idea, i feel we need some assurance players joining such mission know whats up. To maybe put it in a better way. I think these players should know dmg types, how to bypass shields etc.

I have posted this in every thread like this:

Every planet should have 2 lv100+ nodes, one with endless missions and one with normal missions.

Each of these nodes would give extra 60% resource drop along with some affinity boost.

The normal mission would give out mods only obtainable from here if specific conditions are met. These conditions are only shown once you enter the mission.

The endless runs would drop random weapon bp's and parts (like the old void) every 10 min (so only the determined would do it)

Each of these bp's and parts would contain unique weapon variants avaible only from there. (prisma galatine, mutalist skana, vaykor sobek, etc...)

Only the parts would be tradeable, so if someone wants power they have to do these missions.

Each of these weapons would have an "intelligent" system what decreases their damage as the enemy levels go down. (1 lv = -1% damage) The decrease would start from lv 100. No overkill farming.

59 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

I have posted this in every thread like this:

Every planet should have 2 lv100+ nodes, one with endless missions and one with normal missions.

Each of these nodes would give extra 60% resource drop along with some affinity boost.

The normal mission would give out mods only obtainable from here if specific conditions are met. These conditions are only shown once you enter the mission.

The endless runs would drop random weapon bp's and parts (like the old void) every 10 min (so only the determined would do it)

Each of these bp's and parts would contain unique weapon variants avaible only from there. (prisma galatine, mutalist skana, vaykor sobek, etc...)

Only the parts would be tradeable, so if someone wants power they have to do these missions.

Each of these weapons would have an "intelligent" system what decreases their damage as the enemy levels go down. (1 lv = -1% damage) The decrease would start from lv 100. No overkill farming.

i like

The main problem stopping DE from adding challenging gameplay, in my opinion at least, is that a large portion of the player base has an aversion to balance in the form of nerfs. We'll never have challenging content when we have the ability to completely shutdown large sections of a map at will, or become completely immune to damage etc. They can keep adding counters in the form of enemies like Nullifiers, but we've already seen how people react to things like that. So far the response to people asking for challenging gameplay has been events with ridiculous scaling, which just reinforces the meta or encourages various cheese strategies.

At some point people are going to need to learn to be ok with having some of their power taken from them, if they really want a difficult (and fun) end game.

3 hours ago, TheDrunkenKanaima said:

The main problem stopping DE from adding challenging gameplay, in my opinion at least, is that a large portion of the player base has an aversion to balance in the form of nerfs. We'll never have challenging content when we have the ability to completely shutdown large sections of a map at will, or become completely immune to damage etc. They can keep adding counters in the form of enemies like Nullifiers, but we've already seen how people react to things like that. So far the response to people asking for challenging gameplay has been events with ridiculous scaling, which just reinforces the meta or encourages various cheese strategies.

At some point people are going to need to learn to be ok with having some of their power taken from them, if they really want a difficult (and fun) end game.

I hate that we have more people crying for nerfs than people actually want buffs and challange.

I could kill for the stuff i wrote upper but im sure someone would come up and whine here that its unfairly hard for them and their @#$_ gear.

4 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

I hate that we have more people crying for nerfs than people actually want buffs and challange.

I could kill for the stuff i wrote upper but im sure someone would come up and whine here that its unfairly hard for them and their @#$_ gear.

Way to completely miss the point